Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Which playing style and formation you usually choose

Godfrey

I found that there are very little fmm players playing counter attack.  They usually playing attacking football instead of counter attack.  Recent months, I try many counter attack tactics but it is not effective.  However, when I change to play attacking football, the team move more smoothly.

Edited by Godfrey
Just now, Lord Danish said:

I would play vary from Overload, attacking, control, counter and defensive depending on how good my players are

But I see there are less counter attack tactics in the tactics index

8 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

But I see there are less counter attack tactics in the tactics index

Counter attack are hard to setup especially for beginners despite looks sooo easy in real life that’s why not many people did them

2 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Counter attack are hard to setup especially for beginners despite looks sooo easy in real life that’s why not many people did them

I think if the tactics system is more detailed, more fmm players are willing to use and more easy to setup.

Just now, Godfrey said:

I think if the tactics system is more detailed, more fmm players are willing to use and more easy to setup.

Yup that’s described perfectly

Unfortunately I can't see any tactics changes in the trailer and screenshots, that's make me slightly disappointed

Edited by Godfrey
Just now, Godfrey said:

In the fmm trailer, I can't see any changes in tactics. The tactics system is same as fmm 19

Owh yes it is sadly, I just hope that new roles would be added

4 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Owh yes it is sadly, I just hope that new roles would be added

I hope they added inverted wingers and false 9.  I think those roles may make the tactics be more diversified. 

1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

I hope they added inverted wingers and false 9.  I think those roles may make the tactics be more diversified. 

I really wanted Raumdeuter and Mezalla probably complete wingback too

1 minute ago, Lord Danish said:

I really wanted Raumdeuter and Mezalla probably complete wingback too

I think there are less choices of roles in wingers 

41212 is my favourite formation, also known as 442 diamond in the game also with overload mentality, high defensive line. Mental I know 😆 but with great players it works very well. Not suitable for a smaller club though 

i'll probably dive in with my very simple 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2) formation and then adjust according to what the game is giving me. i went from Control to Attacking last year as i found it effective and i prefer to be on the front foot.

Oh I'm a big fan of Ramdeuter, but so many times I've wanted a diamond of DLP BBM+Carrilero AP that I've gone over to play FM for a bit before realizing how long it would take me to get out of the preseason, LOL. I suppose I should try out Touch at some point, but I'd much prefer the tactical options integrated into the layout of FMM. I use something crazy, actually sort of like a 2-2-6 (2-2-3-3) for big teams mainly because I like to score, but for smaller teams I recommend a 5221 DM formation. Then I move DMs up to CMs and I move one of the 3 CBs up into AMC when I'm really confident. Generally works well, and you can't let in too many goals with a 5 or 4 in the back.

Going back to the OP, I have made a successful lower league counter attacking tactic, similar to the tactic above. I'll think about posting it. You need pacey strikers who can shoot and move, (blue at least, green in pace amazing) and wingers with blue in crossing and pace. Hopefully you've got players with standard DLP attributes as well, because I've found them to be really useful.

Playing a 4-3-2-1 with the 3 in DM I've found to be a pretty good counter attacking solution, but if you have a technical AM I would recommend changing to a 4-2-2-1-1. (or a 4-4-1-1 DM)

Also, wide midfielder I've found to be supremely overpowered with the right players around them. I haven't tried them in a Counter Attacking setup, but I will in FMM20.

4-2-3-1/4-3-3 (described in the game as 4-1-2-2-1) does it for me. I had a 4-4-2 stint early in my FMM playing days, but I've moved away from that's I prefer balance. (I've also worked with the inverted wingback, to great effect).

I usually use a Control or Attacking mentality, mainly because overload has players running like headless chickens. Add a good striker and great central defenders, and I'm okay.

About the new roles, I'm not sure a mezzala would be easily implementable. People don't even agree on what a mezzala is. Same thing with the Raumdeuter. Too complicated, and a Trequatrista is just fine. 

Ashez has been mentioning set pieces since time immemorial, and I reckon that's not exactly a hard thing to do, with respect to code. 

Ideally, I'd prefer a false nine, a return of the BBM (DM) position, and inverted wingers. But above all, if we just had the Support, Attack, Defend roles, like CM(Su), that'd be perfect. I'm tired of my BBMs and APs taking goals in my 433. 

But the keyword here is ideally.

You guys love using FB or wing back?

I think in attacking team mentality, FB is more suitable since they won't push to high when attacking.  That's mean they can easier to prevent counter attack 

However in control team mentality, wing back is more suitable.

Btw, do any love using defensive full back?

44 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

You guys love using FB or wing back?

I think in attacking team mentality, FB is more suitable since they won't push to high when attacking.  That's mean they can easier to prevent counter attack 

However in control team mentality, wing back is more suitable.

Btw, do any love using defensive full back?

DFB is amazing when used with DWs, but you have to make sure you have a system like 4-5-1 or even 3-5-2 to compensate in midfield.

I keep coming back to this article for this topic: 

Fortunately I still have screenshots of this, so I have the pictures. It'd be nice to update this article once FMM20 is out, along with update to the screenshots?

I prefer the 4-3-3 shapes or 4-1-2-2-1 as it is in game. There is however a shape that I loved from a tactic post in the FMM19 area, so I'll be trying that and adapting it if it doesn't work as is. Hopefully it or a variation of it will play as well as it did on 19.