Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

11 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Mate, I bought half my team from EPL clubs. Send your results in on Sat night and @samhardy will be calculating points on Sun morning. His drunk face won't have a clue 👍 

i mean, you already broke one of the rules, if not the main rule, so it's cute to see you playing along for fun 👍

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

not sure what that's got to do with it, i could afford the players i wanted easily :)

in fact i just beat Spurs - in a busy schedule, i rested my whole team against Spurs (15pts) with Sheff Utd (14pts) coming up 3 days later. ofc, beat Spurs, lost to Sheff U :D

You’re going to beat me it would seem.

44 minutes ago, MikeF said:

I see the willy waving has begun...

did it ever stop :D

added 0 minutes later
19 minutes ago, Ian said:

You’re going to beat me it would seem.

a couple of good games in among.......... some less good ;)

Like this - I loved Neal last season but he's a stupid 🤬 now!

Screenshot_20200205-133107_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Mr Tree

Just submitted my run. Lots of ups and downs but happy with result, i think. Didn't sign anyone and just missed out on a CL spot with a little trip to Wembley along the way. Also didn't take any points off a top 3 team...

17 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

did it ever stop :D

added 0 minutes later

a couple of good games in among.......... some less good ;)

Like this - I loved Neal last season but he's a stupid 🤬 now!

Screenshot_20200205-133107_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Yes I had a good few of those frustrating last minute equalisers too. Plenty of times in the past I’ve had last minute stuff go in my favour but not this time as I can’t remember winning any games late on. If this Bobby was supposed to bring good luck then he let me down.

48 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Just submitted my run. Lots of ups and downs but happy with result, i think. Didn't sign anyone and just missed out on a CL spot with a little trip to Wembley along the way. Also didn't take any points off a top 3 team...

*gulp*

btw Man City are 20+ points clear in mine - i'm in Feb now and just played my two games in Manchester, not fun...

Brentford are bottom of the Champ too! :(

Done, results sent, and I can say from all challenges this is by far the one that gives me absolutely no indication how I've done. No clue as to what to expect come results day. Hope there's no DQ in it for me 🙏 

Yep my results are in now. Here's another classic for you:

Screenshot_20200204-222049_FM20 Mobile.jpg

3 disallowed gls? Hmm. This definitely requires a background check on the VAR. Your cousin by any chance 🤔 

On 06/02/2020 at 14:33, BoMBoM said:

Dam id luv 2b part of dis! Hit me up if there r any i can join!?!? 👍🇨🇮🇨🇮🇨🇮💯

You're too late, I'm going to win this one. 

But if you want you could try some of these challenges yourself and see how you score compared to others here. There's really a lot to learn from playing these. 

Sorry people ive not been very well these last few days and no its not the coronavirus..... 

Ive struggled to get any game time due to that but i will have it completed in time albeit its been pretty shocking tbf. 

Week 5 Results

We’re really entering the business end of the competition now and after this week there’ll only be two more challenges for the unlucky foursome that miss out on the playoffs. This week though saw a very unique points system alongside a challenge with hidden difficulty levels.

A soundtrack accompanies the results this week for you to enjoy and as good as the song is it unfortunately represents the fact that this week saw the first 0s of the competition so far!

Let’s have a closer look at the results...

@Mr Tree v @Ian

Spoiler

Despite a disastrous start Tree has rallied and has fought back in recent weeks to give himself a chance of troubling the top 4, but at an absolute minimum he will probably need 6/7 points from his last 3 fixtures. Ian however had a minor blip last week and would have been hoping that’s all it was as back to back defeats in this competition can be very harmful to your chances.

Both decided to bring in a whole host of players from the lower leagues and it was Ian who had a very narrow edge league wise. He came 10th, exactly 3 places above Tree but only with 48 points to 46.

That means nothing though the way the points system was this week. Ian got through one extra cup round though, so his nose was in front from them. He won 12 league games the best of which came against Leicester but generally struggled against the big boys. That could be damaging.

Tree won one more league game than Ian and crucially boasted a better record against the big points scorers, recording wins over Man City, Spurs and Leicester. That took him past Ian’s total, but not too far past. He was concerned that a last minute equaliser against him might come back to bite him in the end...

It didn’t in the end. Tree is becoming the form horse and picks up back to back wins and continues his charge towards the playoff places whilst Ian manages to hold onto 2nd despite defeat but is looking behind his shoulder a lot more uncomfortably now.

Result - Mr Tree 2-1 Ian

@BatiGoal v @Crashhart

Spoiler

I mentioned earlier in the week that we had a disqualification this week and sadly it was Crash who suffered it. Everything was fine apart from ONE transfer in from Livingston which wasn’t allowed. He wasn’t even that good:

image.png.053d0049c997d01d4ea072bb36062cb8.png

So he is forced to take the zero and a minus league point and to make matters worse his score *would* have been the second highest of the week.. Which would have been enough to get a draw against Bati.

Which of course means the highest score this week went to the Dutchman! A sublime performance to bounce back from two consecutive losses. He led Norwich to 3rd place in the league, winning 22 games in the process including impressive wins over Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs, Man Utd and a double over Chelsea. He also had a couple of long runs in the domestic cups to consolidate his place as the manager of the week and pick up 4 priceless points in the process.

Crash falls a massive 3 places to 4th after the tiniest but crucial of blunders whilst Bati bounces back and moves to the top with 11 points. A win next week and he will be the first man to qualify for the playoffs but I reckon just one more point from his final two fixtures will be enough. Massively contrasting weeks for these two.

Result - BatiGoal 3-0 Crashhart

@smoggy90 v @Kanegan

Spoiler

No ifs no buts Smoggy needed a win this week so it will have been music to his ears that Kanegan was struggling to finish this week, that came to reality as he couldn’t make the deadline and had to take the goose egg along with Crash.

So Smoggy picks up the 3 points and rises up the table but it would be rude not to touch on his performance which might very well have been good enough to claim the win anyway. He led Norwich to an 8th place finish, picking up 17 wins, the best of which coming at Anfield. Doubles over Sheff Utd and Wolves as well as a win over Spurs sent him well on his way to a good score of 185.

The icing on the cake was lifting the FA Cup with a win over Man City at Wembley. Like Crash, Kanegan careered down the league 3 places whilst Smoggy has life breathed into his campaign at last but will need another win next week.

Result - smoggy90 2-0 Kanegan

@Woody v @MikeF

Spoiler

Woody kept everyone guessing this week as to whether we were going to be treated to a third 0 but he defeated illness to get his results in late in the day. Unfortunately though that illness clearly affected his performance this week as despite a respectable 12th place finish, he only won 10 games and none of them were against particularly big points scorers Leicester aside. There was a bright spark though with a decent FA Cup run but ultimately this was never really going to be enough to trouble Mike.

Having said that though you never know which Mike is going to turn up so far this season but this week he was right on it. An impressive 6th place finish winning 18 of his games was what he had to show for it. He had wins over Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd alongside a double over Sheff Utd. Just 5 cup wins but that didn’t matter as he simply overpowered Woody this week.

Woody is struggling for form at the moment and now looks unlikely to make the playoffs but will always be a dangerous opponent and could play the role of the “spoiler” in the last couple of weeks. Back up to 3rd is Mike’s reward for a thumping win.

Result - Woody 1-3 MikeF

Big points were won and lost this week and here’s how it all unfolded with the challenge scorelist.

Spoiler
  • BatiGoal - 238
  • MikeF - 189
  • smoggy90 - 185
  • Mr Tree - 124
  • Ian - 103
  • Woody - 88
  • Crashhart - 0/DQ
  • Kanegan - 0/DL

So Bati is looking a certainty now but not over the line yet, a solitary point separate the next 3 of Ian, Mike and Crash who hold the playoff places. Tree has come out of nowhere and now realistically has hopes of making it, Smoggy picked up his first win. Kane drops to 7th after a 0 and Woody now probably won’t make it but a bonus point win next week and you never know.

image.png.694d646f63020afeb239b785aa0677b7.png

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Well done @Mr Tree, a fine performance!

Cheers mate - I had a magic month where I beat Leicester, sheff u, Spurs and Man City at home, which was a great haul.

So just @Crashhart and then an easy-peasy week 7 match for me now... Looking forward to this week's challenge (although going away for a couple of days now, might make things tricky!)

28 minutes ago, Woody said:

You too mate.. I think its game over for me. 

I’m managing to cling on to play off hopes despite an inconsistent showing. Better than playing it safe anyway. 

Cheers mate - I had a magic month where I beat Leicester, sheff u, Spurs and Man City at home, which was a great haul.

So just @Crashhart and then an easy-peasy week 7 match for me now... Looking forward to this week's challenge (although going away for a couple of days now, might make things tricky!)

Im now endowed with the power of reading the rules twice now, lets hope the challenge is kind to us

6 hours ago, Crashhart said:

Aaaaaahhhh this is painful, fair play @BatiGoalfor getting the higher score!

I only brought in 5 new lads but all of them had a big impact. It all gelled together nicely but gotta say as well there's quite a few narrow wins in the mix. So those 22 wins could easily have been 15 or 16.

That DQ would've hurt more had you had the higher score, but obviously still sucks. You'll bounce back I'm sure, like I have. 

5 hours ago, Rob said:

Of all the people to benefit from a disqualification... 🤣 It’s like Liverpool and VAR.

Who? What? 😂 

Interesting to note that the pair with the fewest losses @Crashhart and @Mr Tree are 4th and 5th. Odd competition this can be. 

3 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Not the way i wanted to win but will certainly take it. Roll on the next round, need another win!

Yup, sorry mate. Just couldn't get any playtime due to vacation. My work is cut out now. Need 2 wins from the next 2 rounds.