Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help FMM20 vs FMM19

I haven’t played it since the newest update so can’t comment on that. But if it’s anything other than a massive improvement on vanilla then I would strongly advise waiting for the sale. Seen a few members here fed up and returned to FMM19 already, or are quickly losing patience.

Biggest differences are player mentoring, reserve team competitions, addition of Greek and Danish leagues and a new skin. Some people are really thrilled by the new ball on pitch view as well.

Really it just depends what you enjoy about the game as the new additions aren’t really for me but others love them.

Personally I can't go back to 19 now, even though I'm 2 seasons away from an assists 1K over there. I can only play 20...

It's almost the same game, but the little tweaks are big for me. I can see how they wouldn't be for some people though.

I hardly use mentoring or the reserves to be honest, and not using the new leagues either. For me the big difference is the enhanced exposure to players mentality and morale, etc.

For example, you can now see which players can't get motivated for a game (was a third of my team until I sold those players), which players are scared of playing the big opponents in the CL, etc. You also get a much better understanding of how morale changes and can better predict when a player will turn unhappy. 

It's really changed how I build my squad and pick my team. But then other people don't care about this stuff at all...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

For me the big difference is the enhanced exposure to players mentality and morale, etc.

This is definitely my favourite new feature as well, the game certainly feels more interactive this year because you've got to take into account some players' personalities and their moralities. Some youths have 'relaxed' personalities that may ultimately hinder their developments or performances. You may need to discipline them or slap a good mentor on them to get rid of that. There are also case where if you sign an 18 years old to a big contract, they might start to become lazier because they thought they've 'made it'. There are also more interactive interviews, for instance, unhappy players wanting you to lose the derby so you would get sacked (and vice versa - players playing harder for you so wouldn't get sacked). They might all be minor additions in the grand scheme of things but I personally found the game more immersive because of it.

Layout is now way more informative with images and some descriptions though I would argue that the overall aesthetics is a step-back from last year's but that might just be me.

I personally haven't found any game-breaking bugs, so I enjoy this year's release overall just for the updated database and the mentality stuff. I get why some people might be hesitant about the new features or lack thereof but I don't regret purchasing the game at all. I guess it's up to you if it's worth the full price or not haha.

Good couple of posts 👍

Kids aren't so over-powered and 30yo's are more useful / valuable. I constructed some awesome young teams on the last version, but I think I appreciate this tweak ultimately, it's a tad more realistic.

Otherwise the main difference is all the squads are updated, and it's a cheap game in the grand scheme of things :)

Edited by Mr Tree

As mentioned above, old players have more of a use because of the mentoring, and their experience/‘thrive in big games’ attribute helps too. Even AI wise they’re still good, Ronaldo was still scoring 40 goals when he was 38 on my save 🙂

On 27/12/2019 at 14:19, SophiaFM said:

As mentioned above, old players have more of a use because of the mentoring, and their experience/‘thrive in big games’ attribute helps too. Even AI wise they’re still good, Ronaldo was still scoring 40 goals when he was 38 on my save 🙂

I signed 37 year old Ronaldo for around 4m, maybe less? Absolute unit upfront as a complete forward, slow as hell but if you gave him the ball hed bury it lol