Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Goes Crazy: 2KC✔️ + 1KC❌ + Assists 1KC✔️ [Done]

Scratch

I've finally lost it... 

I was working along with a nice little career, when I packed it in and started my most ambitious career yet. It's going to include:

• A 2KC from the main striker
  • A 1KC from the back up striker (they won't be playing together)
  • A 1KC for assists from a third player

The club is going to be Celtic - of course! Most of my 1KCs are there, because it's the ideal combination of a large club in a weak league.

I've picked the players, but won't announce them just yet. They are all on the Wonderkids list, which is really a necessity when attempting something this stupid. 

And I'll primarily be using my defensive tactic from 2019. Early signs are that it will be just as effective - it's not quite delivering the same results yet, but I think that's just because I haven't used it with levelled up players (ie it's consistent with early stage careers in FMM19).

So... Am I crazy? Probably!

I feel confident about the 2KC because the game engine seems so similar to FMM19. I was on track to achieve that with the Tim Cahill regen before FMM20 came out and I packed it in. Cahill 2.0 probably wasn't as strong as the striker I'm using this time, so 🤞 it will go the same way in FMM20. 

The 1KC for assists is the same. I was only two seasons away from wrapping that up in FMM19 with Arzani (with plenty of seasons left in him) and hopefully the match engine will allow my tactic to deliver that again.

But the extra 1KC? That's the potential deal breaker here. How on earth would that even be possible? The hope is that he will score a goal off the bench every game or two, plus sub in for the main striker when he needs a break to stay fresh etc or is injured etc.

Sounds a bit unrealistic I know - so here are the numbers

The tactic allows about 66% of goals to go to the striker.

If we are getting about 120 in the league and another 60 or so across the cups and say 20 in ITN fixtures (though the strikers are different nationalities), we'll be getting about 200 per year. So about 130 will go to the strikers. If we go for 20 years that will give us 2,600 which will be... um... Wait a minute...

Damn, it is unrealistic... Still, I've said I'm going to do it now, so I have no choice but to push on and go down in a glorious ball of fire... 

Why did I decide to do this?

I had 3 strikers I really wanted to use in FMM20 - all players who are going to be great, but whom I hadn't heard of before (I like to try fresh strikers). 

I picked one of them for this challenge and signed him, before realising that I probably can't manage him internationally because I didn't load the right leagues at the start. 

So I kept him, but went and signed one of the other strikers to take his place. Then I started thinking the first striker is still going to score a bucket load of goals and maybe he'd be able to grab a sneaky 1KC in the background. Once I had that thought, I couldn't let it go, so here we are...

Who are the players?

You tell me! Their nationalities (in no particular order) are Italian, Dutch and Malian. One of those at least should be pretty obvious! 😄

Will this be another abandoned Scratch career?

Perhaps. I'm not afraid to throw away a career if it's not working, as many of you will no doubt be aware of. However, I think this one has legs as FMM20 should let me at least get close to it. 

Honest answer: time will tell...

Edited by Scratch
15 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Esposito, Pellegri or Kean

Badou, Silva or Zirkzee

Haha, none right! Though I did think about using Esposito.

I should clarify that although we're after two strikers (the 2KC and the 1KC) and a midfielder (the assist 1KC), one of the strikers is actually a midfielder who needs to be retrained...

So it's actually one striker and two attaching midfielders (not saying whether wide or central though)

Edited by Scratch
1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Haha, none right! Though I did think about using Esposito.

I should clarify that although we're after two strikers (the 2KC and the 1KC) and a midfielder (the assist 1KC), one of the strikers is actually a midfielder who needs to be retrained...

Interesting you’re not using these boys

10 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Interesting you’re not using these boys

Pellegri, Kean, Silva and Zirkzee are all so FMM19... 🤣

Not saying that my players weren't in 19, just that I hadn't heard of them - they weren't at that level of popularity as far as I know...

11 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Good luck you crazy guy :laugh:

My guesses are:

- Koïta Sékou -> Mali

- Alessio Riccardi -> Italian

- Mohammed Ihattaren -> Dutch

Thanks! And we have our first player unveiled: Koïta Sékou.

The other two are wrong sorry. This is harder than I thought!

8 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

You are completely crazy. Not sure about either of the three but may i say Zaniolo for the midfielder to be retrained.

Guilty as charged! But sorry, it's not Zanolio (I must use him some time though).

4 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks! And we have our first player unveiled: Koïta Sékou.

The other two are wrong sorry. This is harder than I thought!

Mhm 1 more attempt as I got 1 correct 😛:

Gianluca Gaetano -> Italy

Ryan Gravenberch -> Dutch

5 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Mhm 1 more attempt as I got 1 correct 😛:

Gianluca Gaetano -> Italy

Ryan Gravenberch -> Dutch

Neither sorry! I did think about signing Gravenberch but he scouted as inconsistent, so I skipped him..

8 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Brignola(Italian)?

Chong(Dutch)?

Neither of those either! Wow, I thought this would be much easier. The remaining two are both wingers and both have 5 stars on the winderkids list...

Edited by Scratch
4 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Neither of those either! Wow, I thought this would be much easier. The remaining two are both wingers and both have 5 stars on the winderkids list...

That's an obvious hint, Unuvar and Vignato?

1 minute ago, Kun Aguero said:

That's an obvious hint, Unuvar and Vignato?

Yep! Those are the ones! That hint was a little obvious, but I didn't think it would be that hard. 😄

Just now, Scratch said:

Yep! Those are the ones! That hint was a little obvious, but I didn't think it would be that hard. 😄

Kinda I wouldn’t really expect them

33 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Kinda I wouldn’t really expect them

Yeah, they are sort of newish and not widely used yet, which is why I like them... 😄

They are also very good, which is what I'm going to need with this crazy target. I'm not using my scouting app on this save for obvious reasons, but I have started a number of saves while using it and couldn't help but notice some players who stand out as having consistently high PA: Cherki, Unuvar, Koita, Gouiri, with Vignato slightly behind them.

Even if I got under-powered versions in this save, they are still going to be good enough to give it a real crack at the target. Forget Mason Greenwood - the best PA I saw for him was around the same as these players' worst... I mean he's still good enough to go a long way, but is definitely a step behind these others from what I've seen.

Edit: I should have also said that I had to go with players who'd come the Celtic. I couldn't get Cherki at all and many of the other players guessed here wouldn't want to sign either.

Edited by Scratch

Thanks all for playing! That will likely prove to be more exciting than the save itself. 🤣 For the record, here are the players:

Main Striker (2KC): Naci Ünüvar

crazy-pregame-01.jpg.bd25b9dfe3ea57a219745344c24a6f80.jpg

Backup Striker (1KC): Sékou Koïta

crazy-pregame-03.jpg.ab78a69a64e5a16dd5546b627a85f6b1.jpg

Winger (Assists 1KC): Emanuel Vignato

crazy-pregame-02.jpg.d949b4c41fbc59844edc0fc34a9b7d1f.jpg

Nice selection. Currently using Ünuvar as well for a AMC 1K. Proving somewhat inconsistent atm though 😛 

Good luck nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Jens said:

Nice selection. Currently using Ünuvar as well for a AMC 1K. Proving somewhat inconsistent atm though 😛 

Good luck nonetheless.

Hmm, thanks for setting my mind at rest! 🤣

Given his age, I'm expecting him to be a bit hit and miss in the first few years - but I haven't used him before so he could end up being a dud! 

1 minute ago, Lord Danish said:

Their stats seems interesting considering SI added the “needs to mature to improve” thing

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that, but in one of my saves I had lots of youngsters and only one triggered that, so I'm hoping it doesn't happen too often or last that long. 

Honestly though my real problem, as always with Celtic, is that the league isn't that good. That's great for goals, but not so much for player development. All of these players are going to hit the "needs to play at a higher level message" in the first year or two. Then it's down to us winning the CL and improving the reputation of the club and/or league, which will make that disappear (for a while, then rinse and repeat)

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

It's going to include:

• A 2KC from the main striker

He's going to break his pelvis in 3 locations and retire at 26.

• A 1KC from the back up striker (they won't be playing together) 

He's going to realize he can do better than being a Celtic sub, refuse a contract renewal and walk out a free man. 

A 1KC for assists from a third player

This unsung hero is going to feel heavily under appreciated, demoralized, and lose form forever. Crosses will end up in the parking lot. 

Anyway, goodluck. 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

He's going to realize he can do better than being a Celtic sub, refuse a contract renewal and walk out a free man. 

This unsung hero is going to feel heavily under appreciated, demoralized, and lose form forever. Crosses will end up in the parking lot. 

Anyway, goodluck. 

😂 Nice way to stop someone from completing his goals

8 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Very ambitious mate. You obviously have a corker of a tactic. 

I will enjoy following this. 

Thanks mate. Yeah, I use a Defensive tactic, which cracks everyone up. But it worked well for me in FMM19, and looking decent in 20 as well. You get less goals than a typical @BatiGoal tactic (remember his 1 1 1 7 for eg?), but 70% of the goals go to the striker so he does alright. Whether it's enough for the backup striker tough is a big question...

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

No worries... That gives him 10 years, so only needs 200 goals a season. In the bag.

No worries... He has a 5 year contract, so only needs 200 goals a season. In the bag.

No worries... These guys can score from the car park, they're that good. In the bag.