Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Editor, who uses it and why ?

gray631

First off let me say that I always buy the editor along with the full game. I tend to run 3 saves. I have my proper game and I have 2 other games that I use with the editor. I have a sort of dream team set up just for fun and I have another where I pick either my local team or some non league team and give them a huge budget to use and I play as a different team and watch to see what they do and where they end up. Does anyone else do this ? 

Edited by gray631
More info

I usually only ever use the editor to see PAs. Never actually edited anything. Don't see the need to when you can snap up world class quality players for less than a mill. Concentrating on challenges this season though, so won't buy it this time round unless I decide to take Maidenhead to the prem again. 

I use it generally when I'm testing tactics. I will very quickly move players out of my team that I don't need and give myself players I need for the tactic then bash out half a season. If the tactic is going well then I'll continue the test for a full season.

For the record the players I give myself are not worldies as that would make the test pointless. They are only ever players I know I would be able to buy and afford. It's just that buying and selling takes far too much time. Especially if it takes a while to find a tactic I'm happy with. Last year I must have tested 20 tactics. This year though I hit the jackpot on my 4th test so I doubt I'll use the editor again if I'm honest.

Never have & never will. The thought of having the temptation to ensure Liverpool get relegated in every single save would far outweigh any benefits I can gain from the Editor 🤣

I use it only for checking Pa and reducing club finances to bare minimum after resigning as a manager at any club i manage to prevent unreal overspending (Annoying)...

Reason is:

I once had a save (Fmm2018) managing valencia which i ended up having 400m+ surplus budget in my final season at the club after 11yrs,as soon as i resigned as manager, the next manager spent close to 800m+ on large tons of players on an already world class team in just one season😵...

Pissed me off I started using the ige in my saves to reduce club budget ever since i noticed the unreal stuff and it helps lessen the absurd transfer activities at former clubs...Ffp regulations in the game would easy prevent this unrealistic overspending stuff🙄

Edited by Vlahd
New thoughts i feel i could add

I'm the same as the OP. Got two saves running, one legit and one for fun/research/tactic testing. It's useful for trying to back engineer some tactics.

On 23/11/2019 at 09:59, itzChris92 said:

I usually only ever use the editor to see PAs. Never actually edited anything. Don't see the need to when you can snap up world class quality players for less than a mill. Concentrating on challenges this season though, so won't buy it this time round unless I decide to take Maidenhead to the prem again. 

I use it the exact same way, how do you go about finding those players? I'm clicking player name > edit > back > back and then again and again, it's time consuming 

1 hour ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

I use it the exact same way, how do you go about finding those players? I'm clicking player name > edit > back > back and then again and again, it's time consuming 

As far as I know that's about it. It is a shame that they don't implement an easier way. Maybe an option to change the scout reports for editor reports on the player search screen?

I once used it to save my job by injuring every player on the next match I was playing and we destroyed the team but healed them after the match