Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Brentford 2-2-1-2-3 / 4-1-2-3 Plimmerz92

Plimmerz92

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Just got round to this, cracking work mate - loads of stuff that I don't really do or think about (probably explains why I'm not very good :) ). Great stuff 👏

Not won this award before :D

Screenshot_20191206-192037_FM20 Mobile.jpg

2 hours ago, ron1hy said:

"LWB RWB need to be neutral as when required to change to back four u dont want them attacking. I leave that to the Inside forwards and 3 strikers"

when you say this, do you mean their 'focus position' training setting needs to be on DR/L but the 'focus role' setting should be wingback?

Also, when teams go into overload, do i go defensive, sit back, deep and take all arrows off to protect until they change their tactics?

I am 2-1 down and wolves have just gone to contain, narrow, slow and balanced. How do I counter this?

Also, when you say to go defensive, do you mean to change the settings and change to 4 1 2 3 with a ball-winning midfielder as well?

Ok it's all about the team your playing against. If you face spurs who have SON and Lucas moura in wide positions and harry kane center. You will what to change LWB RWB to full backs. Straight away. Go on defence that's all I change. 

Same applies when opponent goes on over spurs have alot of firepower so go on lockdown. (But only late game) as cpu will only go overload after 75th minute if your winning by 2 or more. 

I hope this helps

50 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Current record to date my aim is to do 10 seasons at mufc to get the achievement.1493478673_Screenshot_20191206-193435_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.9048677d1f37d1df756f34f8a457b5a2.jpg

Great record so far! Apply for the job IRL please 😂

11 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

@ron1hy

@AndersJ

Ok well the most popular formation the CPU uses on this game is either 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 CPU always starts on balanced. Points to remember.

*4-2-3-1 for example your facing Chelsea who have a dangerous team. Will look to attack you down the wing. Its key to have players able to counteract this. They have pace in willian and pulisic. And the wonderkid Mason mount spearheading the centre attacking midfield.

CPU will start on defence 100% all the time. I always match them and feel them out. If I see the CPU possession bar greater than mine for long periods of time I go to the defence tactic and use the following (deep - sit back) this way it forces the CPU to change from defence to control or attack. 

Once they change I go back to high defensive line nothing else. 

If your fortunate enough to score they CPU will switch back to defence or go onto control. It's important to not jump straight to attack as you will open up your defence and you WILL concede! Stay composed and switch back to defence. 

If you have not scored by half time start making some changes with your line up. Certain players are scared of playing against certain teams. In which you can be guarenteed they wont perform. It's around the 60th minute the CPU will start piling the pressure on depending what the score is at that time. This is where I usually switch to counter if I have not scored. The CPU always trys to win they dont aim to draw.

The cpu will make attacking changes. For example Chelsea always start giroud over abraham if giroud is fit and healthy that is. 

This is where you want to either 

1. Go on counter to try and score.

2. Go on to defence.

3.go on lock down meaning defence , deep defene line , sit back.

The best way to counter 4-2-3-1 I found is to have good passing CBS. Not BPD! And good Full backs who can also pass to the midfield. 

With facing a team like Chelsea you want to avoid Kante as much as you can players like him are key. Passing accurately between defence and midfield nullifies his ability to be a nightmare.

4-3-3 

Same principle really except I'll use liverpool as example here. 

If you commit your team to attack or counter to early Mo Salah or Mane will score with a matter of seconds. However the downfall to liverpool you take mane and Salah out of the equasion they lack wingers. 

If you come against 4-3-3 the wingers are the danger not the striker.

I spend majority of the game on defence when facing a big team using 4-3-3.

Again forcing them to jump to control,attacking and when they do I see how my team fares on defence.

*always pay attention to the following stats.

*your attempts on goal

*clear cut chances 

*possession (most important)

If your higher than cpu means stick with what your doing.

In my 2nd season with Newcastle in the champions league final against Paris st Germain I started on defence held the to 0-0 and forced the cpu to go more offensive. My team was adequate at best compared to PSGs frightening duo mbappe and neymar. When they changed I knew if I went to counter I'd catch them out. I switch switch in game mainly between defence and counter. Hardly go control as your players tend to  

1 pass to much and get complacent 

2 make mistakes

3 be out of position.

So the best advice I can give is stay on the ball watch the CPU closely see what there doing.

This is the best example I can give right here on below screenshots. Ignore player roles this is simply names and stats. 

Screenshot 1 usually how Chelsea line up.

CPU will go defence match the CPU and go on defence. Have your LB RB on neutral full backs.

This way forces CPU to change its strategy and go more offensive. 

Screenshot 2 when CPU switch to attack it drags there whole team forward obviously and this is crucial in getting a goal.

This is where I switch depending on how my team is faring on defence. 

When I go on counter I aim to use Wing backs linking to the attack as I use inside forwards.

3rd screenshot how I look at my team when I play counter.

4th screenshot lockdown the whole entire team sits in front of goal doesnt go forward or try to initiate a passing escape they simply clear the ball. LB RB on full back BBM change to BWM LW RW change to wide midfielder as shown in screenshot 5.

My BBM (kante) attacks not to score goals but be more aggressive in trying to get the ball back higher up the pitch. BBM is your work horse midfielder. Once he has the ball he initiates the counter attack. WBs attack the byline and your striker (doesn't have to be Target man just for example) will be ready and waiting in position. 

On counter everything is compact and organised. However I recommend not staying on counter for to long as it requires good teamwork. If you lose the ball as showed in screenshot 3 your LWB RWB are going to get caught. And you will concede. 

Most important thing!

*Keep and eye on stats player ratings

*Pre match assistant manager recommendations I.e jorginho doesn't feel confident. Dont play jorginho. 

*Barkley is looking forward to this match (play Barkley.

*batshuayi is hoping to play this match (hes hoping to play but it's a gamble if he plays better than barkley) 

* intensive training on players to the specific training roles you wish to use. 

* gold staff I use 2 rehabilitation physios and 1 prevention.

*Age doesn't matter if your lower league team sign free agents. And sell them.

* train players across a few positions to open up more options for you. 

That's all for this guide I hope this helps this is how I play FMM this year I'm sorry if some of it's not easily understood.

Screenshot_20191206-085619_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-090122_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-090939_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-092654_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-093136_FM20 Mobile.jpg

I've been putting all that you have suggesting into practice but I just keep losing games. It seems I'm just keeping the opposition at bay but my strikers and players are not having good games and we keep losing by the odd goal. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Maybe I am missing something 😁

49 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

I've been putting all that you have suggesting into practice but I just keep losing games. It seems I'm just keeping the opposition at bay but my strikers and players are not having good games and we keep losing by the odd goal. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Maybe I am missing something 😁

It wont work over night mate lol. Practice I spent the whole day learning the mechanics of this game. Also maybe the players you have are not good enough. But again stats dont matter to much. Certain players dont like playing in challenging games and let you down. Just keep at it man. You may need to recruit even if the players you sign are you 1 stat better its atleast progress. 

7 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

It wont work over night mate lol. Practice I spent the whole day learning the mechanics of this game. Also maybe the players you have are not good enough. But again stats dont matter to much. Certain players dont like playing in challenging games and let you down. Just keep at it man. You may need to recruit even if the players you sign are you 1 stat better its atleast progress. 

Ok I will carry on and keep it in mind.

9 hours ago, ron1hy said:

Ok I will carry on and keep it in mind.

I had Marcelo brozovic he was literally resigned to not playing in any challenging games. So I sold him for 110m and bought Sergio Gomez. He doesnt mind playing the other big teams. Hes not as good as (brozovic stat wise) but performs better. Also keep an eye on your team report. 

This is my Manchester United team report after second season. I am working on getting the work rate up. This is why (YOU CONCEDE STUPID LUCKY GOALS) sorry for capitals but needs to be clear. Work rate comes under (TEAMWORK) on player stats. Higher team work better chance you have if your a lower tier team. It's one of the first things I try and improve when a lower end tier team like Newcastle for example. 

Screenshot_20191207-080407_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Comparison from brozovic to Sergio Gomez. The numbers speak for themselves. Sergio has played 5 games at end of season and almost done what brozovic did in an entire campaign. That's what I'm trying to say stats dont matter it's about the individual and if they're willing to play every game. 

Screenshot_20191207-081024_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-081011_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-081146_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-080837_FM20 Mobile.jpg

22 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

This is my Manchester United team report after second season. I am working on getting the work rate up. This is why (YOU CONCEDE STUPID LUCKY GOALS) sorry for capitals but needs to be clear. Work rate comes under (TEAMWORK) on player stats. Higher team work better chance you have if your a lower tier team. It's one of the first things I try and improve when a lower end tier team like Newcastle for example. 

This is interesting. How do you plan to sort out all those negatives?

6 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

This is interesting. How do you plan to sort out all those negatives?

If I have 6 key players that at are not looking forward to playing a match or they are not confident about winning then what am I meant to do then?

47 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

If you had the choice to sign a superstar player for £60 but he had low work rate and didn't like big matches or a cheaper player with lower stats but was professional, thrived in big matches and had stamina and work rate, who would you buy and why?

1 minute ago, ron1hy said:

If you had the choice to sign a superstar player for £60 but he had low work rate and didn't like big matches or a cheaper player with lower stats but was professional, thrived in big matches and had stamina and work rate, who would you buy and why?

My simple answer is the younger and cheaper. Look at the screenshots of comparison between brozovic. His stats are incredible. But never like playing tough games. 

Sergio Gomez was cheaper stats not as good and plays anyone without complaint or fear. 

And the stats show. 

6 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

My simple answer is the younger and cheaper. Look at the screenshots of comparison between brozovic. His stats are incredible. But never like playing tough games. 

Sergio Gomez was cheaper stats not as good and plays anyone without complaint or fear. 

And the stats show. 

Ok I understand. What about the other question? The problem is, you don't always know if a player thrives in big games when you scout them. 😁

Edited by ron1hy
28 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

If I have 6 key players that at are not looking forward to playing a match or they are not confident about winning then what am I meant to do then?

Use what you have. I always recruit many players. I sign a load of young players straight away first season from free agents. So I always have options. And i will always buy 

Rober - 1m

Ivan Martinez- 875k

I buy and sign useless players at first and loan them out. 

My first season at man utd. I had 3 goal attacking coaches. 1 defence.

Second season 2 gold attacking 2 defending.

3rd season 2 attack gold 1 defence gold 1 goalkeeper. 

Train all on intense it's what I do on every game save it just works for me.

Screenshot_20191207-090602_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-090545_FM20 Mobile.jpg

2 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

Ok I understand. What about the other question? The problem is, you don't always know if a player thrives in big games when you scout them. 😁

Theres a secret not too many people know about.  You dont need the scout to tell you I'll show u a screen shot example.

You can tell what sort of player your signing by there personality. If there a superstar as you call it like Ronaldo, messi, hazard , neymar they will play no matter and whoever. 

But signing younger players its Key to note there personality. 

*Good personalitys

Very ambitious.

Ambitious.

Relentless (needs to be good player) Erling Haaland.

Normal personality (will play in big games) BUT only if your team is on form. 

Screenshot_20191207-091211_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-091403_FM20 Mobile.jpg

17 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

And the stats show. 

Do you think you can train a player to get used to playing in big matches over time?

1 minute ago, Plimmerz92 said:

You can tell what sort of player your signing by there personality. If there a superstar as you call it like Ronaldo, messi, hazard , neymar they will play no matter and whoever. 

But signing younger players its Key to note there personality. 

*Good personalitys

Very ambitious.

Ambitious.

Relentless (needs to be good player) Erling Haaland.

Normal personality (will play in big games) BUT only if your team is on form. 

Screenshot_20191207-091211_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191207-091403_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Ok i see. What is the personality trait of a player who doesn't like big matches? Is being able to play in big matches so important in the game?

25 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

You mean guys like this? 😁

image.thumb.png.d2ab9f0aa81822a2b589220a9234fcb1.png

8 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

Ok i see. What is the personality trait of a player who doesn't like big matches? Is being able to play in big matches so important in the game?

If your a big team then not so much but when your lower tier team then yes. My Newcastle save first season when I finished 3rd everyone was a big team lol

2 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

If your a big team then not so much but when your lower tier team then yes. My Newcastle save first season when I finished 3rd everyone was a big team lol

It seems to me, you need to think about the players you are buying. I thought it was all about stats!

Where did you get him from?

From my youth acadamy :)  and at that time i had youth facilities at "Good" level, so lucky ...

he at the beginning

78685935_832755300489857_3961201985813741568_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=3Tb6DPxsAd4AQnWnWWsqE02aMkdUflqFBQkkVyhLpIWPwHkvHWYIQLy5A&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=f206d1c278bcc8c503cf03ef3a06dfb9&oe=5E6E1520

It seems to me, you need to think about the players you are buying. I thought it was all about stats!

No definitely not about the stats. Did you see my Newcastle team? I think my team was average no wonderkid apart from tonali best buy I made by the way. But for sure it's all about players rather than stats 

3 minutes ago, Narayanos said:

From my youth acadamy :)  and at that time i had youth facilities at "Good" level, so lucky ...

he at the beginning

78685935_832755300489857_3961201985813741568_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=3Tb6DPxsAd4AQnWnWWsqE02aMkdUflqFBQkkVyhLpIWPwHkvHWYIQLy5A&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=f206d1c278bcc8c503cf03ef3a06dfb9&oe=5E6E1520

How did you get his stats up so quickly?

Just now, ron1hy said:

How did you get his stats up so quickly?

I have full staff with natural aptitude, now everyone have gold badge, impressive training ground, he plays in first team and have intense training regime

12 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

No definitely not about the stats. Did you see my Newcastle team? I think my team was average no wonderkid apart from tonali best buy I made by the way. But for sure it's all about players rather than 

It's obvious that you can't have a coach for every training area so what do you think is the most important types of coaches to have at the club?