Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges FMM Goes to the Movies: The Italian Job

FMM Goes to the Movies: The Italian Job

MV5BYzZjMWVlZGYtMmVkOC00NWY1LTg3MjEtZWRlM2RmMDE3ZmRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.thumb.jpg.241a15e8825ada525afac29bade0308f.jpg

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" 

If you don't know that iconic line, you might as well leave now! Michael Caine and this fantastic crime caper will long live in the memory of generations just through those 9 immortal words. But that aside, The Italian Job had much to enjoy. The beautiful setting of Turin, the range of catchy music and, of course, 3 little Mini Coopers. 

Caine and co's daring theft of Italian gold and subsequent automobile escapades over, under and around Turin ensure that you're never far from the edge of your seat. Chuck in some Mafia ties and the literal cliffhanger ending and I think it's fair to say this film is made for a FMM challenge. 

Do, do, do, self preservation society…. Shhh, it's a movie! 

The Challenge

1 season challenge

Manage one of the Turin teams - Juventus or Torino. 

Sign your 3 Mini Coopers. These must be English strikers, one each from teams playing in red, blue and white. 

Try to take as much goal-d (geddit?) from Italy as you can. 

Gold = £5000 per goal scored by one of your Minis. 

Bonus gold = £50000 for European Cup win (Champions league with Juventus, Europa League with Torino). £25000 if Juventus win Europa League. 

Serie A win with Juventus = £20000, with Torino £35000

£10000 per domestic cup. 

Usual challenge rules apply. 

Buona fortuna. 

TPM

Full film index link

Wall of Fame:

1. @Dagion £420,000

1. @Ian £420,000

2. @Shector £345,000

Edited by Thepremiermanager

Does the kit of the club have to be entirely the colour required or does red/white stripe suffice for example. Also can it be any kit or does it have to be the 1st or second kit? 

6 hours ago, Shector said:

Does the kit of the club have to be entirely the colour required or does red/white stripe suffice for example. Also can it be any kit or does it have to be the 1st or second kit? 

Sorry, just seen this message. I would say the bulk of the kit should be the correct colour and I suppose I assumed 1st kit but happy to go 2nd too if that's what's been done in other similar kit-based challenges. 

Looks like your chosen guys team's are all 1st kit colours anyway so go with it and we can decide again if you have a particular player you want for a second attempt. 

2 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Sorry, just seen this message. I would say the bulk of the kit should be the correct colour and I suppose I assumed 1st kit but happy to go 2nd too if that's what's been done in other similar kit-based challenges. 

Looks like your chosen guys team's are all 1st kit colours anyway so go with it and we can decide again if you have a particular player you want for a second attempt. 

Yeah happy with the players I have to be honest, it was just because there isn't alot of choice from the players that are interested. Getting on fine though 😁

13 minutes ago, Shector said:

Yeah happy with the players I have to be honest, it was just because there isn't alot of choice from the players that are interested. Getting on fine though 😁

I suppose that's where the choice between Juve or Torino becomes important! Do you want more options but less prize money/a harder route to the money? 

Just a quick question @Thepremiermanager, they have to be natural strikers? Or you just have to use them as striker? Since I'm already underway it doesn't matter that much for me since I'm quite happy with who I've got.

As long as they are green in the st position I'm happy. If you think of real life, players like Mane play as part of a front 3 and he's a dark green in game rather than a 'natural' striker.

Anything other than green I'd say they don't class as a striker so not within the rules. 

50 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

As long as they are green in the st position I'm happy. If you think of real life, players like Mane play as part of a front 3 and he's a dark green in game rather than a 'natural' striker.

Anything other than green I'd say they don't class as a striker so not within the rules. 

Thanks! I signed three natural strikers, just wondered about wingers because I'm struggling to get three up front going. Just some fine-tuning I guess because results are good.

1 hour ago, Dagion said:

Thanks! I signed three natural strikers, just wondered about wingers because I'm struggling to get three up front going. Just some fine-tuning I guess because results are good.

Winger/strikers ala Mane are fine as long as you're playing a 3-up formation. Maybe 2 wide strikers (INF) and 1 central will work? 

1 hour ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Winger/strikers ala Mane are fine as long as you're playing a 3-up formation. Maybe 2 wide strikers (INF) and 1 central will work? 

I'm switching between a 2-3-2-3, a 4-3-3 and a 4-3-2-1 currently. Results are excellent, unbeaten at the winter window.. it's just that the few goals I score are evenly spread across my team. Got some transfers to do and maybe the amount of goals will improve with some better support players. 

53 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

@Ian @Dagion Joint scores deserve a joint ranking. 1st for you both.

Looking forward to the next film! 

Haha thanks, looks good being above Ian, even if it's just alphabetical!