• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Triple Threat

FuddledFox

The Triple Threat Challenge

This challenge was originally created by @J-savage

The Challenge

This challenge is simple yet challenging as the aim of the game is to get three strikers to score 1500 goals as a trio.

Rules

• Own formations only.
  • No use of the editors, myclub or anything like that so no created players or editing of existing ones.
  • Original database only.
  • No cheating which includes reloading.
  • Photo evidence will be required so i suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.
  • All three players must play in a striking position (FL-FC-FC-FC-FR) and you must play a three up front tactic at all times.
  • Any league and any team is fair game.
  • No unlockables unless earned in that save.
  • International goals only count towards the total if the three players share a nationality and when you become manager of that country.

Leaderboard

• @Rob - Greenwood, Rogers, Dembele - PSG: 2,389
  • @RichDave32 - Fabio Silva, Pellegri, Mason Greenwood - PSG: 2,130
  • @Foxy - Esposito, Pellegri, Selcedo - PSG: 2,125 goals
  • @billy2shots - Barasi, Unuvar, Boadu - AZ: 2,118
  • @Ian - Zirkzee, Boadu, Postema - PSG - 1,768 goals
  • @Kun Aguero - Ali Akman, Fehmi Koc, Omer Beyaz - PSG: 1708 goals
  • @Scratch - Todibo, Martinez, Godfrey - Barcelona - 1621 goals
  • @smoggy90 - Khomeini Talbot, Shaki Pearman, Landro Minor - União de Leira: 1526 goals
  • @Foxy - Olly Hamilton, Jamie Lyons, Sam Cochrane - TNS - 1524 goals
  • @Kanegan - Mensah Quarshie, Kelvin Olori, Brian Oddei - Bayern Munich: 1507gls
  • @George Traistă - Fati, Carlos Alvarez, Pedri - Espanyol - 1504gls
  • @Dai_ - Esposito, Zaniolo, Selcedo - Benfica - 1500gls

The Triple Threat is the pinnacle of Vibe challenges in my opinion. It’s so good I did 3 of them in one save. 

Please accept Barasi, Unuvar and Boadu as my offering to the TT gods. 2118 goals. 

Finally completed this challenge and along with it,my first FMM triple crown! 😁

The numbers are pretty crap for two strikers but thankfully, one stood out as expected.

Eddie Salcedo:

862106395_Screenshot_20200803-120450_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.70cdd8bf1c415e00951f09507926c813.jpg

1734535641_Screenshot_20200803-120458_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.19c683457985f13144f77670ef4a2719.jpg

211+40= 251 🤦‍♂️

Nicolo Zaniolo:

2001391933_Screenshot_20200803-120823_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.e0f0d0d322d4e45f5e064c552be8accd.jpg

121218143_Screenshot_20200803-120830_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.8b68439e7918eb5fb46bc44cce04b0c6.jpg

296 (minus the 4 he starts off with before you start a game 😒) = 292+55= 347 🤦‍♂️

Sebastiano Esposito:

679903728_Screenshot_20200803-121247_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.0981914c2cb70e6af0dacda3a1dda783.jpg

409511783_Screenshot_20200803-121313_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.60e897dce3cccc2ab867fe1407edb14a.jpg

790+112= 902 😁👍

Grand total:

251+347+902= 1500 😊

Hey @Foxy do you have to use a three up front formation? I know with the DT you need to have a two up front formation, but the TT it doesn't seem to say if you need three up front. I'm just wondering if it's possible to do DT and a TT at the same time, ie with a two up front formation and rotating the three strikers through that.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Hey @Foxy do you have to use a three up front formation? I know with the DT you need to have a two up front formation, but the TT it doesn't seem to say if you need three up front. I'm just wondering if it's possible to do DT and a TT at the same time, ie with a two up front formation and rotating the three strikers through that.

All three must play in the forward strata but it doesn’t specifically say that it must be a front three so I would say what you have planned is legit.

On 21/11/2019 at 06:46, Foxy said:

All three players must play in a striking position (FL-FC-FC-FC-FR)

29 minutes ago, Foxy said:

All three must play in the forward strata but it doesn’t specifically say that it must be a front three so I would say what you have planned is legit.

Damn. I don't want to do a long career. I really don't. Thanks though for your help though! 

Two striker tactics simply aren't in the spirit of this challenge and are designed for the Double Trouble. Personally I'd omitted "two striker" variants as they're making a mockery of the challenge. 

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

Two striker tactics simply aren't in the spirit of this challenge and are designed for the Double Trouble. Personally I'd omitted "two striker" variants as they're making a mockery of the challenge. 

What about if we did it as another challenge or something? Then this one can have a clause added to it with ‘with at least three players always playing in the top line’ or something? 

What do others think? 

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

What about if we did it as another challenge or something? Then this one can have a clause added to it with ‘with at least three players always playing in the top line’ or something? 

What do others think? 

I like that idea as it's not discrediting this challenge while adding another new exciting option for the community. 

Something like "The Combined DT/TT" say? 

So you pick 2 or 3 players and they can play in any type of front 2/3 (challenge permitting) and rotated at will, with the selected players combined trying to reach the required target? 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

What do others think? 

I haven’t been on the forum long but since I have, I’ve always thought of the main goalscoring challenges in very simple terms. The 1kc as any player in any position going for 1000 goals, the DT as two players playing in a two up top system going for 1200 goals and the TT as three players in a three up top system going for 1500 goals. It might seem simple and it is really as I think that was probably what the original challenge creators intended.

So, yes I like this idea of keeping this as is and doing another challenge for other stuff. A long term challenge where you could just pick three players playing in any position or say from AM-FL would be rather good I think and would offer a lot of variety. Same could be for two players playing anywhere too and again loads of ways to go about it.

Edited by Ian

The main reason I chose the Triple Threat with a two striker formation was it meant i could rotate the challenge players around with each other, but I get that it isn't really what the challenge should be

26 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

The main reason I chose the Triple Threat with a two striker formation was it meant i could rotate the challenge players around with each other, but I get that it isn't really what the challenge should be

Not picking an argument as I agree with that logic to some degree, however managing the three's mins and dealing with any injuries is the challenge in the TT. Being able to rotate one out kinda beats the point entirely imo. 

Personally, I'm not sure it's worth a separate challenge - not against that necessarily, just it probably wouldn't be worth doing it to me.

I'd change the rules above ASAP to say 3 up front tactics only from now on, then have the separate leaderboard above just for  those already in progress (and drop that next year). Hmm, maybe a separate one would be better to keep this one pure.

For the save I'm doing, I'll just drop the TT part and just make it a DT, but I get not everyone would want to do that.

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

Personally, I'm not sure it's worth a separate challenge - not against that necessarily, just it probably wouldn't be worth doing it to me.

I'd change the rules above ASAP to say 3 up front tactics only from now on, then have the separate leaderboard above just for  those already in progress (and drop that next year). Hmm, maybe a separate one would be better to keep this one pure.

For the save I'm doing, I'll just drop the TT part and just make it a DT, but I get not everyone would want to do that.

It would offer a brand new type of challenge as that challenge isn't this one in spirit. Yes you're holding onto a loophole but by doing so you're going against the spirit of a challenge that's years old, sure the wording could have been tighter but instead of clarifying you basically attempted to discredit this challenge imo, doing a TT with a front two and rotating one in massively changes the challenge. It's not this challenge anymore. 

This challenge is about managing a front three, having to deal with injuries actually costing you time, have to decided when to rest and play them and so on. Using a two and rotating one is basically the easy mode where most the decision making has been completely taken away. Instead of thinking about it you're just rotating one out. You're risk free resting to avoid jadeness and so on. 

The target still has merit which is why I suggested making a separate thread and brings other unique aspects to a challenge but it's clearly not the original TT. 

The challenge is like 7 years old and I agree the wording should be tighter like i said but this is the first time it's ever been mentioned because everyone knows it's a front three challenge but a front two and a sub. 

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yes you're holding onto a loophole but by doing so you're going against the spirit of a challenge that's years old, sure the wording could have been tighter but instead of clarifying you basically attempted to discredit this challenge imo

Never tried this challenge before, so I wasn't sure if it had to be 3 up front or not - so I specifically asked above if it was okay and was told that it was. So I did clarify - I always ask when I'm not sure about something.

And the first thing I did when I found out that it is actually an issue was to straight up say I wouldn't claim my current career as a TT. So I feel like I haven't done anything wrong and I'm not trying to discredit it. 🙂

Anyway, all I was saying in my previous response is that I personally don't find the idea of a new challenge exciting. I've dropped the TT part of my current career and I'll be back for a real one later sometime. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Never tried this challenge before, so I wasn't sure if it had to be 3 up front or not - so I specifically asked above if it was okay and was told that it was. So I did clarify - I always ask when I'm not sure about something.

Apologies mate, I obviously hadn't seen that. I look an arse now either way but I can only apologise. 

My views still stand on the combination challenge verse the original TT but I see what you're saying. 

59 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Apologies mate, I obviously hadn't seen that. I look an arse now either way but I can only apologise. 

My views still stand on the combination challenge verse the original TT but I see what you're saying. 

No worries mate, it's all good. I know you're really passionate about Vibe and everything on here. 

Now that I've seen the reasoning you outlined (eg that part of the skill of a TT is managing a front three, etc), it makes sense to me. Just didn't realise that before or I would never have gone the combo route - I want to do it the right way. Speaking of which...

I'm thinking that dropping the TT part of my combo career should mean the DT part is still okay? I've been using a two striker formation throughout and I nominated which two players were the DT ones before I started, so I think I'm good with the DT rules - but if you (or anyone) sees any problems with that, let me know! Thanks 

@Scratch carry on as you are as your DT score will be based on the two you previously said. HOWEVER, @Foxy has a good idea for another challenge that’ll involve your third striker and you’d post a great score if you continued and I know a few others want to give a go, so hold that thought and wait for it to be posted by one of us before stopping it.

In my current Triple Threat attempt (but I'm using a two up front tactic) I'm only 37 goals away from reaching 1500, I can change it to a Double trouble if necessary, as two of the three players have scored the majority of the target goals anyway, it's up to @Rob, I don't mind either way

12 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

In my current Triple Threat attempt (but I'm using a two up front tactic) I'm only 37 goals away from reaching 1500, I can change it to a Double trouble if necessary, as two of the three players have scored the majority of the target goals anyway, it's up to @Rob, I don't mind either way

The challenge I (or @Rob if he beats me to it) am going to post later will allow you to submit your career for a DT as it meets those criteria if you have played two up top but also use the third player to go on the leaderboard of the new challenge.

34 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Cheers @Foxy, maybe in the future I'll attempt a proper Triple Threat with three up top

You and Scratch will be trailblazers in what I, personally, think will become the leaderboard that everyone will go for!

@Foxy @Rob - Thanks fellas, looks good. I'll go for a DT and the 3 player Goaltopia and I think everything's sweet. Will update my post next time I do a season update (should be in the next day or two).

Would it be possible for someone to add "3 Player up front tactics only" or something to that effect in the rules for this one, up above? Not everyone will read through all the posts, so seems better to make it really clear up front.