Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM20 Bug List

Mr Tree

Hello there!

I had a word with the site leaders and I will be administering this thread, trying to compile the issues and provide quick help if possible. We'll see how it goes (all feedback and suggestions welcome!).

FULL LIST UPDATED AS OF 13TH DECEMBER - ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT SI RELEASED THE FIRST PATCH (11.0.3) AND EVEN A SECOND ONE (11.0.4) ALREADY - AND NOW 11.0.5 IS OUT

Please just post here or let me know if i've missed anything etc...

GENERAL SI SUGGESTIONS

Their general recommendation is to log issues on their forums: https://community.sigames.com/forum/298-football-manager-mobile-technical-help-and-bugs-forum/

Otherwise, if you come across something odd within your save, upload a copy of your saved game from just before the odd occurrence to this link - make sure to change the filename first to something like Username_Description_of_Bug.dat - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 - it's best to confirm it here too so that they can match the filename and the issue. (you can also attach save game files to a thread if you start a topic on their forum).

Guide on how to access Android saves: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019-mobile/192_android/210_how-to/how-do-i-access-my-save-files-r776/
Guide on how to access iOS saves: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019-mobile/193_ios/206_how-to/how-do-i-access-my-save-files-r755/

If there's a bug within a match, save the match at the end (the down arrow at the top) and send a copy to SI describing the issue.

However, as @Ashezmentioned (on this thread and numerous times in the past), it would be good if there could be a better system to report bugs - maybe a future suggestion for SI?

MAJOR ISSUES

"FM20 Mobile unable to start" grey box (Android only?)

First posted by @Woody, who suggested deleting cache or data helps to fix the issue temporarily. @Helio@Scratch and @Schwantz34 also reported seeing this error in specific circumstances.

@Dan Dawsonasked for the device and the android OS so that they can investigate further, and @Alariconfirmed "we're looking into it at the moment".

Game doesn't open on ipad mini (iOS 9+) - FIXED in first patch

Reported by @sammummerythat the game closes straight away, whereas previous versions have worked fine

Dan Dawson confirmed the issue and said they are working on it as a priority

Continue button not working early in the game - FIXED in first patch

First noticed by @Krenzar, also reported by @Shoot the Moon, who sent a save game in to SI.

Download issue?

@mulamaposted an example where his game wouldn't download. Dan Dawson asked for the device details, mulama advised it's the Huawei GR3.

SMALLER ISSUES

Penalty shootout issue?

The game returns to the stats screen instead of staying with the shootout. First noticed by @HashtagTatica

Commentary-only mode messes up the display?

@Kaneganadded a screenshot showing a 4-0 win with only two scorers displayed. @Heliohad another example later on. SI would need a saved match to investigate this.

Commentary-only mode makes the first half disappear - FIXED?

Again @Kanegannoticed that when using commentary only, the game skips immediately to half-time. @Schwantz34 and @Muzza2108 mentioned this has happened to them too. Kanegan gave more details that it was EME and about 40-45% of the matches. @Dan Dawsonconfirmed this was due to the new preview screens offering the chance to "play" before the match had actually finished loading.

Injured player is not clear in the Tactics screen?

First noticed by @Trollbg, who said there's no red cross so you have to go back to the match screen to check

Loan rejected with no real explanation

Another one for @Trollbgwho said he had a loan deal lined up but then his club rejected it for no reason, and he could afford it fine... Not clear if this is a bug yet, might just have been loan restrictions...

Dusan Tadic shows as a pending transfer from Ajax to Ajax??

@DIRECTFXposted a screenshot showing this.

Can't log into Twitter to unlock the social achievement

@JonnyLovesaid he was encountering this issue when playing on his iPad (iOS13).

No message to say transfer deadline approaching or passed?

Something I noticed :)

Excessive messages regarding a player at another club being unhappy?

Something else that was irritating me :)

Season's best eleven announced in January now?

Not a game-stopper but the timing seems a bit odd here - first reported by @danK7RNY - @RobNemoo, myself and @Schwantz34have posted about this too.

Sometimes there's no option to discipline a player who just got a red card?

Something I spotted.

The "Most Recent" save shown is not always the actual most recent save?

Also something I saw.

3rd and 4th choice corner-takers don't take corners?

Seems this problem has carried over from last year - first reported by @hakuren7

Youth prospects retiring early?

@Manager7reported two players retiring at 16 just after being promoted, but unfortunately he didn't have the save game to verify and investigate this.

Second team has no fixtures?

Another from @Manager7, with the same issue that it couldn't be checked further. @JarvisSocceralso reported this.

Computer negotiating downwards on transfer offers?

@Lord Danishreported an issue where he big 36m but the other team asked him for 29m instead.

Kick-off is still done with two players rather than one. And your players can be in your penalty area on a goal-kick, but this doesn't show on the game.

Two minor aesthetic issues spotted by @Abuda9

News item stating the players want "a higher profile person to take the role" than seemingly very high-profile managers.

@Sharex15posted an example where Mourinho and Allegri were regarded as small-fry.

Sufficient funds but an artificial, and excessively low, cap on wages that can be offered?

@Sdtownsendposted an example of an old classic issue.

Computer using random grey players when they have sufficient normal players

@MikeFposted an example of this.

Young players called up for the national team are still playing for the U21's?

@Gs123reported this issue.

Computer assembling bizarre squads

@RobNemoosurely with an early winner here, taking on a new job where 9 of the 20-man squad were goalkeepers!!

Attributes change (drop) when you sign a player

@Snipposted an example of this - players can lose one or two points on a variety of attributes. Not sure we've ever had a good explanation for this? @Scratchdid post some details but it'd be good to hear from SI...

You loan out a player, his loan finishes at the start of the new season, and the news item states "he did not make a single appearance for the club" when he did actually, last season

Another carry-over from last year, first spotted here by @DutchTony

Computer accepting transfer bids for your club?

@Schwantz34spotted a problem here - awaiting more info

One of your own coaches winning Manager of the Month?

@Vaile23posted this amazing screenshot - proper wtf!

Contract negotiations skipped in transfer process?

@MikeFgave an example where a proposed transfer went immediately to confirmation - he clicked Yes and ended up with a player on much higher wages than his normal budget. This keeps popping up - @Vaile23posted about it too, as did @Snip, @DutchTony here, @pdm here, @RobNemoo here, @Thirsk here   - @kjihomentioned that he'd posted it on the SI forum.

Injury causing permanent drops to player ability?

@Massey127had an issue where a player got a 10-day injury but a few of his attributes went down by up to 3 points and never came back up, even after the player recovered.

Computer low-balling on bids for our players?

Seen it mentioned by a few but for example, @Massey127says every bid he's ever had is 40% of his players' values.

The Formation on your Manager Profile page seems to stay as 4-4-2

First noticed by @kjiho, confirmed by myself, @Lord Danishand @Faffie203- it doesn't seem to change.

Chairman barging in to accept offers and handle transfer details, especially annoying when larger offers were rejected just before.

A very annoying bug for @MikeF- recording it as a bug because there's no sensible explanation for the chairman taking 20mill less than was on the table a week before.

Board Confidence all "resetting" to 50%

@GrouchoLeninposted a screenshot where his confidence all levels all went back to 50% after a few months.

Player retiring at 26?

Another @MikeFexample - obviously it can happen but it seemed a little unlikely and would be annoying if it happens regularly.

National team squad confirmation issue in 2023

@SonTungSTposted an example where he was asked to confirm his squad for the "upcoming matches" that he'd just played.

Players on loan don't play for the national team if they're called up?

@Gs123mentioned this issue and said it's been reported before.

Losing a player outside the transfer window!

@Lav50had a very frustrating one where his player's contract was expiring soon, so he went to renegotiate, agreed the contract, but suddenly got a news item saying Wolfsburg had signed him (on the same wage).

Receiving the percentage sell-on as part of the transfer?

Another strange one for @MikeFbest summed up by the news item: "Wycombe have received 25.5m because of a sell-on clause activated by the player's transfer from Wycombe to Roma" ?!?!

Transfer exploit - a way to sign players for less than you need to

As detailed by @Afmadowhere, if you win a bidding war, then withdraw in contract negotiations but immediately re-bid and select Enquiry, you can revert to the lowpoint of bidding and it will be accepted.

Strange short loans happening in leagues that finish outside the "standard" times

@Lav50posted an example of players being loaned from his Danish team and coming back a few days later.

Messages for actions for teams that are not your own!

@MikeFhas had a couple of strange ones, here and here - confirming a loan that wasn't related to him, and then receiving a news item about investment in a different club, and a graphic showing the cheque for that club!

Form screen not showing accurate stats

@DaBla27had an issue where his striker had 16 goals but the Form screen showed only two. @Dan Dawsonasked for a copy of the game.

Pages showing incorrectly on Staff search

@Sasha2had an issue where Page 1 of his search was showing as Page 2 - @Louie Silvanisaid they were aware and the issue was under review.

Issue with players taking staff roles

@JonnyLovesaid that when offering his players staff roles, he couldn't then offer any playing contract or promote/demote them. @Dan Dawsonsaid this shouldn't be a problem, so he was going to investigate it.

You keep being informed about Mentoring development from your old club

@Lav50reported this one, and I've seen it in my game too.

No youth promotions?

@Nepeg808said that after a couple of seasons, they never get any more players promoted at the start of a new season.

Manager's Best XI showing incomplete

@Nucleusposted an example showing his team with only 10 players! @Dan Dawsonmentioned the format had changed for these so there was probably a knock-on effect. He was able to replicate it so it's under investigation.

Mentoring causing some attributes to go down rather than up

@Faffie203wrote about this issue and @Scratchadded his findings. @Dan Dawsonsaid this shouldn't happen so he's investigating.

News item about a player wanting a new contract, but then he doesn't want to negotiate terms

@Nucleusposted an example of this.

Don't try the combination of Australia England Spain and Germany (for now!)

@william815said his game wouldn't start when he tried this - @Dan Dawsonconfirmed they'd reproduced this error so they're investigating it.

Match data seems to be all messed up if you look at it later from the Fixtures page

Issue reported by @simmah1

Finishing 5th in the EPL but not qualifying for Euro Cup, but Championship teams are playing in the Euro Cup!

@Rjordanfm2020reported this issue - @James Aasked for a copy so they could look into it.

Extra coaches appearing in your Staff?

@Snipposted an example where he had acquired a new coach without his knowledge.

Reserves playing unfit players

I posted an example where I put an injured striker in the reserves, they played him before he was ready and he got more injured.

Can't see the new ball?!

@Alarisaid they will work on a hi-vis version for a future release.

TYPOS

- "US Virgin Islands" written as "Us Virgin Islands" on the manager nationality screen. Reported by @DIRECTFX

- @danK7RNYposted a screenshot where a player's name was replaced by "string#2".

- I spotted one where it said "<Player> gave the reason that he Fed up" instead of "<Player> gave the reason that he is fed up" (or whatever!)

- @MikeFposted a screenshot showing the same player being praised for a good game and criticised for a bad game after a match

- @MikeFfound another where it said his reserves lost 3-1 but according to the match screen it was just 2-1.

- @Infernohad an odd one where it said his keeper was being mentored and "should be able to improve his heading of the ball". Maybe this meant to say "Aerial Ability"? :) Dan Dawson acknowledged it as a "knock on from a fix we made to mentoring" and said he'll "let the dev team know this has cropped up".

- @RobNemoochanged jobs and his old assistant coach was mentioned as the "current manager" of the Reserves for the new club.

- @SonTungSTposted an example showing two completely different tables both with the heading "English Reserves Group 1". Maybe one should have been 10 or 11?

- @Lord Danishposted a screenshot where the Young Player of the Month text happily says that his player is 2nd and 3rd (same player), then congratulates him for having two of the top three!

NOT BUGS

Chelsea transfer ban - it's impractical to actually implement this on the game. Similar for Panathinaikos 3yr ban from Europe.

Star ratings going up and down - this is part of the game.

Full development bar but they're not making a leap? @Marc Vaughanexplained there are a few options here.

Expanded Club World Championship kicking in from 2021, so UCL runner-up and UEL winner qualify. And it becomes every four years from that point, so winning the UCL in 2022 doesn't mean you play in CWC in 2023...

Can't promote players from reserves to first team (or vice versa?) - it could be they're "full", so you need to move some players down (or up) first.

Full names can't be accessed for players with nicknames.

Finishing 1st in your Europa League group, in future seasons, will mean you have direct qualification - so don't be alarmed that the next round is played without you, you'll be back in soon!

After a new update, sometimes the opening screen stays "stuck" - the game is just loading/updating, so leave it and it will be ok. If it is stuck though, @Dan Dawsonsuggested "Can you try closing your other apps/ reset the phone / connect your phone to your pc and delete the game and help_data files in \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 Mobile\normal\cache (this wont clear your saves)."

Getting a larger budget than mentioned in the Vibe guide - these can vary due to reputation etc.

Europa League draws being made in advance (semi-final draw being made before quarter-finals, etc).

I would like to stress that we do appreciate this thread, but it is also a lot easier for us to track stuff if logged on our own forums in the bugs area - so if something seems like it really needs attention, please do dive in there.

Found my first bug. When I started I got to July 9th and the continue button would not work. So I figured I’d try again and see if it worked but this time July 5th came and it didn’t work 

13BF26B7-C34D-4EAE-B5EB-65F47D090616.png

261E90C2-89A0-4B52-8712-03B354F77F4C.png

Don't know if it's a bug but in penalty shootouts, after a penalty the game navigates back to the main stats screen and doesn't revert back to the match when the next penalty is taken

Well i have found an annoying bug. When playing with commentary only, the match screen is all messed up. Half of the scorers are not being shown in it.

Screenshot_2019-11-19-09-38-44-55.thumb.png.5baa67cd10c8f01ac409210c0da98920.pngScreenshot_2019-11-19-10-05-42-71.thumb.png.779089629713d20d4ca8234145cd6555.png

Also, it is skipping to half-time whenever i am starting the match.

Edited by Kanegan

Anybody had this?

Screenshot_2019-11-19-07-24-45.thumb.png.bb01ef88129bd4bf0393f4474456ab13.png

Ive got more than enough storage left and it aint being used as a storage medium either so i'm guessing the d/l is corrupted 😕

Not even started a game yet 😂😂😂

**UPDATE: deleting cache and or data fixes this issue for how long i'm not sure**

Edited by Woody
34 minutes ago, Woody said:

Anybody had this?

Ive got more than enough storage left and it aint being used as a storage medium either so i'm guessing the d/l is corrupted 😕

**UPDATE: deleting cache and or data fixes this issue for how long i'm not sure**

I just got this in December playing in Denmark after going on holiday. 

9 minutes ago, Helio said:

I just got this in December playing in Denmark after going on holiday. 

OK so I deleted cache and data, reloaded the automatic save and it crashed again, at the same exact moment than the first time. When tapping on the enveloppe to read the second to last message left (from 5 total). 

7 minutes ago, Helio said:

OK so I deleted cache and data, reloaded the automatic save and it crashed again, at the same exact moment than the first time. When tapping on the enveloppe to read the second to last message left (from 5 total). 

Mine never reached the start a game screen so i got lucky i think.

Is it ok if you start a new save?

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Anybody had this?

I'm getting this quite often on Android. It seems to happen when I've left the game for a while and then try to open it again. If I close it properly (look at recent apps and swipe it away), then I can reopen it successfully without needing to clear the cache or anything etc. cc @Alari

EDIT: I guess the real solution is to not stop playing! 😄

Edited by Scratch
42 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I'm getting this quite often on Android. It seems to happen when I've left the game for a while and then try to open it again. If I close it properly (look at recent apps and swipe it away), then I can reopen it successfully without needing to clear the cache or anything etc. cc @Alari

EDIT: I guess the real solution is to not stop playing! 😄

Its a good excuse! 😂😂

Anyone else watching this thread like a hawk to see if it's worth buying the game or not?  The bugs raised last year was enough to put me off altogether.

23 minutes ago, DaBla27 said:

Anyone else watching this thread like a hawk to see if it's worth buying the game or not?  The bugs raised last year was enough to put me off altogether.

Same haha

Just now, russy said:

Same haha

Thing is, I really really want to start a game.  It's one of these things in life where you get this massive urge to start a career with someone in Football Manager and lose weeks of your life.  However if playing it becomes a total pain because of bugs it's enough to put you right off.

@Helio @Woody @Scratch

Hi guys, i'll try and reproduce this internally today.
What devices are you using and what android OS are you on? And are you all playing in Denmark?

This will be easier for us to follow on our Android Technical Bugs Forum here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/733-android-technical-issues-for-fm20-mobile/ if you want to create a thread.

If you could make a post and add any saves you have from before the time of the issue i'd be happy to check them out.

Thanks, Dan

6 hours ago, Krenzar said:

Found my first bug. When I started I got to July 9th and the continue button would not work. So I figured I’d try again and see if it worked but this time July 5th came and it didn’t work 

13BF26B7-C34D-4EAE-B5EB-65F47D090616.png

261E90C2-89A0-4B52-8712-03B354F77F4C.png

Hi,

could you report this over on our forums and send us over a save so we can see what's going on?

6 minutes ago, Dan Dawson said:

@Helio @Woody @Scratch

What devices are you using and what android OS are you on? And are you all playing in Denmark?

This will be easier for us to follow on our Android Technical Bugs Forum here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/733-android-technical-issues-for-fm20-mobile/ if you want to create a thread.

If you could make a post and add any saves you have from before the time of the issue i'd be happy to check them out.

Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan.

Im on latest Android on Note 10 and yes i was loading up Denmark.

13 minutes ago, Dan Dawson said:

@Helio @Woody @Scratch

Thanks, Dan

Mine was with England, not Denmark. Android 8.0.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. Will make a post over there if it happens again (although I'm not really playing at the moment unfortunately)...

1 hour ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

Hi,

could you report this over on our forums and send us over a save so we can see what's going on?

what's the best way to send a save?

16 hours ago, Alari said:

I would like to stress that we do appreciate this thread, but it is also a lot easier for us to track stuff if logged on our own forums in the bugs area - so if something seems like it really needs attention, please do dive in there.

yep, and i think similarly, we appreciate you, but there will always be some people who only use Vibe and won't use the SI site. and we seem to have a special gift for finding obscure bugs :D (i.e. we are a bunch of lunatics who play far too much!)

HI,

I have downloaded the game today but when I open it up on the Ipad Mini I have it quits out automatically after the title screen (I have tried resetting the ipad, clearing cache etc..) all other years of the game including FMM19 have worked perfectly and at normal speed. The system is ios 9.3.5 and it says on the app page it requires ios 9.0 and over?

Can anyone help?

5 minutes ago, sammummery said:

HI,

I have downloaded the game today but when I open it up on the Ipad Mini I have it quits out automatically after the title screen (I have tried resetting the ipad, clearing cache etc..) all other years of the game including FMM19 have worked perfectly and at normal speed. The system is ios 9.3.5 and it says on the app page it requires ios 9.0 and over?

Can anyone help?

You are probably more likely to get constructive help at the Sigames forums. You have at least covered the basics, so sounds like a device specific bug. Is this tablet on the supported devices list (if they provided any).

5 minutes ago, RobNemoo said:

You are probably more likely to get constructive help at the Sigames forums. You have at least covered the basics, so sounds like a device specific bug. Is this tablet on the supported devices list (if they provided any).

Thanks for replying, I have just posted the query at the SI games forum. There are no devices listed for FM2020 (unlike FM Touch) it just says it needs iOS 9.0 or more.

15 minutes ago, sammummery said:

HI,

Can anyone help?

Looking into this is a priority for the dev team, something is causing this crash specifically for the ipad mini.