Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Is anyone playing the Welsh League on FM2020?

sammummery

I have an ongoing issue when playing Welsh League games (I'm sure that it happens with other leagues as well) and its as soon as I qualify for Europe my overall season preformance goes to pot by this I mean for example:

I play as Airbus and sign great players and win the league by a mile scoring say 120 goals in the process, I then get into the group stages of the Champions League (And get thrashed each game) when that happens I do understand there are more games and players get tired but the amount of goals I score with the same team (Even rotating) drops almost by half and the strikers miss so many more chances. I have noticed this over the last few FMM18/19/20 games, and is frustrating that your players stats are getting better and you are signing better and better players but the average rating goes down and goals scored.

I am a few seasons in and have a Zlatan Regen and he is running at full stats now and he is scoring less goals than my Welsh domestic league striker (Jamie Thomas) did in the first few seasons! It seems to be the case when I fill the team with much better international players full stop, none of them get as high average ratings or score as much as the local based players I sign in my first season.

Any idea why this could be the case?

Also when your team starts winning things what do people do about all the players that want to leave?  I have had it when loads of the squad are unhappy and want out, it takes the game from being enjoyable to a bit of a slog and it makes success almost counterproductive.

I get it that when players establish themselves they will want to leave if bigger clubs come in but it makes it almost impossible to build a decent club up but sometimes its too much when seasons are so poor and lethargic as no one wants to play for the club.