Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Squad Rotation

Hi all,

I just wanted to find out for the vast majority of you all, how often do you guys rotate your squads to keep everyone happy? Personally throughout the past 5 years of FMM I’ve been having 2 full teams of 11 and plan their rotation around match fixtures. Have not really tried playing a full 11 man every game with on and off rotations. How would that work (i.e. players condition to keep going every game). Am curious to find out more so I can begin my new save once I’ve unlocked sugar daddy for this year’s edition! 

Would playing a player consistently every game result in faster development? Of course the downside to my current approach would be the number of goals and assists etc

conditioning seems quite fine for now (but maybe i'm not in the most hectic league). i generally have a first XI that i just tweak occasionally, some competent reserves who i'm happy to bring in if needed, and a layer behind them which are promising youngsters...

1 minute ago, lforlalaland said:

Would playing a player consistently every game result in faster development? Of course the downside to my current approach would be the number of goals and assists etc

it's not like a guarantee, but yeah it gives them more chances to develop, for sure. if they are young and getting 7+ every game, that's great - they should have positive boosts after every game for quite a while...

I would say starting everyone rotationally works well with me while my striker up top played every games and subbed out around 65-80 minutes during the game to keep his stamina full

19 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

conditioning seems quite fine for now (but maybe i'm not in the most hectic league). i generally have a first XI that i just tweak occasionally, some competent reserves who i'm happy to bring in if needed, and a layer behind them which are promising youngsters...

In this case, what’s your squad depth in terms of players like. Say 11 first team, a couple of backup and some hot prospects (wonderkids)? So that’s around 20 players thereabout? 

17 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

I would say starting everyone rotationally works well with me while my striker up top played every games and subbed out around 65-80 minutes during the game to keep his stamina full

Same questions as per my reply to @Mr Tree, what’s your squad depth wise in terms of total players in the first team? 2 for every position or ... 

Thanks for the prompt replies guys! Appreciate it :) 

27 minutes ago, lforlalaland said:

Same questions as per my reply to @Mr Tree, what’s your squad depth wise in terms of total players in the first team? 2 for every position or ... 

Thanks for the prompt replies guys! Appreciate it :) 

I mostly have about 3 on every position with probably total pf 33 players on my team

6 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

I mostly have about 3 on every position with probably total pf 33 players on my team

Dayum that’s way more than what I expected. I have been going with 2 per position and picking up some spares in players who I like (mainly CM and AM) and total first team squad size is around 28 players or so. Is it a headache to keep everyone happy seeing how you rotate them to start? Also how often is your rotation like in terms of matches and do you rotate pretty much the entire 11 players every game? 

I try to retrain positions on players as much as possible as long as they have the aptitude for it. This is because I like to have 3 players for each position, same as @Lord Danish, but don't like to have such a large squad as it is difficult to keep everyone happy.

I believe they kept the same conditioning that they used on the last update on Fmm2019. Players manage okay the first part of the season but struggle to play every game after January. Not too happy with this, joined with the limitations they've put in place for development. More realistic, sure. More fun...? Not for me

I agree it’s a rough bump in terms of development where Ansu fati and Bukayo Saka stalled for a good 2 Seasons despite regular playing time with really decent (70% ish 7+ rating per match). Only now in my 3rd season do I see more frequent increments in their attributes (i.e. in at least 2 attributes not counting fitness) 

hopefully this works out better in lower leagues when I start my new save :3

2 hours ago, lforlalaland said:

In this case, what’s your squad depth in terms of players like. Say 11 first team, a couple of backup and some hot prospects (wonderkids)? So that’s around 20 players thereabout? 

It depends in a way what you mean by "first team squad". It's kinda always a balancing act, but I've always been quite lucky / good with developing players, blending them in at the right time. It looks like the system has changed a bit with the new game, so we'll see. I think the reserve squad will be useful for that sort of "third string" developing kid as well, although I used to send guys on loan (and try to get the other team to pay the wages) a lot too. This was useful last year when you could recall players mid-season in case of an injury, which is not possible in real life...

So yeah I tend to have around 33 players - 22 of a good enough standard and 11 who hopefully will be. And yeah there tends to be one or two grumbling at any point, but I tend to use contract expiries as a natural point to decide whether to keep them or ditch them...

Edited by Mr Tree

2 players for each position + a few exceptional youngsters is plenty enough for the Premier League/Europe.

The conditioning seems fairly balanced so far. Fingers crossed there’s no catastrophic update this year.

Yeah I'm the same as @itzChris92 with regards to retraining player positions. I like keeping a relatively small squad (18-22 players) and retrain positions so they're all able to cover for each other, in case both first team and second team players get injured.

I have a squad of 22-25 players usually. They don’t all get equal game time though, I have my favourites lol. I don’t see the need to rotate a lot, mainly only in the FA Cup or League Cup or if the players energy circle is half empty 

11 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Geez this ain't rugby 😂 

I keep 18. Occasionally 20 if I'm undecided on a few of them. 

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

Geez this ain't rugby 😂 

Geez this ain’t basketball

18 is not enough for rotation

12 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

It depends in a way what you mean by "first team squad". It's kinda always a balancing act, but I've always been quite lucky / good with developing players, blending them in at the right time. It looks like the system has changed a bit with the new game, so we'll see. I think the reserve squad will be useful for that sort of "third string" developing kid as well, although I used to send guys on loan (and try to get the other team to pay the wages) a lot too. This was useful last year when you could recall players mid-season in case of an injury, which is not possible in real life...

So yeah I tend to have around 33 players - 22 of a good enough standard and 11 who hopefully will be. And yeah there tends to be one or two grumbling at any point, but I tend to use contract expiries as a natural point to decide whether to keep them or ditch them...

Thanks for the detailed response mate. Really informative, seeing how I just unlocked sugar daddy and going to be starting a new save with wonderkids and regens only at Oldham Athletic huhu pretty stoked now! 😆 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Geez this ain't rugby 😂 

Ouf, guess we gotta start a @BatiGoal hate club pretty soon seeing how his ruffing up feathers everywhere he goes 😂

24 minutes ago, lforlalaland said:

Ouf, guess we gotta start a @BatiGoal hate club pretty soon seeing how his ruffing up feathers everywhere he goes 😂

I’ll start both fan and hate club of Bati thread if needed 😂

I found with in my second season with Newcastle I was absolutely screwed in the second half of the season, especially as we were in the eruopa league. I think im going to need a bigger squad and try and put everyone on rotation contracts. Stamina is a bit stingy for me since that infamous winter update.

I always have no more than 19 players in the first team. Then it rotates the squad, and for the needs of a challenge I watch over my three attackers so that they have not less than 68% of condition

I prefer small, 19-player squads if I need more player I'll get them reserves, so I don't have anyone unhappy on the team.

It's more than enough for me. 

Screenshot_20191124-124055.jpg

Yeah to be fair, I meant to say that the 33-man beast is only when you can afford it and you're at the top, really. On the way up, you probably are looking at 18 or so, with maybe some young potential getting you up to 22/23...