Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Central defensive pairings

Massey127

Hi Viber's,

My main question is has anyone been able to categorically been able to determine what the best use of central pairings are regarding the players preferred foot, for example should the left footed player be on the right hand side or left and vice a versa?

I rarely look at this if I’m honest. This is actually a bugbear of mine even in real life where you get people always saying the guy with the left foot should always be on the left and it’s almost a crime to suggest putting them on the right side. Thing is no one bothers when a right footer is on the left side.

Well this is the reason I asked because all I have ever heard is the opposite, that the right footed should be LCD and left footed in RCD.  I think the thought process is the defenders will then be on their strongest foot with their backs to goal facing the attacker as they try to run through the middle.

I just don't know how much this affects FMM but if you look at the way the AI sets up their defenders it will often seem to support this theory and I have found when I do this my central pairings will achieve slightly higher ratings and more successful tackles completed.

Never heard that and always heard the opposite, that you have a rightie on the right and leftie on the left, especially if you're a passing team with ball-playing defenders. My bees in real life have looked so much better since Ethan Pinnock (a leftie) took Julian Jeanvier's place (a rightie) alongside Pontus Jansson after JJ got a red card. Of course that's mostly cos Pinnock is very good, but his ability to open out from a pass across the back and look for options higher up is very useful, and higher than JJ's was in the same position.

But of course, in real life, what is it - 80% of people are righty? So you're not always gonna find a lefty, there aren't many of them. Regularly have two right-footed centre-backs, and don't specifically look for leftie upgrades.