Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Augusta Challenge: Ian Vs Foxy - 18th Hole Results

FuddledFox

title.png.a34c8a56d25241d841cb51a8abb48af1.png

It was hot.

Not too hot for the locals as it was only April and 25c but it was hot for the two English men that they had come to watch or at least they looked hot or maybe it was the pressure of what was to come that was making them sweat.

Many say that April is the perfect time to visit the southern American state of Georgia and especially the City of Augusta. It’s not so hot and humid as it will be in the height of summer and the cold nights of the short winter are a thing of the past. Not to mention the flowers of spring are in bloom far earlier than in the north.

None of this is of any interest to those two English men though as they had there focus on one thing and one thing only...

The sweet taste of victory.

2EFCD657-533A-4B8A-8DCD-AA2FA24F29F9.thumb.jpeg.42e467874bba775601e4cd5d01dcb4cd.jpeg

These two colossus of the game looked across at each other trying to size up there opponent in the upcoming battle for golfing and FMM supremacy.

The first who goes by the name of @Ian is a huge man towering in at 6ft6in and with a beard thicker than the Azalea bushes that line the fairways and greens of Augusta. He has arms as thick as tree trunks and huge calloused hands of a man who has spent his life at sea fighting the monsters of the depths and eyes as blue as the ocean perfect for seducing the fair maidens of some tropical paradise.

The second man who those watching only knew went by the name Fuddled Fox - although they had taken to calling him @Foxy for short - cut a very different figure. Just shy of 6ft and wearing a pair of dungarees and a John Deere baseball cap he looked the stereotypical country bumpkin. That impression was enhanced even further when he spoke, “Ow bist our Ian? Looks a right proper job this here golf course dunnit.” Some of the crowd though murmured to each other that the whole bumpkin routine was an act and that this man was not someone who was to be underestimated.

On the side of Ian’s golf bag was the badge of Liverpool FC whilst Foxy had a Man City badge on his and this lead to speculation that they were the pairs clubs of choice for this round.

Suddenly the announcer raised his voice.

0866B2D9-ED84-4919-9EA2-D310C7C84AF0.png.206ad29b4b2982456dc0cf38d5a42f0f.png

Ladies and gentlemen!

We have two gladiators facing up and it would be worth you refreshing your memory as to the setup of the course. The course designer @samhardy has as every year made some tweaks to the design so it is well worth referring to the course guide.

Both these golfers will be looking to set the lowest score of the year around the Augusta course for the challenge leaderboard but they will also be going H2H under Matchplay rules. That is to say each hole will be won or lost based on there score on that hole and should there scores match the hole will be halved between them. As an example if Ian and Foxy both par the first hole they will still be tied but should Ian birdie the hole and Foxy only par then Ian would go one up. The most holes won after all 18 have been completed will be declared the winner.

It will be Ian to tee off first.......

We really want you to get involved in this so who do you think will win?

Nice introduction 😂

There’s a few of the holes that look a little tricky but I’ll give it my best and hopefully put in a decent round.

I best get my Big Bertha out now and make a start. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Neither @Ian nor @Foxy are any good at finding holes, this is going to be a very painful watch, I can tell you that much. 

The end of this career would be

1) Bati

2) Ian/Foxy teamed up against Bati

2 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

The end of this career would be

1) Bati

2) Ian/Foxy teamed up against Bati

Let me be nice and cherish the few friends I have left here 😂 

So it's a pick between the cripple in the blue corner and the blind in the red. Tough call indeed. Hmm.. my heart says Foxdog yet my brain Bulldog. A dog either way. Both English which significantly drops the 'likes' in equal measures, so that's not helping either. @Foxy is our graphics guy and a very skilled one at that. Word is he can make @samhardy look humanly and likeable with just a couple of button click and screen swipes. Also, top quality articles this Foxman has written over the years, which has helped many a Viber. Always ready to comment and offer advice to others. Yes, this FMM addict is something else and it's clear he deserves the support of a loyal friend. I'm team @Ian 👍 

Edited by BatiGoal

So it looks like I’m being written off and rejected in this H2H. I get that you all want to support the cute Pug over the Fox, probably at some point a fox has knocked over your bins leaving you to clear up the mess but you only have yourself to plan for leaving something tasty inside.

Luckily I feed off of this rejection.

We are hunted and persecuted for sport and you know what it takes dozens of pricks on horses, a pack of hounds and dirty tricks to try and catch us yet still they fail the majority of the time. Then what happens?

Then we get into there chicken coops and we kill every last one 🐓 🦊 🍗 

18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

What if I beat your nearly two year old course record will you still be Team Foxy then?

Wouldn’t give a shit tbh 😂

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

So it looks like I’m being written off and rejected in this H2H. I get that you all want to support the cute Pug over the Fox, probably at some point a fox has knocked over your bins leaving you to clear up the mess but you only have yourself to plan for leaving something tasty inside.

Luckily I feed off of this rejection.

We are hunted and persecuted for sport and you know what it takes dozens of pricks on horses, a pack of hounds and dirty tricks to try and catch us yet still they fail the majority of the time. Then what happens?

Then we get into there chicken coops and we kill every last one 🐓 🦊 🍗 

Luckily I’m team @BatiGoal

It seems there’s a fair bit of support for both of us and whilst I think my opponent has done a fabulous job of creating the header graphic I can’t help but feel he’s purposely put the Fox roaring into my face to try and intimidate me. It hasn’t worked!

1 hour ago, Ian said:

can’t help but feel he’s purposely put the Fox roaring into my face to try and intimidate me. It hasn’t worked!

You say it hasn’t worked but I can see the nervousness in your eyes on that graphic.

For an event of this size it is only right that the bookies have gained an interest and will be providing odds throughout the H2H.

After the massive fall from grace from FoxBet I am pleased to announce this year's sponsors will be BCB.

Black Cat betting.png

Despite not having the majority of support it's Foxy who has been installed as the favourite for the H2H. It is essentially 18 mini challenges and having won the Challenge Cup title and reaching a VPL final it's Foxy who is more experienced over this format. However as anyone who has been here a while will know Ian is quite capable of claiming victory here and despite being made a slight underdog by BCB nobody would be surprised to see him claim victory.

Overall Win

@Foxy 4/6

@Ian 6/5

However as far as hole one goes it's the Northumbrian powerhouse that will be a very narrow favourite to get off to the perfect start due to his incredible knack of conceding hardly any goals, excelling in the park the bus challenge and maintaining a more than solid defence with Napoli. Foxy boasts a mean defence as well and with the first challenge being all about keeping those goals out it's all set to be a tight and tense start to the round.

Hole 1 Result (Tea Olive)

@Ian 12/5

Hole Halved 10/11

@Foxy 3/1

Let us know below who you fancy to be 1 up after the first hole, if anyone. Obviously the half is favourite taking the challenge into account but can one of the competitors nick it?

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Of fucking course it will be and various "specials" throughout as well.

Could I get odds on the following markets.

• Myself not to lose a hole all round.
  • @Ian not to lose a hole all round.
  • The course record to be broken.
46 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m Team @Woody

Surely we are all team Woody!

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Could I get odds on the following markets.

• Myself not to lose a hole all round.
  • @Ian not to lose a hole all round.
  • The course record to be broken.

Surely we are all team Woody!

Yay i have fans 😆