Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

2020 Vibe Premier League

Hello everyone and welcome to the third edition of the always exciting Vibe Premier League. It was great to see the event win the “community event of the year” at the awards for the second consecutive year and another year later we’re ready to do it all over again.

Here is last year’s event if you want to recap on everything that happened during the tournament:

What an absolutely fantastic preview gif that is.

This is an invitational event but it’s open to anyone to register their interest so thanks to everyone who did that. Overall it wasn’t that difficult for @Foxy and myself to come up with the participants as if you didn’t let one of us know you were interested via PM then really there are no grounds to complain about missing out.

Here are the 8 managers that will battle it out for glory over the next 8 weeks:

———————

———————

Format

Anyone who has followed this the last couple of years will know exactly how it runs and I have no intention of changing the format as everyone enjoys it and I feel it works well. So, it’ll be the same as last year, 7 weeks of H2Hs where everyone will face everyone with the top 4 at the end of the season qualifying for the all important playoffs, two semi finals and a final, where the champion will be crowned.

The winner of the league phase will face the manager who qualified in 4th in the semi finals, whilst 2nd and 3rd will face off for the other place in the grand final.

Points System

The unique "real football" score system will remain in place. When all the results come in for each week, I'll divide them into 4 separate categories, 1st + 2nd, 3rd + 4th, 5th + 6th and 7th + 8th. The top two points scorers in the round will be awarded 3 points (or goals for the purpose of the matchup) and someone in the lowest category (7th or 8th) will score 0 goals. So, If the highest scorer played the lowest scorer in a round then the higher scorer would win the H2H 3-0. If the two managers facing off against each other were the two lowest scorers then it'd be a 0-0 draw and both would get a point each.

The highest scorer in the round will earn a bonus point in the league, with the lowest scoring having a point deducted from their total. Any confusion over this as it's quite hard to explain just take a glance through last year's competition, or have a look inside the spoiler for an example.

Spoiler

These are the results from week 1 of last year’s competition.

Fixtures:

• Woody v DutchTony
  • smoggy90 v Ian
  • samhardy v Titjes
  • Foxy v Nucleus

Scores from the challenge:

• Foxy - 76
  • Nucleus - 73
  • Titjes - 56
  • smoggy90 - 50
  • samhardy - 47
  • Woody - 34
  • Ian - 29
  • DutchTony - -17

So, as stated above the spoiler, for the purposes of the matchup the top two in the leaderboard score 3 goals, 3rd and 4th 2, 5th and 6th 1 and the bottom two don’t score. Therefore the results of the H2Hs that week were as follows:

• Woody 1-0 DutchTony
  • smoggy90 2-0 Ian
  • samhardy 1-2 Titjes
  • Foxy 3-3 Nucleus

Plan

I will be posting the fixtures for the entirety of the league season this evening and the first challenge will be up tomorrow. There will be a mixture of half season and full season challenges, which are due to be played in the following weeks like so:

1. Half-Season
  2. Full-Season
  3. Half-Season
  4. Half-Season
  5. Full-Season
  6. Half-Season
  7. Full-Season

That’s everything and hopefully everyone will enjoy this whether you are taking part or following. And thanks to “big” Foxy who will be providing graphics throughout the event.

League Phase Complete

Semi Finals Complete

Final Complete

ooh, exciting! massive respect to yourself @samhardyand @Foxyfor putting this on while not being actively involved yourselves - very selfless! i look forward to receiving my participation certificate and i have my eyes firmly fixed on the prize of a 7th-place finish!

6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

ooh, exciting! massive respect to yourself @samhardyand @Foxyfor putting this on while not being actively involved yourselves - very selfless! i look forward to receiving my participation certificate and i have my eyes firmly fixed on the prize of a 7th-place finish!

Na mate, I have a iron grip in that position. Nobody can displace me. 

I'm already in 1st place 😂 😂 

To my dear hosts,

Thanks @samhardy and @Foxy for the tremendous amount of work you guys have (and will) put into this. I know from experience it's exhausting at times, so big thanks to you 👍 👍

To my seven competitors, 

I've set zero expectations for myself this year so if I do win I suppose it means I'm THAT GOOD. But if I fail to win......... 😂 😂 😂 yeah that was funny for a moment. 

All jokes aside, play fair, play hard, and may the best manager win. Goodluck to all of you! 👏 

Edited by BatiGoal

Jesus.... I'm already bottom 😂

I will be taking the obligatory '1 game at a time' and ' i shall give my all'. 

Lovely graphics so far Mr @Foxy and a solid write up @samhardy as usuall. Cant wait to get started. 

56 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

No sign of @Crashhart and @smoggy90 the mere sight of their competitors has catapulted the pair in deep shock. 

That's pretty much 2 managers down already before things have even started. 😂 

I’m here 😀

thanks for the invite, look forward to getting started!

@BatiGoalI’ve been busy designing my unique 1-1-1-2-5 ready for this occasion, I’m finally ready to set it loose, I’ve got my eyes set firmly on that first place! 

Thanks to @samhardy and @Foxy for hosting, really looking forward to it!

Edited by Crashhart

As the oldest competitor of the lot, I'm a little slower and more forgetful than everyone, clearly in great disadvantage.

Hosts, is there going to be a "looser" handling of the rules just for me? I'd appreciate that very much. Thank you. 

12 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

As the oldest competitor of the lot, I'm a little slower and more forgetful than everyone, clearly in great disadvantage.

Hosts, is there going to be a "looser" handling of the rules just for me? I'd appreciate that very much. Thank you. 

We see it as “more experienced” instead of older. More experienced in failure that is. You don’t need any help in finishing bottom.

254621146_foxyforecast.thumb.png.fae9208fb44608714b2f6e567870e0d4.png

As the competitors await the first challenge to be posted later tonight it is time to take a look at the competition odds and the match ups for the first weeks action.

Overall Winner Odds

Old man Bati is favourite with the bookies from the outset as they feel he has the experience in these events that could help him get over the line in 9 weeks time. Ian isn’t far behind following his exploits in the Vibe World Cup last year and he is proving he can handle a large variety of challenges with his Augusta attempt this year.

We have some other experienced players as well with Smoggy looking good value at 7/2, Woody at 6/1 and Kanegan 8/1. The outsiders might be worth an each way bet with Mr Tree coming in at a tasty 10/1 and then Mike and Crash way out at 20/1.

All odds provided by Black Cat Betting and correct at time of publication.

@BatiGoal Evs

@Ian 5/2

@smoggy90 7/2

@Woody 6/1

@Kanegan 8/1

@Mr Tree10/1

@Crashhart/ @MikeF 20/1

Week 1 Matches

Mr Tree v Kanegan

This is an intriguing match between two competitors who will be harbouring playoff hopes. The Irish Illex is the less experienced challenger but he isn’t to be underestimated by his Indian adversary although he may have some fatigue after covering so many kilometres down Italy.

Foxy’s Prediction: A narrow Kanegan win.

Woody v Crashhart

Woody is vastly experienced at taking part in these events and one thing is for sure he won’t be quick to submit his score :P Crashhart is very much an unknown with this being his debut but Woody can be inconsistent so he certainly has a fighters chance of getting a result this week.

Foxy’s Prediction: I can’t see beyond a win for the Potteries Pele in this one.

BatiGoal v MikeF

This looks a real David v Goliath encounter as Bati Grey Beard is one of Vibes most consistent performers whatever the challenge that is put in front of him but the pressure of being favourite could get to him early and MikeF has proved with his recent 1.5k that he knows his way around FMM20.

Foxy’s Prediction: Bati win.

Smoggy90 v Ian

This is the tie of the round in my opinion and a North East Derby as two of the favourites look to strike an early blow on each other. Smoggy and his Parmo Army put in some good performances last year in this event as he qualified for the playoffs but so did Ian with a last gasp result in the final week.

Foxy’s Prediction: This match may be a narrow win either way but I believe it will finish as a draw.

18 minutes ago, Woody said:

Hopefully i can harness my inner Brazilian and win with abit of flair! 😉

I may be English but I’m going to channel some German efficiency 

993CE7F7-EFB8-4696-8483-F377DAACCB77.png

Edited by Crashhart
7 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

I may be English but I’m going to channel some German efficiency 

993CE7F7-EFB8-4696-8483-F377DAACCB77.png

Oh you didnt just go there 😂😂

• 1-2-3-4- and 5-striker formation tweaked and tested for 20.
  • Flat, Triangle, Diamond midfield tweaked and tested for 20.
  • 1-2-3-4- and 5-defender formation tweaked and tested for 20.
  • All loaded league combinations written down for best possible DB.
  • All apps from phone deleted except for FMM20. 
  • Brand new baby-soft cushions in place on every chair and sofa in the house. 
  • And of course every wall outlet in the house equipped with a pre-plugged in phone charger.
  • Oh, and sending in resignation letter first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm ready.

Edited by BatiGoal
1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:
  • 1-2-3-4- and 5-striker formation tweaked and tested for 20.
  • Flat, Triangle, Diamond midfield tweaked and tested for 20.
  • 1-2-3-4- and 5-defender formation tweaked and tested for 20.
  • All loaded league combinations written down for best possible DB.
  • All apps from phone deleted except for FMM20. 
  • Brand new baby-soft cushions in place on every chair and sofa in the house. 
  • And of course every wall outlet in the house equipped with a pre-plugged in phone charger.
  • Oh, and sending in resignation letter first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm ready.

You all in??? You should enjoy the sun once in a while otherwise the fat in your bums might become too thick. 😁

Sorry a bit late with posting the challenge I was otherwise engaged but here we go. The challenge for week 1 of the 2020 is dedicated to this man.

image.thumb.jpeg.bce3f9899b17be82bcce53eca4b5126d.jpeg

Week 1 Challenge - Snakebite

It is no secret that I’m a big fan of watching men throwing tungsten at a board and to commemorate Scotsman Peter “Snakebite” Wright winning his first world championship title we kick off the VPL campaign with this one. Not the most difficult challenge to start, but there’s some strategy involved and it’ll be interesting to see how people go.

Team - You can take charge of any SPL team to manage APART FROM Celtic and Rangers. 10 others to choose from.

The squad you inherit will be the one you keep but you must make 4 signings. These 4 players will form a flat line of 4 for you in your tactic. The choice is yours whether you want this to be the back four, a flat midfield four or an all out attack front four. Wright beat the following nationality of players on his way to the world crown:

• Phillipines
  • Japan
  • England
  • Wales
  • Holland x2

Therefore the four signings you make, one must be Asian, one English, one Welsh and one Dutch.

So, for example:

• Example 1 - DL (Dutch) DC (English) DC (Welsh) DR (Asian)
  • Example 2 - ML (Welsh) MC (Asian) MC (Dutch) MR (English)
  • Example 3 - FL (English) ST (Welsh) ST (Asian) FR (Dutch)

You cannot utilise the DM or AM line to accommodate these 4 players, they must be a flat line of 4 as in one of the above examples.

Bonus:

Bonus points are available for this challenge. These will come from a Scottish player already at the club you have taken over. This player can play anywhere on the pitch apart from as a striker, and will earn one bonus point for every match he receives a rating of 8 or above.

That’s everything. Make sure you read over everything carefully :D

You will play the first 19 league games of the season. The challenge ends as soon as the FT whistle blows at the end of the 19th league game.

• League Points +/- Goal Difference
  • Bonus Points (1pt for every match your Scottish player receives a match rating of 8 or above)
  • 1pt for every cup match you win (Domestic + European both count)

Clarifications:

• Any SPL team apart from the Old Firm clubs
  • 4 transfers in only which are the ones for the challenge. No others allowed but you can sell whoever you want
  • The 4 signings must play in a flat line of 4 in either D, M or F lines. DM and AM are not allowed
  • The bonus player has to be Scottish and already at the club. He can’t be or play as a striker or anywhere along the forward line
  • You don’t have to go for the bonus points, but it is recommended
  • Challenge ends as soon as the 19th league game finishes
  • Any coaching badges and reputation is fine - any advantage is too minute to make a difference.

Deadline - Sunday, January 12th - 11:59PM GMT

Please use the PM thread you already have with me regarding the VPL to submit your results in order to save PM space.

If you have any queries regarding the challenge just ask and either myself or @Foxy will be on hand to answer :)

Good luck and enjoy.

Rules and Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only.
  • Own tactics only.
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No cheating, holidaying or reloading. One attempt and one attempt only.
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required. No screenshots = no points.
  • Failure to submit before the deadline will equal no score - no extensions.
  • If you fall under any suspicion you may be asked to submit your save file for investigation. Fail to do so will see you being ejected from the competition.
  • PM me with your results in the already created thread.
  • In case of tied points, the tiebreaker will be 1) League Points 2) Goal Difference 3) Bonus Points unless otherwise stated.

Screenshots Required

• Tactic
  • Your 4 signings attributes and stats before and after the challenge
  • Same with the Scotsman for bonus points
  • League table
  • Full fixture list
  • Evidence of bonus player getting any 8+ ratings
  • Manager profile
  • Transfer page

Lovely challenge guys 👍 I'm already on it like a fly on a pile of buffalo dung. 

Reputations and past achievements don't matter at this point @MikeF, so goodluck to you 😉