Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM20 Bug List

Mr Tree

Getting pissed off with this game now, every year I buy it and every year it doesn't work. I can almost guarantee WHEN they do an update there'll be more things that break. Honestly makes me want to baseball bat my phone straight over a field.

On 04/01/2020 at 00:21, DutchTony said:

I have tested selling the same player over and over again. I have reloaded to exactly the same point literally at least 20 times and offered the same player for various amounts. I have done this exercise with many different players in a few different clubs. I have noticed the following.

Let's say for example the player earns 100K per week and is valued at 50M. If I offer the player for 70M I will get 3 clubs offer 70M. Even if they are top clubs, the player may not agree terms. Ok, time to quit and reload. I offer the same player for 67M. The same 3 clubs offer 67M and again the player may not agree terms. I continue to reload and go down in price by 2 or 3 million until finally the player will accept terms with one of these clubs. Let's say he agrees terms and the fee is 61M for example. I will reload and offer him for 62M. Again the same 3 clubs bid but do not agree terms. Then I offer 61M again and the player agrees terms.

I also notice that there is a 5M-10M window where the 3 clubs that bid for a certain player will always be the same. Say between 60M and 70M it's always Bayern, Man Utd, Barca for example, the player may not agree terms. Then in the 50M-60M window a different 3 clubs will bid. Maybe Tottenham, Roma, Lazio. Maybe the player will agree terms or maybe not. If not then go down to the 10M window and another 3 clubs bid who are smaller clubs than the previous 3. The player will agree terms with these lesser clubs with the lesser transfer fee. Whilst I am doing this over and over again, sometimes I will go down in 1M increments to make sure it is always exactly the same 3 teams in a 5M-10M bracket bidding.

It also doesn't matter if you offer the player higher or lower than his value.

I'm probably explaining it poorly but its late and been a long day. The point is when these top clubs bid the big money and the player doesn't agree terms, but will agree terms with say Southampton for 30M less than the big clubs offered, the game becomes a joke. I believe there is basically a transfer fee cap for each player depending on his value, age, playing time and other variables etc. Otherwise why would Shaqiri not go to Barcelona for £40M when they bid for him or other top top top clubs for between 30M-40M? Instead he will agree terms with Southampton or Lyon for 22M!!! Also why would he not agree terms with Southampton or Lyon when they bid 23M? Noooooo he rejects them but for 22M he'll sign the contract. That right there is the thing that pisses me off the most. There is no denying it's bullshit when a player will not agree terms with the same clubs for a higher fee but will agree terms for the exact same lower fee - every single time! 

I'll do some similar testing, i feel like the size of the club should be playing more of a role here.

What's happening is that the clubs are calculating (Budget) = (Transfer Value) + (Wage) x (Contract Length)
And the player cares about Wage & other personal and club factors. Transfer asking price going down means there's a larger offer for the wage to the player behind the scenes & so they're more likely to accept.

The smaller clubs coming in at a certain interval and having more success is not something i'd expect, well reported.

On 04/01/2020 at 01:33, Lord Danish said:

When I moved club FC Cincinnati to Shinnik Yaroslavl this happened

6330FE57-06E1-4FD6-ABB0-94F89433B192.thumb.png.71090d26733e1b3943ddc613bc95a65f.png

This is not my current team. This is FC Cincinnati squad.

A0046231-E366-45B2-A415-BC15531BA8EA.thumb.png.997d2e65bcc2c63be745c954b2459fe4.png

This is

Have you got a save? Very strange indeed.

On 04/01/2020 at 10:54, DocStrange said:

Below are some issues I have observed with FMM2020 amongst others.

FMM2020

1. Game is stuck on the second season. 24th of June, 2021. Game doesn't proceed beyond this point. (Processing retirements on the processing screen).

2. AI always bid way below my player's worth. (In one case amongst several,  wanted to buy Lautaro Martinez from Inter Milan worth £33million for £17million. He wasn't even on the transfer list).

3. AI always sell their player to me way above actual worth but same player will go to other AI clubs for lesser amount if I ignore or replay.

4. Some young players despite being happy and playing beyond their squad status refused to renew their contract and they are in the last season of their contract. 

5. Couldn't fine/discipline a player who received a red card in the last match. Though it happened only once. (I am a disciplinarian).

6. Match day attendance doesn't show during the match. Is it a new thing or a bug? Also I can't view my match attendance in match reports (in one of my saves) because the stadium name is too long. Can't the attendance be on a separate line because on the screen, there's a lot of space to accommodate more information.

1. Do you have a save for this?  This is an issue we are currently trying to solve with some people also having a similar problem.

2.  Think this is something that many have had issues with (understandably). I think at the moment AI clubs are not willing to pay both more money for fees and wages so end up bidding less? When playing myself, I notice that I need to offer players out for less if I am wanting to shift a player who has high wages. 

3. Think this is probably linked to above issues people have spoken about.

4. Are they giving a reason for not signing a new contract? 

5. What competition were they sent off in?

6. Could  you provide a screenshot of this where you can't see the attendance? 

Just now, Lord Danish said:

Yes but I’ve moved club so does that counts?

It's likely too late - thanks anyway. I'll add it to the hit list & try and reproduce myself.

Just now, Dan Dawson said:

It's likely too late - thanks anyway. I'll add it to the hit list & try and reproduce myself.

Ahh sorry. Thanks btw

On 04/01/2020 at 08:54, Mr Tree said:

Posted a few examples of this on my career thread, but this is the worst yet - whatever way you're working out League Best XI selections must be a bit wonky if it's concluding that the guy you elsewhere picked as the best one has someone ahead of him...

299947727_Screenshot_20191231-201141_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.c0fe7e6ef5f28da35b03bf12b3c6ddd9.jpg

8240385_Screenshot_20191231-201214_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.ce7f975af333305e63fc8115d931423d.jpg

Also, I'm not sure how the Italian Cup works, but I didn't seem to have a game in it all this year - I checked the cup fixtures and teams below Serie C (without a division) were in it, so I'd have thought I "qualified" (I was 2nd in C/B the previous season too).

1926108077_Screenshot_20191231-140652_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.152326133960ff69da411cc50be1ca0b.jpg

I think best XI's need alot of dev attention, i have a few issues logged but there are bug fixes for more integral gameplay issues getting looked at first

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:14, RP21Houdini said:

Im not sure if my post has been seen so I'll repost it here.

So this has been a regular issue in my save where clubs keep rejecting my offers for players although i already activated their release clause, usually this happened because they want a percentage fee but i thought when you activate a release clause you must accept it and cannot negotiate it anymore. This is one example on Fabio Silva:

162607.thumb.jpg.6f4dc5e0a48b2435fb3e6f9a290aa89e.jpg162601.thumb.jpg.efe1cb8bb0eb6224e15161de805aed8d.jpg162602.thumb.jpg.903e83b98d529e1fe616a6dfee9e166f.jpg162603.thumb.jpg.fe47e565f19e8a613951bd92eb26fae5.jpg162604.thumb.jpg.5f27a77fee78802118275521e739c0a0.jpg162605.thumb.jpg.6f79b5298540e2e20cdf9758fc0ed687.jpg162606.thumb.jpg.cfbb3854a2fe2b4c21e5517122534e20.jpg

This all happened in one negotiation where i keep pressing "suggest terms". One other thing that i noticed is that although the message said that the club wanted a bigger percentage, it doesnt actually show how much do they want (Like when you enquire a player), i didn't decrease the percentage to 0%, it just doesn't change even though i kept pressing the suggest terms button. (I already tried to offer bigger sell on percentage before this negotiation but they keep rejecting them because i dont know how much they exactly want, I tried to buy him a few times)

If I was wrong about any of these please let me know. Thank you.

I've managed to reproduce this on our end, A work around for this issue is to change your currency to 'UK Pound Sterling' when making a transfer like this. In the mean time I will log this with our dev team.

2 hours ago, Dan Dawson said:

One of your initial posts was on July 1st & the issue i was concerned about was the change we had made to the code regarding bidding wars, i probably did overlook this seperate issue (July 1st none of these player personal traits would have been generated). I see your second post was later into the save. I imagine what's happening is that the market value for Dalot is simply too low for them to offer him a good contract at these higher values & so that's overriding his intention to get out of the club. 

I'll do some testing as to when these "desperate to leave" remarks and transfer requests are generated and if its having the intended effect on the likelihood of getting a transfer through. The issue will be nuanced, however, because we'll have to balance the ease with which you can drive players out & how likely other clubs are to take these players. We can't make the transfer system too easy and under the bonnet there's alot going on with player values and thus the wage they're calculated to deserve depreciating while they dont play etc. I agree the game is probably miscommunicating and that's the source of frustration.

Understood, thanks for explaining.

I also found a bug where if VAR confirms a goal stands, the opposing players (the team that just allowed a goal) stay at the positions they were defending prior to the goal even when the match restarts. Also, the replay says “Manchester United’s defenders” when it should be West Ham’s. I’ve got the pkm if you need it.

50BB16C4-D110-415B-86EA-EFC4A5BB3B01.png

AEA5E415-C11C-4750-A725-005ED831AA70.png

3BA28819-A51A-4BAD-A363-533914114BED.png

18 minutes ago, kjiho said:

Understood, thanks for explaining.

I also found a bug where if VAR confirms a goal stands, the opposing players (the team that just allowed a goal) stay at the positions they were defending prior to the goal even when the match restarts. Also, the replay says “Manchester United’s defenders” when it should be West Ham’s. I’ve got the pkm if you need it.

50BB16C4-D110-415B-86EA-EFC4A5BB3B01.png

AEA5E415-C11C-4750-A725-005ED831AA70.png

3BA28819-A51A-4BAD-A363-533914114BED.png

Hi, I think we have a similar issue that ha sbeen logged but the PKM would definitely be of use to us, especially for the commentary issue you've shown us!

On 05/01/2020 at 10:00, Mochamad Amin said:

Xiaomi redmi note 5 bro

added 0 minutes later

It doesn't work my friend

Could you delete the game data via your phone settings, uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it? Also could you send us a screenshot of your User Interface settings?

We're not having the same issue on the Redmi Note 5 that we have

A couple of Bugs I have found in training (unsure if anyone else has noticed this).

1) Players roles change from what I have set. No one handles training other than me

2) I select the position for the player but it does not update them to that position. They train in that position and become accomplished but it does not mark them as being trained in that position or allow me to change the role they train in.

Both of these are random and only happen to some players most are fine but some just switch around or stick as described.

1 hour ago, JonnyLove said:

A couple of Bugs I have found in training (unsure if anyone else has noticed this).

1) Players roles change from what I have set. No one handles training other than me

2) I select the position for the player but it does not update them to that position. They train in that position and become accomplished but it does not mark them as being trained in that position or allow me to change the role they train in.

Both of these are random and only happen to some players most are fine but some just switch around or stick as described.

Hi Jonny

Could you give examples (or screenshots/saves) who both these points happen with? 

When they become accomplished do you get a news item? And then it won't allow you to change their role?

1 hour ago, JonnyLove said:

Happened to me too, I thought someone has posted about this so I didn't post anything about it

43 minutes ago, Louie Silvani said:

Hi Jonny

Could you give examples (or screenshots/saves) who both these points happen with? 

When they become accomplished do you get a news item? And then it won't allow you to change their role?

@Louie SilvaniIsn't that the same issue as many many people have reported here, and has been raised at least 3 times on the SI Games forums (each with a response that the devs are investigating)? It could be something else, but sure sounds like the same thing.

If it helps, this is the logic I found happening for me on Android (posted on page 16) :

-------

I *think* I've worked out the logic (not 100% sure yet): it's be something to do with the player's original position. If you start as a left winger and train up as a striker, then later you can either:

- Stay training as a striker forever if you want to;
- Go back to training as left winger; or
- Go retrain another position

BUT if you leave training as a striker (ie choose 2 or 3) then you can *never* go back to training as a striker (it's not your natural position and you've mastered it, job done, move on).

The way they've done it is a little clunky: a) you think you've changed positions but you actually haven't; b) if you are on a retrained position and try to go to another one it won't leave you there when it fails, it will take you back to the original; - but basically now you can only retrain them in a non bright green position once. 

------

Other people have said that once a player is injured it will automatically set them back to their natural position when they are fit again (so my first point is wrong - it's not forever!).

And I didn't cover it above, but if you try to retrain a position and it doesn't let you (ie retraining screen goes back to the original), the player still has the focus role choice for the position you wanted to set them to - ie using my eg above, if you try to retrain a left winger as a striker, then try to retrain them as a striker again, it will put them to be training as a left winger, but you still have the choice of target man, poacher etc for focus role. That happens at least some of the time, maybe not all the time, not 100% sure.

Anyway, that's what's happening for me in case it helps. I hope you get to the bottom of it! 🙂

Edited by Scratch
7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

@Louie SilvaniIsn't that the same issue as many many people have reported here, and has been raised at least 3 times on the SI Games forums (each with a response that the devs are investigating)? It could be something else, but sure sounds like the same thing.

If it helps, this is the logic I found happening for me on Android (posted on page 16) :

-------

I *think* I've worked out the logic (not 100% sure yet): it's be something to do with the player's original position. If you start as a left winger and train up as a striker, then later you can either:

- Stay training as a striker forever if you want to;
- Go back to training as left winger; or
- Go retrain another position

BUT if you leave training as a striker (ie choose 2 or 3) then you can *never* go back to training as a striker (it's not your natural position and you've mastered it, job done, move on).

The way they've done it is a little clunky: a) you think you've changed positions but you actually haven't; b) if you are on a retrained position and try to go to another one it won't leave you there when it fails, it will take you back to the original; - but basically now you can only retrain them in a non bright green position once. 

------

Other people have said that once a player is injured it will automatically set them back to their natural position when they are fit again (so my first point is wrong - it's not forever!).

And I didn't cover it above, but if you try to retrain a position and it doesn't let you (ie retraining screen goes back to the original), the player still has the focus role choice for the position you wanted to set them to - ie using my eg above, if you try to retrain a left winger as a striker, then try to retrain them as a striker again, it will put them to be training as a left winger, but you still have the choice of target man, poacher etc for focus role. That happens at least some of the time, maybe not all the time, not 100% sure.

Anyway, that's what's happening for me in case it helps. I hope you get to the bottom of it! 🙂

Thanks for the response, what you have posted is slightly different to what I have seen before regarding retraining (I have been working on the fix for the last point you made about the focus position and role). I think it is probably directly linked but I'm going to make sure it isn't happening separately of that just to be sure.

The injury one we are aware of too!

Thanks again!

Not a big one, but I suppose this shouldn't happen. My assistant just suggested that Haaland should be mentored by Suarez and said it could help his development even though when I tried to find a mentor for Haaland it said that he couldn't benefit from any more mentoring. In this save Suarez has just recently finished mentoring Haaland and a few weeks later this news came out in the inbox.164652.thumb.jpg.8194b6df111e0cab6c894feb38669d7f.jpg164653.thumb.jpg.e79636684cb5f269d730f2fd6c62708a.jpg

15 minutes ago, RP21Houdini said:

Not a big one, but I suppose this shouldn't happen. My assistant just suggested that Haaland should be mentored by Suarez and said it could help his development even though when I tried to find a mentor for Haaland it said that he couldn't benefit from any more mentoring. In this save Suarez has just recently finished mentoring Haaland and a few weeks later this news came out in the inbox.164652.thumb.jpg.8194b6df111e0cab6c894feb38669d7f.jpg164653.thumb.jpg.e79636684cb5f269d730f2fd6c62708a.jpg

This would be a useful thing to tidy up, i'll send this over to the devs.

I have experienced a bug where I was trying to sign Havertz in my Man Utd save at the start of the second season. I offered ridiculous money 98 million and they declined it, even though the enquiry said they wanted 93 million. I then made an offer of 98 million plus James Garner which they refused and instead said they wanted £0 plus James Garner. I offered £500 plus the player and it got accepted.

Screenshot_20200109-093812_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Has anybody encountered the news item skip since the last update? the update was around the 17th of Dec. 

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, Colbeck18 said:

I have experienced a bug where I was trying to sign Havertz in my Man Utd save at the start of the second season. I offered ridiculous money 98 million and they declined it, even though the enquiry said they wanted 93 million. I then made an offer of 98 million plus James Garner which they refused and instead said they wanted £0 plus James Garner. I offered £500 plus the player and it got accepted.

Screenshot_20200109-093812_FM20 Mobile.jpg

I'll take a look at this. A save would be helpful here as i couldn't reproduce it with Havertz at the start of a new game.

Two ridiculous ones here. I don't have the saves because I can't be bothered to store them and the method for submitting them is too fiddly for lazy old me, sorry.

Player demands pay cut:

1834475632_Screenshot_20200102-175313_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.15a60344f5033893898dfd45fce5fe9b.jpg

1000677679_Screenshot_20200102-175318_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.a900b1584a1f04a729148208f30ed847.jpg

58186137_Screenshot_20200102-175352_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.c1e42dda60cf0ead51bbb086c093c08b.jpg

If my maths is right, the "extra" he's signed up to is the equivalent of approx €1.5k per week for 2034-35. And he's agreed to reduce his weekly take-home pay over the next 15 months for the pleasure. There's just no way this would happen in real life, for a player of his calibre performing as well as he is, let alone in the context of "deserving a better contract" :)

Wrong man banned:

my great new striker got himself sent off twice this year:

239686346_Screenshot_20200103-211615_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.38f264585edae8b075182cfa88d0e42d.jpg

Both times it happened, this news item popped up:

275355224_Screenshot_20200103-211605_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.5a641f4b97bdc4d9f86b30240d57b216.jpg

So I would lose my striker for one game (that didn't get scrapped) - and my BWM for two! Obviously just a bug, a fluke one-off I haven't seen otherwise, and I have 28 defensive midfielders so it wasn't a total disaster, but still, a bit annoying :)

Edited by Mr Tree
On 08/01/2020 at 11:27, Louie Silvani said:

Hi Jonny

I shall see what I can do but its not about being accomplished in their role. It's about me setting the training  for the player to play in the position and role I want them to play and the game changing this for no reason or not allowing me to.

This isn't a retraining issue parse but the fact it doesn't keep or take what I just told it to do. Again it's not every play but it happens sometimes.

This also isn't an issue with the player saying he won't retrain. 

Hope that makes a bit more sense

I see the award of the team of the season in serie a. I can only see the current season? Why not the seasons before?  And also the award from team of the month? But some other awards you can  see the previous seasons.

4085AE2E-726C-4BE5-B5CC-435E76651AA1.png

18 hours ago, JonnyLove said:

I shall see what I can do but its not about being accomplished in their role. It's about me setting the training  for the player to play in the position and role I want them to play and the game changing this for no reason or not allowing me to.

This isn't a retraining issue parse but the fact it doesn't keep or take what I just told it to do. Again it's not every play but it happens sometimes.

This also isn't an issue with the player saying he won't retrain. 

Hope that makes a bit more sense

I think your second issue we have been looking at and should have a fix for.

Your first point about the player roles changing randomly sounds a bit odd so if you find an example of that please do let us know. 

Thanks

More madness here (and I note with sorrow that my posts aren't being addressed by the good people from SI :( )

My fan favourite CB attracted bids and alas I hadn't noticed his value soaring while he had a release clause...

So, one of my favourite little tricks in this scenario is to jump in and offer a new contract rather than addressing the bids. Agreeing the new contract seems to automatically reject the bids.

But he wanted more money than I could offer :(

And then he was gone. Immediately, outside the transfer window!

1976720143_Screenshot_20200110-103633_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.0d8a97f26767578ea32ee5d6435ddc02.jpg

Fortunately it's bearable, but it still blows.

For what it's worth, one of the reasons I can bear this is that I can call a player back from loan, which is not how it works in real life. And sell-on clauses don't work on the game like they do in real life - in real life, the sell-on applies to the profit only, not to the whole amount.

9 hours ago, Faffie203 said:

I see the award of the team of the season in serie a. I can only see the current season? Why not the seasons before?  And also the award from team of the month? But some other awards you can  see the previous seasons.

4085AE2E-726C-4BE5-B5CC-435E76651AA1.png

i'll log this, i've been trying to streamline these types of awards as they were added at different times and so aren't conisitent with one another.

30 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

More madness here (and I note with sorrow that my posts aren't being addressed by the good people from SI :( )

My fan favourite CB attracted bids and alas I hadn't noticed his value soaring while he had a release clause...

So, one of my favourite little tricks in this scenario is to jump in and offer a new contract rather than addressing the bids. Agreeing the new contract seems to automatically reject the bids.

But he wanted more money than I could offer :(

And then he was gone. Immediately, outside the transfer window!

1976720143_Screenshot_20200110-103633_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.0d8a97f26767578ea32ee5d6435ddc02.jpg

Fortunately it's bearable, but it still blows.

For what it's worth, one of the reasons I can bear this is that I can call a player back from loan, which is not how it works in real life. And sell-on clauses don't work on the game like they do in real life - in real life, the sell-on applies to the profit only, not to the whole amount.

I'll test this out! - We've been looking for this bug for quite a while now. Sorry if we didn't get to your other post - we've got a list of things noted on this thread, unfortunately if the bug is a freak occurance and you dont have a save it's not particularly efficient for us to blindly hope for it to appear again. Some of these bugs require specific circumstances multiple seasons into the game, so if the dev can't immediately understand where to jump to in the code from the screenshots, there's not much else we can do. 

With this post we've got some steps to reproduce which is the next best thing apart from the save.

Just now, Dan Dawson said:

I'll test this out! - We've been looking for this bug for quite a while now. Sorry if we didn't get to your other post - we've got a list of things noted on this thread, unfortunately if the bug is a freak occurance and you dont have a save it's not particularly efficient for us to blindly hope for it to appear again. Some of these bugs require specific circumstances multiple seasons into the game, so if the dev can't immediately understand where to jump to in the code from the screenshots, there's not much else we can do. 

With this post we've got some steps to reproduce which is the next best thing apart from the save.

cheers boss. there were actually a couple of others in recent days ;)

hopeful that a better way of logging bugs can be found going forward, too...

i've been particularly busy myself in the office, so i haven't updated the main post for a while - i'll try to do it next week...

Just now, Mr Tree said:

cheers boss. there were actually a couple of others in recent days ;)

hopeful that a better way of logging bugs can be found going forward, too...

i've been particularly busy myself in the office, so i haven't updated the main post for a while - i'll try to do it next week...

Yeah i submitted the bug logging within the game idea to the design meeting, i'll argue the case for it. It's just how long the devs think that will take to implement and if that gets in the way of new features going in to next year's game.