FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick11

Chat Can someone explain this??

Why the potential ability of players drop?? 

This guy's PA in 2020 was 4star Screenshot_20191207_122104_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.e07a8b4af5128a4e6050136279b86bea.jpg

But in 2022 it dropped to 3½ star

Screenshot_20191207_122034_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.b71124a98fc63aca154e79f80367a97a.jpg

I've seen this thing in previous editions of FMM. If PA drops then why  PA doesn't increases when the player is performing well. 

Interesting!

My understanding is that the true PA (what you can see in the editor there) should not change, unlike the ratings the scouts and staff give you. The only scenario I know of where the true PA may actually drop is if the player has a serious injury - but we're talking more than just the usual injury and it's pretty rare...

PA's do indeed change if the player has a terrible injury, maybe it's the same in other circumstances as well?

PA can go up though as well. I've seen it happen in two cases this year. It probably happens more often, but you'll only see it happen to those who are really close to the divide between 3.5 en 4 stars.

21 hours ago, Scratch said:

Interesting!

My understanding is that the true PA (what you can see in the editor there) should not change, unlike the ratings the scouts and staff give you. The only scenario I know of where the true PA may actually drop is if the player has a serious injury - but we're talking more than just the usual injury and it's pretty rare...

But this player never got injured... Maybe 1-2 week injury happened but that might not be enough for PA to drop. 

This value is also relative to the rest of you squad. Did you bring in better players? Or the quality if your players went up? Then this players PA was dropping, relative to the squad. 

27 minutes ago, RobNemoo said:

This value is also relative to the rest of you squad. Did you bring in better players? Or the quality if your players went up? Then this players PA was dropping, relative to the squad. 

That's true. Don't take the stars as gospel as it is relevant to the league you play in, the quality of the rest of the league and your own squad.

I've used player in FMM2019 that were 5 stars in China and were top players in my squad but then bought them else where and they were 3 at best and the board moaned that i signed them so its all relevant.

I don't really see what needs explaining here? PA should change during the course of a player's career, especially taking into account how many players get overhyped when they are young. And it can increase as well.

4 hours ago, RobNemoo said:

That's true of the stars given by the scouts/staff in the game, but the screenshot is of the Editor - those stars are representative of the real CA/PA which does not normally change - except for rare decreases for major injuries and rare increases where a retiring player evaporates and his PA floats out on the wind until it lands on an existing youngster (instead of him coming back as a regen).

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

I don't really see what needs explaining here? PA should change during the course of a player's career, especially taking into account how many players get overhyped when they are young. And it can increase as well.

Perhaps it should be like that, but the game has never behaved like that before - in my experience, 99% of players keep the same PA across their career and pass it on to their regen. Maybe they have made changes here? If so, that's major news.