Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Goes Crazy: 2KC✔️ + 1KC❌ + Assists 1KC✔️ [Done]

Scratch

Absolutely amazing numbers!

Im doing a little something with Unuvar but my player is half the player that you have on your hands. It’s probably why Ajax sold him to me for £2m. 

Now to work out a tactic based around a right winger......

7 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Absolutely amazing numbers!

Im doing a little something with Unuvar but my player is half the player that you have on your hands. It’s probably why Ajax sold him to me for £2m. 

Now to work out a tactic based around a right winger......

Thanks. Yeah, he's turning out nicely. I've developed a training philosophy that seems to work pretty well. Basically trying to power up as quick as possible, focusing on Aerial for the first few, then rotating through other important attributes (seems to work better than focusing on one only). Also set him to Intensive just be he levels up (not sure if it works). etc.

Every so often he will have a level up where Positioning increases by 1 and that's it, but more often than not it will be a good update.

As for a tactic for a right winger, I'd recommend 4 3 2 1 with Defensive mentality! 😄 

That's what I use and I cop a lot of stick for the defensive part, but I reckon I'll have the last laugh if this career is successful...

23 hours ago, Scratch said:

Tired? Jaded? Feeling the pressure of first team football? Take a break son. Intimidated by the opposition? Can't get motivated? Don't even waste my time.

That's the mentality of a true pro, tell 'em Scratcher. 

23 hours ago, Scratch said:

That leaves Holland as the only ITN job that will help me. I've never managed them before and I'm sort of looking forward to it.

Sort of? No motivation to manage my country?? Don't waste Oranje's time, you hypocrite! 😂 

Very impressed by those assists in particular. I hope you stay under 100 assist/season tho. Don't think I'm worthy of touching this game if you hit beyond that number. Magical! 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Sort of? No motivation to manage my country?? Don't waste Oranje's time, you hypocrite! 😂 

Just playing hard to get... I tell you what though, certain Dutch journalists better nicen the F up if they don't want to see their team tank at the World Cup finals... :P 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Very impressed by those assists in particular. I hope you stay under 100 assist/season tho. Don't think I'm worthy of touching this game if you hit beyond that number. Magical! 

I got to 96 assists in FMM19, so 100 is on the cards... We'll certainly miss you around here once you quit... 🤣

Seriously though, it's just too easy in FMM19/20: Defensive 4321 with a 20 Aerial striker and a good winger you're golden. The winger will just land that ball on the strikers head all day long...

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Incredible numbers so far especially the assists :O well done.

Like I just said to BG: I got to 96 assists in FMM19, so we're just getting started! 

FMM20 is just the same: Defensive 4321 with a 20 Aerial striker and a good winger you're golden. The winger will just land that ball on the strikers head all day long... Before last year, I don't think I ever hit 50 assists in a season....

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Nuts.

Indeed. Part of me wishes that they'd tweaked the match engine and the 20 Aerial thing and it didn't works so well anymore... 

On 17/12/2019 at 14:39, Scratch said:

I mean...

image.thumb.png.12c11020b973e66faaaf84184286e931.png

Amazing mate, if you can hit some of those numbers every now and then you will smash this.

11 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Amazing mate, if you can hit some of those numbers every now and then you will smash this.

Thanks mate, yeah, those sort of numbers are definitely possible from time to time in Scotland... Not all the time unfortunately, but can't get too greedy! 😄

Update - Season 3

We have some big targets to hit in this save and the early seasons are tough - the youngsters need time to mature and it also takes time to build a world class team to support them (especially in Scotland).

Last season was decent, but well short of what we need to do regularly. I'm expecting the same this year: a step up from last year, but still short of where we need to be. Let's see how the season pans out.

Transfers

The youngsters I got in season one are starting to come of age now and the team is more stable, so there were a lot less transfers this season:

Spoiler

crazy-season03-33.jpg.e89f9c93f5503b9c6c3e90cdb0519c49.jpg

crazy-season03-34.jpg.1651054b8e14a8bd83e4fe483138a539.jpg

Not much to note here. Moro and Eze were notable departures, just not quite as good as our other midfielders. Coming in were mostly youngsters. I should explain how I pick them sometime - basic version:

• Although you can't easily see regens anymore, any new non Scottish player should be good (only 4000 players in the save, so not much space wasted on mediocre players).

• Like last year, a significant portion of good regens go straight to the transfer list, so you can pick up some bargains that are worth a punt.

I'm starting to think about buying more established players, but it's still not really feasible. Even though some are now willing to consider Celtic, they cost so much! Havertz was for sale for £80M and while I can afford that, his salary would have been £180K, which I just couldn't justify at this point (he's only slightly better than my current players on £15K).

Tactics

Just when I was going to remove this section, I made a change that's worth writing about: For a handful of games, I experimented with Unuvar as IF on the left side, playing with Koita as AF in the middle.

It worked reasonably well, with both players scoring, but ultimately the players aren't fit enough to use this much at the moment. I can manage their fitness and the "Slightly Tired" messages just about perfectly if I swap them out in a 1 striker formation.

Maybe we'll revisit this later when they are both fit enough that they start wasting time on the bench. We probably won't be able to do it too often as I'm not sure Unuvar will get the numbers he needs as an IF and he's the only one who can play wide.

Club Results

We won everything domestically again. In Europe, we lost the Super Cup 2-1 to Man City, though we dominated possession and had more shots. We beat them 2-1 in the rematch in the Champions League Final nine months later and this time we had even more possession (62%).

Spoiler

crazy-season03-01.jpg.11f453faa0a53151fa79aea614580c00.jpg

crazy-season03-24.jpg.21aecb53459ecf23ad3c099ee3f20b9b.jpg

crazy-season03-25.jpg.8707e0635fe16a99900204a54f1b2ff5.jpg

ITN Job

Nothing to do but wait for the next major tournament (the World Cup in November) and hope the current manager gets sacked. The Dutch gig would be a nice Christmas present.

Injuries

This year was better than last, but they all had short injuries. Unuvar had two, despite having the "Very Rarely Injured " description, while the other two had one each.

Spoiler

crazy-season03-04.jpg.7fdb1ead13e169c8a9c554e593b201bf.jpg

crazy-season03-12.jpg.9e71876868624361cdf55793fba617c2.jpg

crazy-season03-03.jpg.f4fcc1714b2aace4b089aad7c6086d86.jpg

crazy-season03-07.jpg.bd21ef4f7e0326e3d910b97648011d10.jpg

Development

Unuvar had a short boost of improvement (+4 Stamina +1 Movement) at the start of the season, before the "needs to mature" thing kicked in for the rest of the season. I'm not sure why Dribbling and Decisions are down in the screenshot, it seems to fluctuate more this year for no obvious reason.

crazy-season03-35.jpg.95944c46eb1f32363de7893d03f6f456.jpg

Koita is still progressing, but very very slowly. He only had 2 increments over the whole year.

crazy-season03-37.jpg.89b92502fea735e9a81bb21a554725fd.jpg

Vignato is also still progressing, but very very slowly. I think he only had one update this year.

crazy-season03-39.jpg.7f7b92c0e16c9699a353dc479d1469fb.jpg

Unuvar 2KC

Unuvar scored 73 goals from 53 games:

crazy-season03-36.jpg.2bd0193887ef4ef673eee85a539852d4.jpg

Not enough to take him to 2KC, but he's the youngest and he had a lot of issues with the "Slightly Tired" and "Feeling the pressure of first team football" messages. Once he passes that hurdle he will score more. In the meantime I rested him a lot and gave Koita more first team action than I was planning.

Koita 1KC

Koita scored 62 goals from 58 games:

crazy-season03-38.jpg.0fdba6201308f8a8662335faf749e26f.jpg

A decent return and should be enough to get him to 1K over 20 seasons. However, as I mentioned above, I played him more than I was expecting. Once Unuvar can play more, Koita's numbers may shrink. Perhaps playing them together some of the time (the IF/AF plan) might help. Who knows!

Vignato Assists 1KC

Vignato provided 78 assists from 51 games:

crazy-season03-40.jpg.2174c2e9d1efdaf4055b6b791d94e31c.jpg

Still in no danger of hitting 100, but if he can do this season in, season out, he's got this in the bag.

Progress

Season Goals (Unuvar) Goals (Koita) Assists (Vignato)
01 44 24 29
02 65 56 76
03 73 62 78
Total 182 /2000 142/1000 183/1000

Once again the question is whether the two strikers can score 3K between them. They still need 2676 goals, which means 157 per season (assuming this is goes another 17 seasons).

Seems like a lot, but they got 135 this season and that was a) without any ITN goals; b) with youth related fitness issues; and c) while the team around them is not yet truly world class.

The Future

A decent season, but we need to pick it up over the next season or two. I still believe we can make it, but it's going to be tight and this will probably go long...

Also, an update just came out that seems to affect quite a lot. Should I update? Or will it mess things up? I'm leaning toward updating, but we'll see.

Edited by Scratch

Updating mid challenge is always dodgy. Bug tweaks could help long term but the dice could roll the other way and spoil things. 

Suddenly your strikers revert back to aerial 9 😂 

59 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Great work still far away from 2kc

Thanks mate! Pretty sure I can make it to 2K, just not sure i can get 3K between them... But not giving up yet! 🙂

53 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Updating mid challenge is always dodgy. Bug tweaks could help long term but the dice could roll the other way and spoil things. 

Suddenly your strikers revert back to aerial 9 😂 

Yeah! But still tempted to update as some of these bugs are pretty annoying (especially the inbox). I think I'll update, but will probably backup the current version in case the new one is terrible!

Actually I highly recommend anyone on Android backup up the current version of FMM before updating. It's easy to do using the Android Assistant app. I tend to do that out of habit these days. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

The Dutch gig would be a nice Christmas present.

I still feel you should show a little more enthusiasm for this honorable job. 😀

Doing great Scratch, looking tight but you've got a plan for everything so I believe 👍 

40 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I still feel you should show a little more enthusiasm for this honorable job. 😀

Doing great Scratch, looking tight but you've got a plan for everything so I believe 👍 

Thanks mate. Believe me - I'm excited. On the inside. And outside as well. I can't wait. I keep checking the jobs screen even though I know there'll be no change. I'm sweating. In the middle of ... well it's summer, but the air con's on. I've been buying orange T shirts just to get the feeling. I've been adding mayo to my chips. I've even been thinking it might be time to think about whether Ruud Gullet is actually okay after the Mistake with Shearer. Well maybe not, that might have to wait a few more years yet. But I'm definitely excited! :P 

1 hour ago, cezzz16 said:

Great season! Can't wait to see them refusing to re-sign. 😅

Thanks! That's always a risk. Shouldn't be a problem if it's like FMM19 though. They're all locked into 5 years at the moment and we've got two CLs in the bag already. A couple more and we'll be the biggest team in the world. They won't want to go anywhere... 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Well said! 😄 

Hehe, now I know just how worried you are about me getting those 1K assists... Cling to that hope of Vignato refusing to re-sign! :P 

32 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Nice.That's a manager's win. What did you end up with, 4-3-1?

It was 4 1 2 1

Basically kept my defence intact so I wouldn't concede and replaced my central midfield line (normally CM AP CM) with a single BBM. Left the wingers and striker the same so we could score. Probably stupid logic, as we should have been overrun in midfield, but it worked.

Actually, I guess we were overrun in midfield (only 42% possession), but our defence held (they only had 3 shots) and our attack remained a threat (11 shots). So maybe I'm a genius? 

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

Just so that they can fire you afterwards, so yup pls accept 😁

I guess I better accept because I'm sure it will irritate you when I start winning trophies with them - part of you will be happy, but the other part will be sick with the realisation that the only way Holland can win anything is with an Aussie manager... :P 

Also, it's about time an Aussie managed Holland. After all, 5 of the last 10 managers of the Australian team have been Dutch, but Holland either couldn't take the hint or hasn't been taught about sharing.

So reluctantly, I guess I will accept...