Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Player stats drop when buying a player!

Massey127

Has anyone else experienced the stats of a player dropping when you purchase them?

This tends to happen to multiple of the key stats and the reason you bought the player.  I'm almost certain this happens for almost every single player I buy.

I thought maybe you could recover these stats quickly but they tend to never come back or take a very long time to recover the 4-5 drop in skill points.

It ruins the game when it puts you off buying players.

Yep it's been mentioned many times, and to be honest whenever I've seen it, the stats come back within a week or two or a good performance or two. Could be your scouts or then your coaches aren't good enough. I wouldn't let stuff like that ruin the game, there's so much more to it :)

I like to convince myself that the drop-off comes from the time it takes to properly adjust to the club. 

While it may or may not be true, the narrative adds to how "real" I think the game is.

17 minutes ago, Deji said:

I like to convince myself that the drop-off comes from the time it takes to properly adjust to the club. 

While it may or may not be true, the narrative adds to how "real" I think the game is.

Agreed, and as mr tree says, they almost always go back to what they were a week or 4 later, and depending on the age and potential of the player, far higher. Nothing to worry about @Massey127

I believe SI added this to make some realism. Sometimes players that you bought are from weaker league so when he joins a stronger one he’ll have no guarantee to be as good.

1 hour ago, Lord Danish said:

I believe SI added this to make some realism. Sometimes players that you bought are from weaker league so when he joins a stronger one he’ll have no guarantee to be as good.

Then why it happens when you buy a world class player? 

13 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Then why it happens when you buy a world class player? 

Of course world class players can’t be great all the time. Coutinho for example he’s doing badly in Barca but doing great currently in Bayern

2 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Of course world class players can’t be great all the time. Coutinho for example he’s doing badly in Barca but doing great currently in Bayern

I understand your point. But in Coutinho example. He didn't forget how to drible or pass the ball right after signing for Barcelona and didn't instantly relearn after signing for Bayern. 

33 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I understand your point. But in Coutinho example. He didn't forget how to drible or pass the ball right after signing for Barcelona and didn't instantly relearn after signing for Bayern. 

and no-one's saying he did (drop to zero and then go back to full strength). but his skill levels may have gone from 75% good to 70% good.

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

and no-one's saying he did (drop to zero and then go back to full strength). but his skill levels may have gone from 75% good to 70% good.

Yup certainly what I was trying to say

4 hours ago, zaangie said:

>didnt forget how to dribble or pass the ball

Oh, they dropped to 0 did they ?

No, they drop 1 or 2 points at most, new player moves country to a new club of players he doesnt know, he isnt going to be perfect from day 1. It literally takes less than 4 in game weeks to get his stats back and he will rise, its realism, stop whinging.

3 hours ago, JonDoe said:

No, they drop 1 or 2 points at most, new player moves country to a new club of players he doesnt know, he isnt going to be perfect from day 1. It literally takes less than 4 in game weeks to get his stats back and he will rise, its realism, stop whinging.

And then you sell the player for another country and gains his stats back right after nice realism 👍

1 minute ago, zaangie said:

And then you sell the player for another country and gains his stats back right after nice realism 👍

Proof ? Hasn't happened on any of my saves. Snowflake generation ladies and gentlemen.

JonDoe, people here should feel free to post and comment ANY observations they see from the game.  IMO there is an arguement for both sides here as this is a debate, nobody deserves to be insulted in the process.

12 hours ago, JonDoe said:

Proof ? Hasn't happened on any of my saves. Snowflake generation ladies and gentlemen.

I don't need to prove anything to you but take this post I created last year. 

And stop being rude. You don't gain anything with that. 

18 hours ago, JonDoe said:

Thats interesting. They don't come back to normal for me, but i'll keep a better eye on it from now on.

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

I don't need to prove anything to you but take this post I created last year. 

And stop being rude. You don't gain anything with that. 

The Gladbach part might be due to the club reputation where he’s better than the club himself I guess?

1 hour ago, Lord Danish said:

The Gladbach part might be due to the club reputation where he’s better than the club himself I guess?

What do you mean? I was Gladbach manager and won everything. I quit the job and went to Chelsea. I noticed that the Gladbach players got upgraded right after I quit and Chelsea got downgrade when I accepted the offer. Then I quit again and they went back. 

2 minutes ago, zaangie said:

What do you mean? I was Gladbach manager and won everything. I quit the job and went to Chelsea. I noticed that the Gladbach players got upgraded right after I quit and Chelsea got downgrade when I accepted the offer. Then I quit again and they went back. 

Show us what the players like 4 weeks later?

7 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Owh lol I read it the wrong way

1 hour ago, zaangie said:

With any of these, it'll always be good to see a few real examples, if possible please. Before, after, and then a month later, for example.

Or send a copy of any save game where you're affected excessively to SI, using the process described in the bug list thread.

I suspect some of these things are affected somehow by the device used, although noone's confirmed that yet. But certainly, I've seen this sort of thing (personally I can only imagine it being really annoying if you sign a player with "loads of green" 15 and then he turns out to be "loads of blue" 14 - and still, that's more a visual irritation than affecting the game much, because he'll still be a good player) - and it's only lasted a week or two before the skills bounce back up. So not seeing the same effect, and clearly lots of others aren't too (or there'd be loads of people reporting it or agreeing that they see it). 

I appreciate it's irritating though and would be good to get resolved :)

3 hours ago, JonDoe said:

Show us what the players like 4 weeks later?

Like I said, it's from last year so I don't have the save game anymore. When I have the time I'll test this years version to check if still happens. At least it still happens when I buy/sell a player. 

7 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Like I said, it's from last year so I don't have the save game anymore. When I have the time I'll test this years version to check if still happens. At least it still happens when I buy/sell a player. 

Yes I understand that, but could you test it in fmm20 and post results when you are free ?

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

With any of these, it'll always be good to see a few real examples, if possible please. Before, after, and then a month later, for example.

Or send a copy of any save game where you're affected excessively to SI, using the process described in the bug list thread.

I suspect some of these things are affected somehow by the device used, although noone's confirmed that yet. But certainly, I've seen this sort of thing (personally I can only imagine it being really annoying if you sign a player with "loads of green" 15 and then he turns out to be "loads of blue" 14 - and still, that's more a visual irritation than affecting the game much, because he'll still be a good player) - and it's only lasted a week or two before the skills bounce back up. So not seeing the same effect, and clearly lots of others aren't too (or there'd be loads of people reporting it or agreeing that they see it). 

I appreciate it's irritating though and would be good to get resolved :)

Lol happened to me a few times especially on regens but it’s a no big deal though

31 minutes ago, Nizamuddin said:

The thing is, is this happen on MOBILE only?

Then it is a bug!

It does happens in PC version too. This happened during my AS Roma career in FM 19. So yeah it’s not a bug

I just did a quick test: 

I bought a player who had a few attributes drop on arrival. Then I compared the HEX values in the save file for the player, before and after the move, and the values for those attributes were the same. The only changes were for the player's reputation (went up a little) and one other number - I'm not sure what it does but it's not CA/PA or any of the attributes.

I think it's pretty likely that the attributes are modified slightly by things such as the level of the club and the competition they are in etc (or maybe something to do with the training system). I don't think it affects the attributes that have 0-20 values, only those that have 0-255 values (that are displayed/converted to 0-20). I'm pretty sure there is a complex formula to convert that to 0-20. I don't think we'll ever know exactly how it works.