Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Any way to increase maximum wage offered?

awhec

Hi all!

I’m playing my 2nd season as ManU and I’m trying to renew Pogba’s contract. 

Although I’m able to negotiate his wage demands quite a bit, I am not able to offer anything above a certain point even if I’m almost 2M per week under my wage budget and there are other players in the team with a higher wage than I’m allowed to offer Pogba.

Is there any way to be able to offer him the wage he wants or is this some sort of bug in the game?

It’s very annoying but the board set a limit of what they are will to spend on wages for each player and as you have plenty of spare budget you have reached that point with Pogba.

If you have plenty of transfer budget going spare try offering him a huge signing on fee as players will often take a big wedge of cash up front and accept a lower wage.

This comes up every year - can we get some sort of fix, @Dan Dawson? Even just an extra message of "the board don't feel X is worth more than Y per week and giving him such high wages would disrupt squad harmony" or whatever. But it gets silly that you build a good team and then they demand wages above what you can offer, even though you can afford it.

I would sell Pogba because of this. It’s very frustrating sometimes when it happens to my favourite guy. Since Pogba isn’t so I’ll sell him 😂

26 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

I would sell Pogba because of this. It’s very frustrating sometimes when it happens to my favourite guy. Since Pogba isn’t so I’ll sell him 😂

LOL 😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Foxy said:

It’s very annoying but the board set a limit of what they are will to spend on wages for each player and as you have plenty of spare budget you have reached that point with Pogba.

If you have plenty of transfer budget going spare try offering him a huge signing on fee as players will often take a big wedge of cash up front and accept a lower wage.

Very annoying as he has been performing consistently in midfield.

I tried increasing the signing fee but it seems to have zero effect on wage demands.

5 minutes ago, awhec said:

tried increasing the signing fee but it seems to have zero effect on wage demands.

So if you give him a huge signing on bonus he won’t accept the max wage you can offer him?

48 minutes ago, Foxy said:

So if you give him a huge signing on bonus he won’t accept the max wage you can offer him?

He won’t reduce his demands at all beyond what he does during the normal negotiation. He does lower them when I offer a lower wage, but when I increase the signing bonus it doesn’t go lower.

I’ve found this year that it’s often a challenge to get current players to sign new deals even when you’d think they would want to. Often they’ll just demand too much but if you keep trying every month or so they usually do agree eventually in my experience anyway.

Agree with that.

Also, this year (maybe was the same previously and I didn't know), I'm finding that it's best to offer my important players a new contract every 6 months (as soon as the "not interested because we recently agreed a new contract" message disappears).

So far (almost 4  seasons in), no one has asked for a really big increase and they can all be negotiated down to only a little above the current amount. Most importantly, in that 6 month window, the players don't seem to mind if I reject any offers for them. So I keep them in that window permanently. Once we get an offer for them when they are outside that window, there's a fair chance they will be unhappy if we reject it - and also, that's when they seem to want a lot more money to renew. At least that's what I've seen so far, might be proven wrong next time I play the game! 🙂

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Agree with that.

Also, this year (maybe was the same previously and I didn't know), I'm finding that it's best to offer my important players a new contract every 6 months (as soon as the "not interested because we recently agreed a new contract" message disappears).

So far (almost 4  seasons in), no one has asked for a really big increase and they can all be negotiated down to only a little above the current amount. Most importantly, in that 6 month window, the players don't seem to mind if I reject any offers for them. So I keep them in that window permanently. Once we get an offer for them when they are outside that window, there's a fair chance they will be unhappy if we reject it - and also, that's when they seem to want a lot more money to renew. At least that's what I've seen so far, might be proven wrong next time I play the game! 🙂

Great tip 👍 

I have found very similar situation with my AC Milan career.  I'm 3 seasons in and I cannot for the love of trying get either Suso, Kessie, Romagnoli or Donnarumma to sign new contracts and now they all expire in 6 months time, this will be fun! 🤔

Edited by Massey127
Spelling error

I’ve just lost Zaniolo due to not being able to match his demands on my Liverpool Augusta save. I just couldn’t get anywhere near to the basic wage he wanted and he left. Thing is, it took months before anyone else signed him so that seems a bit off given his quality although in fairness hadn’t developed into anywhere near the player he’d become for me in most of my saves on last years game for some reason. 

I am facing same problem with Pogba. Another issue is no club want him because of his wages 😢

I will loss 130m if his contract end like that 

This is dumb.

I have 1.2m left in my wage budget and 100m in the bank, but can't increase a wonderkid's wage enough to keep him at Manchester United because the board knows better apparently. 

Meanwhile...Rashford just demanded a new contract at the age of 26. He was on 300k/week and demanded that I lower his wages to 220k/week. WTF?

On 05/03/2020 at 15:49, mabbitwarden said:

This is dumb.

I have 1.2m left in my wage budget and 100m in the bank, but can't increase a wonderkid's wage enough to keep him at Manchester United because the board knows better apparently. 

Meanwhile...Rashford just demanded a new contract at the age of 26. He was on 300k/week and demanded that I lower his wages to 220k/week. WTF?

Yeah, it's a pity... I hope they get it sorted...

Hi guys,
I have found a solution for our problem. Preferable FM should fix this by letting us set the max wage ourselves, but until then, this works.

I had problem renewing contracts as the board’s cap was too low for my star players. I solved this issue (with Pogba who was demanding 7m/w) by placing the player in the reserves for a couple of games. After that the player demanded less and I could negotiate it down to the max wage👍 

good luck

I’ve had a similar issue. Couldn’t offer my star player the same wage as others already had. This was due to the “Advised Maximum Basic Wage” viewed in the wages section of the finance screen.

To increase this I got rid of several players (released on a free) then the maximum wage allowed went up to a more reasonable figure. I don’t understand the mechanics behind this, but seems like the board didn’t like the amount spend on wages, dispute being well under the budget.

On 22/03/2020 at 15:31, JoeSWE said:

Hi guys,
I have found a solution for our problem. Preferable FM should fix this by letting us set the max wage ourselves, but until then, this works.

I had problem renewing contracts as the board’s cap was too low for my star players. I solved this issue (with Pogba who was demanding 7m/w) by placing the player in the reserves for a couple of games. After that the player demanded less and I could negotiate it down to the max wage👍 

good luck

This worked for on me FMM21. Rashford wanted something like 500k per week, but would drop demand to about 350k. Board wouldn't let me get near that. Dropped him to reserves for one Caribou Cup game and he was happy with just a 10k increase over his old contract.

He lost the star next to his name in the process, and hasn't got it back. Not sure if that matters though?

If anyone needs advice on what to do when it happens to you while trying to sign a new player, just adjust the budget to max wages when you are negotiating the contract.