Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Not scoring goals

Chan Fliflo

I'm currently coaching Wolves after I got fired at my last club. My problem is that I'm just not scoring goals. I have a lot of possession, good players and also a decent amount of shots and shots on target. This was the same problem at my last club, that's why I got fired.

Can you guys see the problem and have some advise of changes that I can make?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191211-115454_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115457_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115500_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115515_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115421_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115425_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115439_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-115442_FM20 Mobile.jpg

I’d say there doesn’t seem to be any standard goal scoring positions in your team, TM are usually accompanied by another striker, Full backs don’t help either, maybe try setting your wingers to Inside forwards and your full backs to wing backs and and see if that helps

12 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

I’d say there doesn’t seem to be any standard goal scoring positions in your team, TM are usually accompanied by another striker, Full backs don’t help either, maybe try setting your wingers to Inside forwards and your full backs to wing backs and and see if that helps

And if want to keep playing with wingers, to what role should I change my striker?

You’re focussing passing on flanks so that’s just your two wingers. Easy to cut off any attacking threats there. 

Your wingers are out wide creating space in the middle but no passes are going through your AP. I’d change passing focus to mixed. That alone will help  

As mentioned above, try wingbacks and at least one winger to IF so give support there. 

Probably the wide width also the problem. Smaller teams will work best with fast passing and narrow width. Comments above also right, try change one or both winger to IF and one or both FB to WB and passing style to mixed

I use a single TM upfront atm with wingers and score plenty, so don't believe that's the issue. Obviously the better his physical stats the better he will perform. 

I would suggest changing passing focus to mixed, and drop your Cam to midfield to form a flat 3. I would have these 3 as AP-BBM-DLP. The playmakers will get their fair share of assists, but will also bring your wingers into play when they can. The BBM will perform attacking and defensive duties but requires the right stats to support that role. This is probably the role that requires the right player more than any other I'd argue. 

Other than that you could try to use work into box to eradicate wasteful shots. Also try wingbacks and possibly look for overlap. That should get more balls pumped to your main man up front. 

Edited by itzChris92
5 hours ago, Chan Fliflo said:

In case of using wing backs, wouldn't that make me defensive too weak?

If you want more in attack, you're probably gonna have to take some impact defensively.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much. There are aspects of your system I'd change, as others have suggested, but otherwise I've had low-scoring tight-defence seasons that have exploded later in the season. Maybe your players adjust, maybe you'll spot a couple of things...

I don’t see much wrong with your player role selection if I’m honest, maybe add one BPD in there seeing as you want to play out from the back. Team instructions I Would change are your width - go narrow to get the wingers more involved, as many have said, they will get isolated. Change your passing focus to central (gets those playmakers the ball as often as possible) or mixed. Try experimenting with the tempo and creative freedom too.

This guide I wrote may come in handy for you

All right, thanks a lot guys, I have been trying a lot of options and now I'm scoring tons of goals with my new striker!

Edited by Chan Fliflo