Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 24 Hours with the EME

billy2shots

4 hours ago, billy2shots said:

That’s a sneaky 5 hours played. 

I’m about as far away from making a successful tactic and beginning a career as I was 24h ago lol. 

16.5hours down and I’m not sure what I have learned.....

Perhaps you've finally come to realize you're a shit player 😂 

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Perhaps you've finally come to realize you're a shit player 😂 

Mate, I realised that a long time ago. 

I just used to ride to coattails of a few of you gifted players. I copied tactics, used all the wonder kids and saved reload until I got decent results. 

Edited by billy2shots

Day 3

Day 2 saw 5 hours of game time which makes a total of 21.5. 

I have save reloaded and played the same 6-10 games hundreds of times and believe it all not that has seen zero changes in formation. One tweak at a time was tested with player roles and then team instructions. 

I’m quite rigid in my formation for sentimental reasons and accept lower overalls performance because of it. 

So, the EME is much more forgiving on player conditioning. Not only can a B2B play the full 90 unlike the OME but they can do it for around 8 games in a row (direct comparison with my test OME test save using the same team, fixtures and players). 

The fitness nail is driven home by the fact my central striker has the dreaded red ‘slightly tired’ after 5 games on the OME this year but no such problem on EME. 

I started off trying to create a tactic that would create the most clear cut chances whilst minimising the opposition in that stat. Averaging 4.5 a game for me didn’t result in any more goals than creating less. I had 9 ccc in one game and scored 2. This was with an elite striker against a poor GK. Plenty of games I won 1-0 after having 5-6 ccc. The opposition didn’t need clear cut chances either, I drew plenty having conceded 0 CCCs yet kept lots of clean sheets where 2 or 3 chances were conceded. 

In summary I can only judge performance effectiveness on goals for and against and I pretty much ignored all other stats. 

I also noticed the EME is ruthless when it comes to player rating. A central Poacher can achieve 8 or 9 on the OME even when not scoring. The EME gives me 5 and 6s. 

The selection of set price takers is also interesting. I don’t bother setting this so the game chooses my centre back for corners and my aggressive tacking midfielder is on pens lol  

Results? Well I’m not quite finished and my tests are with Zero subs used, zero player interaction (praise etc), zero contract offers or buy/sells so I’m sure I can improve things a little. However I can reliably score at 2.8 goals a game whilst conceding 0.3 over multiple tests in the short term. Caveat is I only played 20 games max. From experience (one)?the goals for and against do even out over that period so can be relied upon as a realistic total. My ‘main’ striker is sub par with only 1.5 goals a game being scored (big team, elite striker)

i will finish this today and post up some pics if I remember how. 

Time to put this to bed. 

So I may have gone over my self stipulated time limit by a few hours.....

Sorry for the image quality, my tablet isn’t working with imgur anymore so photos  were taken of screenshots. 

This experiment was to get me hooked on the EME and to do that I had to realistically like creating tactics on it and a successful one at that. For 4 days I hammered it, the tablet came everywhere with me and I played at every opportunity 

4lKaKJL.jpg

Stupidly i I made the mistake of trying to create a tactic that made lots of clear cut chances whilst limiting the opposition to minimal efforts. Crazy I know, we all know by now that’s not how SI rolls. 

H5hfwpB.jpg

kj3YQa0.jpg

For years we were told that those huge number of chances on the OME that failed to find the back of the net ‘weren’t really chances’ and the EME’s clear cut chances were more realistic. I’m calling balls4it on this as well. So clear cut chances mean little so how is one supposed to create a tactic? Simple, from that point I just went on match results and tried to block out the shot statistics. Easier said than done when the AI can use black magic and score from zero shots on target.

Must not look billy. It’s not real!

aQ2Epzd.jpg

DVBoYVr.jpg

So trying to ignore the statistics I kept repeating SI’s promise ‘the game doesn’t know who the human player is’ this must be just bad luck. I will get results like this sometime. Yeah right, I get that sh1t regularly. 

Once I learned to accept my fate from time to time, I could concentrate on that other major EME positive. Realistic formations with the AI using players correctly. Let’s see how this goes.....

MY9WX1L.jpg

Lookman absolutely leathal and tearing me a new one.

No surprise because look at his pace, obviously killing me on the counter  

PGjhjY2.jpg

Oh wait.....

apVk3qC.jpg

of course 8 Aerial and 9 Strength, he’s a target man FLOL

Get the feck out right now. 

Summary. 

The EME has not won me over in the slightest. All those negative OME traits that were supposed to be correctly reflected on the EME with SI and some fans gushing about realism are nonsense in my humble opinion. 

Better? No. Just different. 

I will continue with the EME, again not because it’s better but the difference makes it feel almost like a new game so that has to be a plus, possibly the only plus I have found. 

As for success for creating my own tactic.  I religiously stuck with my favourite formation but couldn’t ring enough out of it to complete all the goal based challenges here.

I did need to step away from my pre planned choice but I’m pleased to say I kept my traditional 3 man forward line which includes two wide strikers. No offence to anyone but I really wanted to stay clear of the INFs in the attacking mid position as they seem to be very OP. They also steal the majority of goals away from your main striker. Not ideal for 1ks  

No doubt about it, I would have more success if I gave up on my long-standing 3 spaced forwards and this is by no means a great tactic but I’m happy with the results  

jNrDZOw.jpg

what about the front 3

psHdlDr.jpg

EQqG0Ux.jpgiMlTFBG.jpg

It will do I suppose.

Time to start a long term career thread to keep the motivation going. 

Edited by billy2shots

I much prefer the EME over the OME, but yeah, don't go expecting it to be realistic! 😄

Personally I couldn't spend that long just testing - I develop my tactics on the fly during careers (well actually I've developed the one tactic over many careers and several versions) - so I think you really need to jump into it! Looking forward to whatever long term career you come up with.

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

of course 8 Aerial and 9 Strength, he’s a target man FLOL

Get the feck out right now. 

😂 😂 

3 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Time to start a long term career thread to keep the motivation going. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with. 

I had a nice chuckle reading that, it felt like something I'd have wrote lol. 

My love of the FMM as a whole died with the EME, I still enjoy it but any time I look deep into anything (which is where I've historically found my love of the series) I've just found issue after issue. The lies annoy me, the smoke and mirrors infuriate me and I just stopped having fun. 

I've not played the OME in years out of fear I won't be able to return to the EME but I'd take "luck" and RNG as a stat over SI BS. If I miss a chance I'm happy to think that coin flip didn't go my way, but the EME is just designed to frustrate and we have hardly any actual information on it. 

The main reason I've not bought 2020 yet? The simple answer is the detailed stats are exactly what I wanted, yet even from glancing at screenshots I've raised a few eyebrows. Having them in my hands I know I'd look into it, even if I know it's 100% a bad idea but I wouldn't be able to help myself. The EME is just full of issues and they never improve, they just get hidden better or replaced with new ones. Then it's not like we have tactical options to make use of the stats either, the EME is just SI's playbook, they're the manager and deciding factor we're just the puppet pressing play. 

I know the OME is alot simpler but back in the day engine issues got fixed, the speed difference is also massive though as I've always found the EME a slog.