Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Is anyone playing the Welsh League on FM2020?

sammummery

Yes! Excited to manage my local club, Flint Town! Signed a star Striker on a free for £300 p/w and blew my wage budget, oops! I’ve not done any lower league management for a very long time.......

On 07/12/2019 at 15:03, Nucleus said:

Yep. Playing in Cymru north at the moment. What a shit league it is too, great stuff

Bangor City are a good laugh on FM2020

added 0 minutes later
On 08/12/2019 at 22:27, TedB86 said:

Regarding players, I can recommend this guy on a free. Just been called up to the Holland U21s 😂

500FA746-32CE-4E4E-9848-FC26D6BA2497.thumb.png.03a26bf54dc562cc830a2c1de1b66807.png

What leagues did you run to get this guy in the free transfer list? He does not come up on the Welsh League game on its own.

On 08/12/2019 at 22:25, TedB86 said:

Yes! Excited to manage my local club, Flint Town! Signed a star Striker on a free for £300 p/w and blew my wage budget, oops! I’ve not done any lower league management for a very long time.......

Is that striker Jamie Thomas by any chance?

52 minutes ago, sammummery said:

What leagues did you run to get this guy in the free transfer list? He does not come up on the Welsh League game on its own.

I’ve signed him on my save too. I’ve got England,Scotland, Germany & Wales, all divisions loaded

1 hour ago, sammummery said:

Bangor City are a good laugh on FM2020

added 0 minutes later

I have Wales / England / Spain running

2 hours ago, sammummery said:

Is that striker Jamie Thomas by any chance?

No, it’s Fernando Nino, though he’s not quite lived up to my initial high hopes!

F383D405-DBAF-4C5A-B7BD-CA12E3D8EBE2.thumb.png.de7c90c5f1f9b87c6d5678d673030e6d.png

... Although I’ve gone out and signed Jamie after selling some Veterans...... he’s a bit good!

599546D0-3470-4143-90EB-E2C52E88C7EF.thumb.png.295a258facc1cf9ff513140eb44d64c9.png

Edited by TedB86
Signing

Thanks for the replies everyone, I only play a Welsh League game on its own. I like a minor league as well, its good fun. So pleased they added the Cymru North and South. Corwen have a £500 a week wage budget! 

Ammanford are a fun side to manage with Andy Robinson and Lee Trundle!

I can recommend:

Sameron Dool (SC) quality, has ended up playing for England for me before

Noah Daley (SC) amazing young player for the league

Most of the Bangor City wingers 

Alex Evans (A centre back)

Tom Dyson (Midfielder)

There is also a Japanese international midfielder who has been put in error at a 5th tier Welsh Club you can pick up for peanuts, has anyone else seen him?

Edited by sammummery
Adding text

By the way In posted this on the SI forum but thought I would repost here, can anyone else concur with this playing the Welsh Leagues, It has only happened this year. I'm talking about players like Sam Pashen, Lucas Gallagher, an Undy striker who I forget his name, Luke Purcell, has anyone else noticed this?

One last thing, have you played the FMM2020 game? (I appreciate you may just work on the full PC version)

The reason I ask is that the Welsh League has some really crazy player abilities in it which in no way are reflective of real life. I like random players being good/hidden gems and young talent growing, its been a feature since the series started in the 90's but on the FMM version there are some players in their late 30's who play at Cymru South/North clubs who are some of the best players in the whole Welsh structure. This is not a complaint or an observation about me thinking a player/players are underrated or overrated, its about 12-15 totally random 39 year old reserve goalkeepers or 36 year old Tier 3 players being amazing and they have no pedigree or history or standing in real life, they actually are better straight away than Danny Redmond, Alec Mudimu, Greg Draper, Henry Jones etc...  For example when you do the scouting list of the 50 top players in the league these guys smash most other players out the park (The really boosted players I mean)

I realise you find gems or good players out of nowhere but I have never seen it like this in previous versions where say the 3rd reserve goalie at Ammanford is by far and away the best player in the squad. Players that normally have great ability from the off or amazing potential in say the Welsh League are established players who are well respected, players who have a history in other leagues (Say a veteran midfielder like Leon Britton) or a young ex Swansea youngster  or a Bangor City import from abroad who is ex Roma youth not totally random players who are fantastic with great stats from the start who seem to be mainly mid to late 30's at and never played at any level or been notable at the clubs that are at . I am not saying its a bug but i have never seen anything like it before in the series.

Can i reply with a list of the players who stand out? Sorry if this post is a bit confusing!

Its annoying that there is only one available Scout in the staff search at the start of the game, the other frustrating thing is the game starting on the 22nd of July as opposed to the 1st of July like it normally does, if you have a team in Europe they have already played games by the time the game starts + you have very little time to prepare your squad.

On 10/12/2019 at 15:48, sammummery said:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I only play a Welsh League game on its own. I like a minor league as well, its good fun. So pleased they added the Cymru North and South. Corwen have a £500 a week wage budget! 

Ammanford are a fun side to manage with Andy Robinson and Lee Trundle!

I can recommend:

Sameron Dool (SC) quality, has ended up playing for England for me before

Noah Daley (SC) amazing young player for the league

Most of the Bangor City wingers 

Alex Evans (A centre back)

Tom Dyson (Midfielder)

There is also a Japanese international midfielder who has been put in error at a 5th tier Welsh Club you can pick up for peanuts, has anyone else seen him?

Hi Sam, sent you a few players on the SI site, found that Japanese player btw..........

FM20 Mobile_2019-12-13-18-42-30.jpg

22 hours ago, sammummery said:

Have you got any players apart from Jamie Thomas playing from your first season?

Yes, a young left back called Sion Rogers, and a few players who I signed. I’m finding it difficult to improve the side due to people not wanting to come plus the limited wage budget. Hopefully that sweet Europa League cash will improve things next season......

Fair play, how do you get Flint Town to the Champs league, i struggle to get through the qualifiers most of the time (Well in the first few seasons)!

Noah Daley is superb on my games, he is 17 years old at the start and can be picked up on a free, he needs games though to excel.

Is Trundle still going on your game!

On 13/12/2019 at 18:44, CheaperLager said:

Hi Sam, sent you a few players on the SI site, found that Japanese player btw..........

FM20 Mobile_2019-12-13-18-42-30.jpg

S.I said they are moving him to St.Josephs in the Malta league on the next transfer update (Where he should be) he probably maybe with the exception of Danny Redmond has the highest ability of any player in the Welsh Leagues at the start of the game!

I love it and its a quick league to get into and play as its fairly limited, (I don't ever get much time to play)

I would be keen to hear any player tips/stories about the Welsh League.

On 17/12/2019 at 10:10, sammummery said:

Fair play, how do you get Flint Town to the Champs league, i struggle to get through the qualifiers most of the time (Well in the first few seasons)!

I’m using a modified version of this tactic which is working well (full backs and 1 of the INFs as a winger, balanced width). Switch the AP to a CM against better teams)

did ok in the end! Knocked out first round in the Europa though

09A820C6-EC92-43E6-BAEF-E2BC28CE1B3C.thumb.png.27007e53eb9dbc51d89aaf9bb589e2c4.png

Despite my “success” (just won the domestic treble too), it remains a slog to make much progress - I’m still only offered League Two jobs and very few players are willing to sign, so improving the squad is slow. Got an 8000 capacity ground now, and improving facilities

6 hours ago, sammummery said:

Cheers for all the above, its useful:

Have you had any players unhappy wanting to move to bigger clubs?

Jamie Thomas and a young CB I signed so it’s been pretty manageable. That said I’ve made a rookie error and had a few low-ish release clauses in contracts which larger clubs have taken advantage of 😕

18 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I’m just steamrollering my way through the second division 😂 

B255AAFC-DAEB-4BF1-8137-2CF1D9070286.thumb.png.d075068a148cdde339368c80367f6c47.png

Jesus thats impressive with any team especially Porthmadog! Who are your star players?

2 hours ago, sammummery said:

Jesus thats impressive with any team especially Porthmadog! Who are your star players?

I sold the entire squad and built up a free agents team. I’m operating over my wage budget slightly but I made some decent money from the players I sold. 

On 20/12/2019 at 17:57, Nucleus said:

I sold the entire squad and built up a free agents team. I’m operating over my wage budget slightly but I made some decent money from the players I sold. 

I usually sell my entire squad as well, bar one or two, do you put them on the transfer list for what they are worth? Say £500 and when three bids come in ask for £1000? On last years game there was a kind of glitch where you could ask put a player on the transfer list for say £50,000 or £100,000 when they where only worth £500 and then offer to clubs and about 95% of the time another welsh club would pay the vastly inflated price, if you sold your squad and also signed and sold the free transfers you could make about 5 million in pre season!