Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe Community Events FMM20

samhardy

Vibe Community Events - FMM20

Here are the events/tournaments we have planned for FMM20. The schedule has been worked out by @Foxy and myself and hopefully you will all enjoy them. They will be semi-invitational but anyone can register interest to participate but more on that at the end.

The schedule is based around 3 major events which is mainly to keep them all enjoyable whilst not burning everyone out due to participating in too many of them. Here are the events and if you want more detail on them just click the name of the event and it will take you to last year's edition of the competition.

• Vibe Premier League - This is run in a league format containing H2Hs between participants every week, finishing with the playoffs.
  • Vibe World Cup - Containing teams of 2 trying to bring glory to their country.
  • Challenge Cup - The oldest of all vibe competitions and the toughest one to win. Wasn't held last year due to issues with the game.

1315950145_EventsSchedule.png.9d325f3b66ba901dbfc28a9a23e8e167.png

You will notice underneath that it says "invitational" under the first event which is the VPL. This is the case due to issues in the past of people signing up and then leaving halfway through and other issues regarding cheating, this way we can only include members we trust and know will participate fully throughout the tournament.

For the events this year there will be a few members who will be invited to join a couple of weeks before the start of the competition. Please be aware that unless we know you are interested then there is no excuse for complaining that you didn't get an invite.

If you are interested in participating in the VPL that will start early in the new year then please PM either Foxy or myself to let us know you are interested.

Vibe World Cup Sign Up

The Vibe World Cup will be starting next Saturday which is apparently the 25th of April.

It is a team event with each team consisting of two Vibers. The event will last 5 weeks with a three week group stage with half season challenges and then a semi final and final if your team gets that far.

You can get an idea for the event buy looking at last years here.

A number of you have already been invited and have confirmed so you don’t need to get in touch with me again.

If you haven’t had an invite but would like to be considered to take part please PM myself and @Ian and we will see if we can fit you into a team. 

Spaces are limited now though so I can’t promise anything.

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

If you really begged I might let you take part.

Thanks but nope, sitting this one out. I've got nothing to prove after I won the VPL. Technically I think I won. 😁 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks but nope, sitting this one out. I've got nothing to prove after I won the VPL. Technically I think I won. 😁 

Did you “technically” win the CC a couple of years ago as well?

You know, the one when I absolutely took you to the cleaners in the final :P

I am looking at starting the challenge cup in the next couple of weeks. The format will be dependent on how many signups there are, but most likely will be a qualifying round straight into the Quarter-Finals.

It will be the third and probably final event of FMM20 after the VPL and VWC which you can check out below.

There’s a few of you that have already received invites to participate so don’t need to do anything else but there’s still spaces available for anyone who wants to join.

If you haven’t yet received an invite but want to participate then PM me and I will add you to the participants list. Please only sign up if you can commit to playing what will be 4 challenges if you reach the final.

Again, sorry I can’t play this year, but I thoroughly recommend this to anyone thinking about taking part. Sam always hosts a great tournament. 

The Vibe tournaments look really good! Would love to do one at some point! Obviously being new around here I should probs complete a few more of the challenges before doing a tournament so probably go in for the tournaments when FMM21 is about I guess 😀

11 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

The Vibe tournaments look really good! Would love to do one at some point! Obviously being new around here I should probs complete a few more of the challenges before doing a tournament so probably go in for the tournaments when FMM21 is about I guess 😀

No worries if you don’t want to take part but honestly these events are really fun and they make you look at the game in different ways so I think you would enjoy it. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

No worries if you don’t want to take part but honestly these events are really fun and they make you look at the game in different ways so I think you would enjoy it. 

I'd be happy to take part , just didn't think with me being so new to the forum I'd be invited to have a go if I fancied it that's all 😀

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

I'd be happy to take part , just didn't think with me being so new to the forum I'd be invited to have a go if I fancied it that's all 😀

Everyone is welcome new and old.

5 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Count me in then 👍

Good boy. You learn more about the game doing these as the challenges force you to try things you normally wouldnt.

You cant play the game like real world, the physics arent the same so you find things that shouldnt work....do!

You'll love it.

Update

Got a good number of participants already. Didn’t expect that to happen so quickly especially given the time of year :)

So I will probably start it late this week (Thursday or Friday most likely) but the signups are still open until then for anyone else who wants to join.

Just read the last Challenge Cup Thread ( 2018) to give me an idea of what to actually expect in it this year , must say I think I'm going to pull my hair out after the first challenge is announced more than likely 😂

19 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Just read the last Challenge Cup Thread ( 2018) to give me an idea of what to actually expect in it this year , must say I think I'm going to pull my hair out after the first challenge is announced more than likely 😂

I can’t find it. Would you mind to give me the link?

1 hour ago, AdamNufc said:

That can happen.

*Big hint*    More than anything...read the rules!!

And then read them again and double check and then ask questions if your unsure. Nothing worse than posting your results and Sam tells you you've cocked up because you didnt read the rules properly 😉