Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 1k goals, no transfers in

Gingardo

Gonna start a 1 k goals challenge but without buying any players, only promoting from the youth team. Was thinking of either using man utd for mason greenwood or Ajax and develop the youngest striker they have 

I really like the idea of this. Might try it myself sometime. Mind you I'm such a sucker for buying players that I might not be able to do it! 😄

Anyway, good luck with this. I think Ajax would be more interesting as so many people are using Greenwood this year. But whichever way you go, good luck!

Having achieved the  1k and a separate  Goal a minute challenge’ without buying anyone a few versions ago, I would highly recommend Ajax or the team I used Benfica. 

The hardest position I had to fill was GK. Make sure your starting club has a good young GK ready to take over. I had to use a rubbish shot stopper about 6 years into the save with nobody better  coming through the ranks. 

I would probably steer clear of Man Utd on this. 

48 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Having achieved the  1k and a separate  Goal a minute challenge’ without buying anyone a few versions ago, I would highly recommend Ajax or the team I used Benfica. 

The hardest position I had to fill was GK. Make sure your starting club has a good young GK ready to take over. I had to use a rubbish shot stopper about 6 years into the save with nobody better  coming through the ranks. 

I would probably steer clear of Man Utd on this. 

Ajax already have Onana currently but for long term might be quite hard

21 hours ago, Gingardo said:

Gonna start a 1 k goals challenge but without buying any players, only promoting from the youth team. Was thinking of either using man utd for mason greenwood or Ajax and develop the youngest striker they have 

So after some thought and being a Man Utd supporter in real life , I decided to go with Ajax .🤪

Screenshot_20200101_095427_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200101_110629_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Can't buy any players but some wanted to leave so sold them and the used the cash to request from the board to upgrade both youth and main training facilities , as will need the youth players to be as good as possible

Screenshot_20200101_113034_com.sega.soccer.jpg

1 hour ago, Gingardo said:

Found this 16yr old in the youth team and retaining him to be a striker 

Screenshot_20200101_111117_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Ooh, he will be good! I'm using him for a 2KC at the moment. He looks like this for me and still has a little development left:

crazy-season04-41.jpg

He will be massive for you! Can't wait to see how he does.

Edit: Actually, just realised that I've played almost a whole season since that shot and he now has 18 Pace and 18 Stamina, along with 19 Movement and 17 Shooting. Been real quality for me.

Edited by Scratch

Good challenge to try, i did it with Middlesbrough last year and got 1k with Tavernier. It was more a labour of love as it is the team i support but was very satisfying using purely academy players. 

Season 1

So no transfers in only out.

Screenshot_20200110_002815_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Won the league, but with not buying any players to fill in holes ,tactics were hard to get to work. If anyone got injured caused me to have to use 4 different tactics in the season and the goals ended up coming from to many different players

Screenshot_20200110_002746_com.sega.soccer.jpg

So only got 23 in the first season and was tired most of the time due to low stamina.

But stats at the end of the season show promise for season 2

Screenshot_20200111_002926_com.sega.soccer.jpg

New recruits from youth and if I can keep the players together looks good for the future

Screenshot_20200110_005610_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200110_010002_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Here we go...

Screenshot_20200111_002926_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Edited by Gingardo
2 hours ago, MikeF said:

That GK hole might be hard to fill. I’m doing a double trouble with Ajax - how are their young keepers?

These are the 3 I've promoted and I use scherpen as my first choice and seems to be doing well so far

Screenshot_20200111_130956_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200111_131018_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200111_131045_com.sega.soccer.jpg

1 hour ago, Gingardo said:

These are the 3 I've promoted and I use scherpen as my first choice and seems to be doing well so far

Screenshot_20200111_130956_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200111_131018_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200111_131045_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Cool. He’s my back up for now. Seems solid enough for the league. 

Season 2

So didn't go that well for me , lost more players to bigger clubs 

Screenshot_20200113_015315_com.sega.soccer.jpg

But did get some okay youth players

Screenshot_20200113_020005_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Did win the league and the domestic cups

Screenshot_20200113_015256_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Was unlucky with injuries , had two 2 week ones and a 4 week one and the last part of the season hot stuck with "needs to mature"

Screenshot_20200112_170505_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Seems I forgot to take a screenshot of his goals scored , but it was only 23 again in 37 matches ... Not going that well hopefully will be able to keep the team together and develop them and tweak my tactics otherwise this will be a short challenge

Edited by Gingardo

Season 3

So after last season was gonna need to pull my finger out to get this challenge back on track.

Won the league 

Screenshot_20200114_073423_com.sega.soccer.jpg

My stats are okay , them seems stressed , but might be down to beginning about more harsh with warnings for bad performances

Screenshot_20200114_073344_com.sega.soccer.jpg

So he was stuck all season again with the needs to mature message 

Screenshot_20200114_073801_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Not sure how to get rid of this , but will hamper me if it carries on. Luckily my team stayed together and my players developed nicely 

Screenshot_20200114_073612_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200114_073553_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200114_073539_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200114_073525_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200114_073503_com.sega.soccer.jpg

And having a spare striker 

Screenshot_20200114_073639_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Meant the team played better and could rest him more without issue 

Screenshot_20200114_073752_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Which all seemed to pay off as he scored 41 in 40 matches .final going in the right direction

Screenshot_20200114_073825_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200114_073944_com.sega.soccer.jpg

89 / 1000 , slow start, need to see if I can get the Holland team job as well to help. 

Here's to season 4 and hopefully 60 is my target.

Edited by Gingardo

keep going mate. He is developing nicely and as soon as those better youngsters come through and mature you'll be banging them in no time.

This is great! I want to try one sometime but just like @Scratch I’m a shopaholic. I’ve spent 1B in a past just in first window... 

What I don’t understand is why do you sell your top guns? Who cares what they want? They’ll still perform. Ive had those two defs Alvarez and Martines for years. And yes they wanted to leave but it didn’t stop them on getting 7.3 average for years

Edited by Roman.F2P

I've done that in the past in different versions and been sacked due to lack of team harmony and then players not respecting me . So I find it easier to let the go and replace , just harder as my replacements are coming only from my youth team

Season 4

So won the league and stuff again

Screenshot_20200121_035309_com.sega.soccer.jpg

So he suffered from 3 injuries this season but still did okay 

Screenshot_20200121_050559_com.sega.soccer.jpg

So 36 in 36 okay 125 / 1000

But his stats are looking better

Screenshot_20200121_050328_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Hopefully season 5 it will all come together

Edited by Gingardo

So phone has had a fit and I've now lost the save file to this 1 k challenge, so unable to continue. Will look at starting it again with Ajax but will be in a week or so

8 minutes ago, Gingardo said:

So phone has had a fit and I've now lost the save file to this 1 k challenge, so unable to continue. Will look at starting it again with Ajax but will be in a week or so

Can't wait to see you try it again 

1 minute ago, Road2glory said:

Hi guys can someone quickly explain what the 1k challenge is, and the best teams to do it with. 

It's pretty much get one striker to score 1000 goals. There is no 'best teams' but better to start with a young player, most likely one off the wonderkids list and go from there. I know Greenwood/Silva have been common players this year. 

4 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

It's pretty much get one striker to score 1000 goals. There is no 'best teams' but better to start with a young player, most likely one off the wonderkids list and go from there. I know Greenwood/Silva have been common players this year. 

Ok thanks, Have you done this challenge and if so how successful have you been?