Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Football

rafa

Pepe Guardiola has reportedly said he'd end his sabbatical 'tomorrow' to take over as manager of the Brazil national side.

The former Barcelona boss is currently enjoying a year away from the game and had been strongly tipped over at Chelsea when he returns.

However, respected Brazilian football site Lance! claims that Guardiola has his heart set on becoming an international manager.

Corinthians are the first club to have a 100% record to make it to the final of the Club World Cup (Of Multiple entrants). Last time they were there was in 2000 when they won it.

The 2000 edition was promising, it was in Brazil and had 8 clubs - 2 groups of 4.

Corinthians and Real Madrid were in one group, Vasco and Man Utd in another.

The final was all-Brazilian, and Coronthians won on penalties.

Ok, I know this will possibly contradict what I said the other day about Messi beating Mullers record goals in a calendar year. But I have heard a lot of people complaining that Messi doesn't deserve it because:

- He scored a lot more penalties.

Is it his fault that more penalties were given away for him to score? If he is given the opportunity to take and score one I think he would

- That he played more games than Muller

Well he does play essentially a whole season in a year end of one beginning of another. Plus the cups, and potential international games.

- All his goals for Argentina were in friendlies

Ok this one I can understand, but I believe they counted Mullers international friendly goals

- Muller won more cups than Messi in his record breaking year.

How does that mean that Messi cannot score more goals?

Ok, rant over. What do you guys think about it?

I really should stop procrastinating and get on with my 2 essays due tomorrow <_<

anyone can score from 12 yards and if messi has had loads of penalties and not won then he has really been given a free goal, were as Muller didn't get as many free goals so does messi deserve it well yes he has scored more goals but surely the type of goals he has scored should be a factor in this decision

Penalties aren't free goals though, otherwise they wouldn't use penalties as a way to settle a tie because presumably, according to what you're saying, people don't miss penalties.