Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges FMM Goes to the Movies: Enemy at the Gates

FMM Goes to the Movies: Enemy at the Gates

220px-Enemy_at_the_gates_ver2.jpg.64262aed204c5f61fb155599e870ff53.jpg

So we're moving away from any football links with this one. As far as war movies go, this one offers some good storytelling of one of the major conflicts of WW2. Stellar effects, several interesting sub-plots and a host of famous names make it worth a watch.

Enemy at the Gates tells the story of the Battle of Stalingrad (now known as Volgograd). The Russian resistance to the enemy's push for territory is the main theme with Jude Law portraying Ukrainian sniper Vasily Zaytzev and his reluctant elevation to propoganda hero.

The against-the-odds action and tension it brings leaves you on the edge of your seat until the very last moment.

The Challenge

The current state of Volgograd's football team is anything but solid. A once great team, struggling to survive, hoping for a leader to bring them back to greatness.
The first step in this resurgence is making the city a fortress, never breached by invaders.

1 season challenge.
Take control of Rotor Volgograd. Aim to score as many morale points as possible in battle for victory.

Find a Vasily (Ukrainian player) to help your cause.

+2 morale points for winning a match at home. This increases by 2 points for each match in a winning sequence e.g. match 1 = 2 points, match 2 = 4 points, match 3 = 6 points and so on. If the winning streak is broken, points start back at 2 (only home matches).

Bonus points = +5 points for every hit back at the enemy (away victory).
+5 points propaganda victory every time your Vasily is part of the Team of the Week.

All usual challenge rules apply.

Can you be the hero they need?

TPM

Full film index link

Wall of Fame

1. @Dagion 218 points

2. @Shector 101 points

Edited by Thepremiermanager
1 hour ago, CamelXCVII said:

Always loved Enemy at the Gates since playing the sniper mission on Call of Duty: World at War. Great idea

Cheers bud. Hopefully you have a go and enjoy the challenge. 

24 minutes ago, Shector said:

Unfortunately my least favourite challenge so far however it was completed nonetheless... 

94 points

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, any suggestions for improvements are more than welcome. 

I did test to ensure the idea worked and tried not to make it so every movie was scored in exactly the same way or they would be boring. 

Hopefully you enjoy The Godfather more.

I'll update the leaderboard shortly. Well done for finishing the challenge. 

7 minutes ago, Thepremiermanager said:

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, any suggestions for improvements are more than welcome. 

I did test to ensure the idea worked and tried not to make it so every movie was scored in exactly the same way or they would be boring. 

Hopefully you enjoy The Godfather more.

I'll update the leaderboard shortly. Well done for finishing the challenge. 

It could have been the small choice of leagues I selected, may have had a bigger choice of at least loan players had I selected more leagues. 

14 minutes ago, Shector said:

It could have been the small choice of leagues I selected, may have had a bigger choice of at least loan players had I selected more leagues. 

Maybe. I know some of the rules are limiting but was trying to stick to the theme of the movie as closely as possible. 

Is there a way to look back if my Vasily made team of the week? Think I missed one.. if I look back I can only see player/team of the month, not of the week.

Loving it by the way @Thepremiermanager! Lower league management with no work permits, right up my alley. 😁

2 hours ago, Dagion said:

Is there a way to look back if my Vasily made team of the week? Think I missed one.. if I look back I can only see player/team of the month, not of the week.

Loving it by the way @Thepremiermanager! Lower league management with no work permits, right up my alley. 😁

As far as I can tell you can only see the most recent team of the week (go to divisional awards and change to team of the week). 

Not sure you can go back any further than that though and don't think it shows up on the achievements screen on the player. 

Glad you're enjoying the challenge. Just played a quick bit with them and I'm 5 for 5 in the league and cruising. 

Edited by Thepremiermanager