Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Should I start a YouTube Channel?

Massey127

Hi fellow Viber's,

For a while now I have been thinking about starting a YouTube channel. 

So my question is would anyone want to see this and if so what content would be most interesting or useful that you would like to see it find beneficial?

I would like to start and focus on an exciting career mode, perhaps also a popular challenge and then things like, bargain buy videos, wonderkid videos, lower league tips etc and something similar to the iScout content.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Many people have tried but unfortunately FMM just isn't interesting to watch, people will spend a few mins reading a career post but they won't spend 10-30mins watching essentially a PowerPoint presentation. Think about it how often is FMM your only activity? Everyone I know basically treats FMM as a side activity while watching TV or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Many people have tried but unfortunately FMM just isn't interesting to watch, people will spend a few mins reading a career post but they won't spend 10-30mins watching essentially a PowerPoint presentation. Think about it how often is FMM your only activity? Everyone I know basically treats FMM as a side activity while watching TV or whatever. 

That is very important feedback mate and I appreciate it.

That's exactly why I thought I would ask if there is a demand.

I personally enjoy sometimes searching for FMM videos just for inspiration or to watch how other people play the game, the tactics they use, players they sign, how they run the club, what things they get involved with and what they choose not to.

I agree the only issue with this is how to make it exciting and engaging but I have a few ideas on how to keep this entertaining, mainly from what I think would have kept me interested.

If you mix it up with other games, like FIFA and then bits of other games then sure. And have a bit of fun and personality in your vids. FMM alone just wouldn’t cause that much excitement

I’ve also considered my own YouTube channel myself but my issue is the views. I’d be content with around 1k to 5k views but I know when you start off it’s a real struggle, it just wouldn’t be worth it spending time to get 10 views at the start 😂

I think this question boils down to one thing and that’s how much you want to do it and what your expectations are of how it will go.

You are never going to make a living from making FMM videos in fact you will be highly unlikely to make any money out of it with how the advertising revenue works these days so take any thoughts of that out of your mind if they were there.

As @Ashez said FMM is very niche in terms of interest but that doesn’t mean you won’t get some kind of following if you make good videos. Ultimately it boils down to what you consider to be success in terms of subs and views and how much you enjoy the process of making the videos.

To get noticed on YouTube takes a huge effort as the algorithm will basically ignore you for the first 3 months before you will start to be recommended in other people’s videos or show up on any kind of searches so you need to bear in mind that you won’t get many views at all to start with.

11 minutes ago, Massey127 said:

personally enjoy sometimes searching for FMM videos just for inspiration or to watch how other people play the game, the tactics they use, players they sign, how they run the club, what things they get involved with and what they choose not to.

That's fair and a view point I understand but Vibe can provide that in a fraction of the time investment (for creator and audience tbf) and you don't need headphones or the ability to hear what's going on. 

I'll admit I've never looked into it too much but basically any FMM Youtuber I've came across has basically just stole and reworked content from here, admittedly that makes me somewhat biased and against FMM YouTube content but I just don't find the idea appealing in the slightest. The games niche, boring to watch and just suits other media.

FMM only wouldn’t make it tbh even the full fat FM I don’t personally think it would work. If mixed up with something like PES or FIFA Mobile like @SophiaFM said would do better. Mixing with sports genre games like NBA or NFL will increase more and more people.

If you have a console I would recommend mix with that too.

Also personally I would go out of sports genre and mix with others like CODM or even Minecraft could work 

Thanks everyone for he feedback and I totally agree, the motivation behind this is not monetary, I have a full time job, I'm a husband and have two kids so I need my job lol.

The motivation is mainly just as it is here, to share, inspire and enjoy the game together.  If anyone takes anything from it then great, that's success in my eyes lol.

My little boy is 11 yeas old and he always goes on about starting a channel, he likes Minecraft and that bloody Fortnite game too so there would also be different content.

It's food for thought so thank you very much folks for taking the time to share your thoughts.