Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Why don't my GKs ever improve

russy

I mean they never get better.. Top facilities top staff etc.. Gk coach or not don't help.. I bought a great 19 yo.. 2 seasons no improvement to any stat.. No green arrows.. Nothing what gives.. If I sell him I bet he will improve.. Frustrating 

7 minutes ago, russy said:

I mean they never get better.. Top facilities top staff etc.. Gk coach or not don't help.. I bought a great 19 yo.. 2 seasons no improvement to any stat.. No green arrows.. Nothing what gives.. If I sell him I bet he will improve.. Frustrating 

Same with me so I’ll sell them with buyout clause and buy them back when they gets better

I think it's "age locked", don't know how to word it better. 

I've noticed it with all types of players. They reach their peak for said age and won't be able to improve until they get older. I think that's how it's implemented so that we have gradual improvements over time and not the entire DB peaking at 24 years of age. And it seems, to me tho, it differs per strata so forwards would peak sooner than goalkeepers.

I used to think GKs never improved at all and then I noticed mine actually were improving, but not getting the little green upwards indicators for many of the attribute increases. I've even managed to get them to improve things like Communication and Handling, which I thought impossible to improve. 

I do use keepers with a lot of potential (ie the gap between CA and PA), which may have some effect on this. In earlier saves I knew for a fact that they had a lot of potential thanks to the scouting app I'm developing. In my current career I can't use that, so don't know for sure, but I'm using regens which almost certainly have high potential. Anyway, that does seem to help.

That said, it does still feel like slow work and I often loan keepers out to get them developed up quicker. 

Cool thanks.. Yea loaning out pretty much all players has a big part in building up stats.. To big to be honest.. Even though I have top facilities if I loan a youth out to a league 1 or 2 team there stats get a nice increase instantly.. Well anyway the new versions out tomorrow so nothing can be done now.. Look forward to the feedback from new release

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

I used to think GKs never improved at all and then I noticed mine actually were improving, but not getting the little green upwards indicators for many of the attribute increases. I've even managed to get them to improve things like Communication and Handling, which I thought impossible to improve. 

I do use keepers with a lot of potential (ie the gap between CA and PA), which may have some effect on this. In earlier saves I knew for a fact that they had a lot of potential thanks to the scouting app I'm developing. In my current career I can't use that, so don't know for sure, but I'm using regens which almost certainly have high potential. Anyway, that does seem to help.

That said, it does still feel like slow work and I often loan keepers out to get them developed up quicker. 

Communication = Leadership, plus or minus a few points. Leadership increase = Communication increase. 

This is why I always loan keepers out. I generally have a first team goalkeeper of about 28-33, backup of 22-27, and a loaned keeper of 17-22. 

16 minutes ago, SirSpankorama said:

Communication = Leadership, plus or minus a few points. Leadership increase = Communication increase. 

This is why I always loan keepers out. I generally have a first team goalkeeper of about 28-33, backup of 22-27, and a loaned keeper of 17-22. 

For me 2 goalkeepers are enough in the first team.

1. If the age of your first team gk is 30+.  I will put a age of 18~21 on the bench. Sometimes youth keeper may gain a lot of experience and boost his progress only sitting on the bench.

2. If the age of your first team gk is 18~29.  I will suggest put a age of 32+ for backup.

In fmm 20, there is a new feature about mentoring.  I think this feature will useful in gk role.

Edited by Godfrey