Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 24 Hours with the EME

billy2shots

I'm hoping to use this thread to diary the next 24 hours and hopefully by the end of it i will have been brought kicking and screaming into the present.

I won't bore people with my back story and love for the CM franchise since it's inception but as a quick recap for those that remember or are bothered, I found FMM (FMH) in its 2015 form and fell in love all over again. I dedicated uncountable hours to that and the 16 version. 

Unfortunately 2017,18 and 19 were my downfall. I fell out of love with playing the game and instead just tried to break it with an OME busting tactic. Those 3 versions of the game saw me play the same first 10 games of a specific club thousands of times. Scoring at 3.5 goals a game and conceding 0.1 was never good enough, I always wanted more. For 3 seasons I never got past season 1 or signed a player. I have no idea how coaches work as that part of the game wasn't for me.

Roll on 2020 and I have found myself doing the same. I need to snap out of this and what better way than finally committing to the EME, I hear it's where all the cool kids hang out these days.
I'm not going to lie, this first 24 hours will be spent largely on trying to figure out a reliable tactic but when the clock strikes 12pm tomorrow that will be it for testing and hopefully the fun will return.

Join me and enjoy watching a grown man struggle or laugh at my failings as i make the leap into the present.

Work is quiet so a sneaky couple of hours of FMM will start now!

1 hour down

Played my first 6 games on the EME this year (previous experience limited to about 2 hours).

Wow, players can play and play. It's great to use a B2B midfielder without having to sub him off after 60 minutes like on the OME. 
Creating plenty of 'clear cut chances' and shots on target but nothing magical so far.

The EME does seem a bit quicker than the last time I tried it.

Played 6

Scored 11

Conceded 2

Hey buddy.

It's already been mentioned somewhere on here already, but in this years game the way forward seems to be more balanced tactics. In 18 and 19 I played with an attacking 3232 formation and smashed the granny out of teams. Last year especially I used a 3133 ultra attacking tactic and just steam rolled teams. This year what mainly seems to be working are 4321,4231, or 433 variations of your mega tactic.

That's not to say other tactics aren't great but the crazy tactics of previous years don't seem to be effective now.

Anyway I am following with interest mate. 

Cheers for the heads up DT.

A couple of hours in and I'm basing things around a flat 433. Just trying to get the right player combos. 

I'm about 5 save reloads in now and can't get enough goals. Defense seems straight forward.

Time to get the kids from school in a minute so another 30 minutes of testing in the car whilst waiting.

Cheers guys. It is errr very different. 

Kids home now so im back on the tablet. Mother in-law is staying with us a few days and is waffling on. I’m trying to nod in the right places whilst digesting player stats. 

Edited by billy2shots

I’ve now had chance to simulate the same 6 matches using the same tactic over again but changing the striker roll. TM seems to be head a shoulders (excuse the pub) above the rest for individual performance and team regardless of no crosses or long balls being played. 

A lot of careers I read last year involved strikers with good heading skills so could be a familiar pattern?

34 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

heading skills so could be a familiar pattern?

Because it's bugged in the game so everyone and their mother abused it. 

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Oh ok , fair enough. That’s very unlike SI to produce a game With bugs in....

Dinner smashed, Mrs and the MIL out so I’m in charge of the kids. 2 assistant managers sat either side of me now. 

Edited by billy2shots
50 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

I’ve now had chance to simulate the same 6 matches using the same tactic over again but changing the striker roll. TM seems to be head a shoulders (excuse the pub) above the rest for individual performance and team regardless of no crosses or long balls being played. 

A lot of careers I read last year involved strikers with good heading skills so could be a familiar pattern?

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I didn't know this. If I did I would have abused it as well. Time to change to strikers role from P to TM 👏🏽

46 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Oh ok , fair enough. That’s very unlike SI to produce a game With bugs in....

Dinner smashed, Mrs and the MIL out so I’m in charge of the kids. 2 assistant managers sat either side of me now. 

44 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I didn't know this. If I did I would have abused it as well. Time to change to strikers role from P to TM 👏🏽

I was referring to the aerial focus and TM role focus bug which sky rockets the stat, which makes TMs stupidly good. 

32 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I was referring to the aerial focus and TM role focus bug which sky rockets the stat, which makes TMs stupidly good. 

Oh I see. Yes I was definitely an abuser of that last year. 

Right, the kids are in bed. 

Apart from a 10minute drive to school then home and 15 minutes for dinner, I’ve pretty much smashed in 8 hours of FMM20. 

I’ve  got a formation that I want to play with going pretty well, I just need to decide whether I am going to attempt the 1k, Triple Threat, Double Trouble or all 3 at once. The roles I need to tweak tomorrow very much depend on the challenge I go for. 

60% there I recon. 

Time to watch a Man City get VARd now. 

Good night. 

Welcome "back" for good and into the world of EME!

I hope your mother in law will accept your short answers from time to time and will let you play this fantastic game ALOT :D!

Best regards Anders

6 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Cheers guys. It is errr very different. 

Kids home now so im back on the tablet. Mother in-law is staying with us a few days and is waffling on. I’m trying to nod in the right places whilst digesting player stats. 

I found this hilarious as my mother-in-law was round just today doing exactly the same and guess what?  Yup, I was doing exactly the same as you 😂

.....and we are back. 

Tidied up a bit of work for a couple of hours and have now locked myself in my office. 

2 hours until I need to be at a meeting, not sure how my fellow directors will feel about me playing FMH on the side. 

So that’s it, time to cram in as much as possible until then. 

31 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

playing FMH on the side. 

You're either stuck in the old times or recently released from prison. 😂 

Last game being played before I have to run. 

That will conclude my 24h with the EME. 

11.5 hours of play out of 24 isn't too bad considering I was also working and on dad duties. 

Summary to follow. Thanks for reading chaps. 

The commitment to this is astonishing!  😲

At the office I do get a few games in per day, mostly on skype meetings where I am not overly involved. Business travel coming up in Dec though, so should be able to do a lot then. During dad-duties I barely get anything done, 3 young kids....

57 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Last game being played before I have to run. 

That will conclude my 24h with the EME. 

11.5 hours of play out of 24 isn't too bad considering I was also working and on dad duties. 

Summary to follow. Thanks for reading chaps. 

🤯That’s more than me while on school holiday

Wait what’s that? A loophole in the rules you say. 

24h with the EME doesn’t technically have to mean a constant 24h period. 

And we are back!  11.5h down, 12.5h of playing time remaining. 

Meeting finished and FMM loaded up ready to go!

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Wait what’s that? A loophole in the rules you say. 

24h with the EME doesn’t technically have to mean a constant 24h period. 

And we are back!  11.5h down, 12.5h of playing time remaining. 

Meeting finished and FMM loaded up ready to go!

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

That’s a sneaky 5 hours played. 

I’m about as far away from making a successful tactic and beginning a career as I was 24h ago lol. 

16.5hours down and I’m not sure what I have learned.....