Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Football

rafa

I thought it would be nice to open a "World Football" thread, to discuss events that happen outside Europe - or that are bigger than European Football itself.

I'll start with Santos winning the São Paulo State Championship last weekend:

2 goals from Neymar. As usual :D

Actually, Santos 3rd goal was really nice :)

It's weird how I don't know much about HK footballlaugh.gif But I do follow Pegasus, Kitchee and South China.

So you follow all "big" clubs :D

I follow the only professional club in Brunei, Dpmm FC. They are owned by the Crown prince of Brunei. They're playing in the Singapore League or known as the S-League, We're 12 games in the season and we are 1st place, only losing once. We're doing great!

That's because it's usually Pegasus and Kitchee in the news :P South China aren't as good as them now, though at some point a few years ago they had Kezman and Nicky Butt

I have a soft spot for Santos and Flamengo. I've liked Santos since I knew that Brazil had football teams :lol:

I only like Flamengo cos of Ronaldinho :P

I was looking for a team which rivalled Figueirense. Are Flamengo rivals?

No, Avaí are Figueirense rivals :)

That's because it's usually Pegasus and Kitchee in the news :P South China aren't as good as them now, though at some point a few years ago they had Kezman and Nicky Butt

Was only last Christmas so not too long ago. I think Butt retired in January but Kezman is still there. Not checked it out much recently because I often use to look at the Hong Kong league. Didn't South China get relegated a few years back but then they worked out a way to stay in the league.

I don't know much about HK football at all :P I thought Kezman left for BATE then he came back to South China for some kind of friendly match.

Yeah he went to Bate and then went back to SC but didn't play and has retired now. He's only 33, if I were him I'd go to some lower league club in England/Spain/Germany or go to USA/Australia.

Scotland,Wales and the Republic of Ireland put in an application(3 way host)to host Euro 2020 along with Turkeys bid for it :) hope Ireland Wales and the scots get it but Platini said he would back Turkey unless Istanbuls bid for the Olympics is rejected.

This is pretty funny. The player tries to do stepovers like Ronaldo but it goes wrong and it doesn't fool the defenders. He then tries to knock it off the shins of the defenders for a corner but instead kicks it straight off for a goal kick. Here it is.

Zhu Jun the owner of Shanghai Shenhua partnered Nicky Anelka upfront the other day :lol:

Link

Although presumably, playing with Junb is a mark up from Fernando Torres…

That writer took no prisoners haha.

Isn't Anelka pining for a move back to the PL though?