Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Goodluck @smoggy90 I hope the next challenge turns out to be your least favorite one 😜

No Bati. Mind games wont work. 😁

7 hours ago, Woody said:

Be gentle @Kaneganthis week

I am a thorough gentleman mate. 😀

Week 6: Turning Back The Tide

This is the penultimate challenge of the league stage and with playoff places to be consolidated and late charges to be made there is plenty to play for.

I have gone back a 1000 years for inspiration this week.

It is the mid 1020’s, @BatiGoal and @Woody are just starting school and a Danish Viking named Canute Sweynsson has built himself an empire in the North Sea by being crowned the king of England, Norway and Denmark. He is at the height of his powers and no one in his court would dare to refuse him a request or suggest that his ideas aren’t very good as he is gods anointed ruler of the three kingdoms. This frustrates the man that became known as Cnut the Great as he knows he is just a man and doesn’t have the power of god so he devises a plan to proof to his advisors that however powerful he is as King he isn’t more powerful than god or the forces of nature.

The story goes that he tells his courtiers that if he is as powerful as they suggest he should be able to turn back the tide. His throne is taken to a beach and as the tide comes in he commands it to turn back out to sea but it is no good and eventually he has wet feet thus proving that he doesn’t have as much power as God or the forces of nature.

86A0608B-700C-43BC-B748-6928DC6803A8.jpeg.2af3b279af135523df4cafa5a6f36903.jpeg

The Challenge - This is a half season challenge and all competitive games count towards your score.

You will be appointing your own Danish king in the shape of a defender already at the club and he will have to try and turn back the tide of the opposition attacks all on his own.

You will all be managing FC Copenhagen in the Danish top division and your first task is to pick one of there Danish defenders to be your king. He must be natural (light green) in any of the defender positions (CB,LB,RB) and the rest of the players in the squad who are natural in those positions must be either sold or demoted.

You then must play a formation that only has your King playing in the defensive strata. He can play in any of the positions at the back but he must be the only player back there with the rest of the outfield team no deeper than the DM/WB strata. You may pick one natural Danish defender from the reserves to be a back up in the event of injury or suspension but he can only play if your King can’t physically play and if he can’t play either you will have to use a non natural defender.

3 points per win in all competitions + 1pt per draw in all competitions - 1 pt per goal conceded in all competitions.

Rules and Clarifications

• You will be playing as FC Copenhagen.
  • No transfers in.
  • Play up to the winter break which comes in mid December (approx 15th Dec is final game before the break).
  • Sell or demote all players who have light green in a defensive position (CB,LB,RB) apart from your Danish defender who will be your “King Cnut”.
  • You may have a back up Danish defender from the reserve team but he can only play if your main man gets an injury or suspension.
  • If your reserve defender gets injured or suspended you will have to play a non defender in that position.
  • Your formation can only have one player in the defender strata of the pitch in every minute of every match.
  • No cheating of any kind.
  • All results must be posted to Sam in the PM you already have set up for the event.
  • Have fun.

Screenshots Required

• Your appointed Kings profiles and history at the beginning and end of the challenge.
  • Your back up defender profile and history at the beginning and end of the challenge.
  • League table
  • Manager history
  • Squad listed by appearances
  • Tactic
  • Fixtures

Any questions then please just ask.

Deadline: Sunday 16th February 2020 @11.59pm UK Time

2 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Now now this had to come at some point. Defensive play, that too with one man. You crazy fox. @Woody you are walking away with this. 

Only time will tell mate

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

😂 😂 😂 I smell a fair number of sackings in this one. Lovely challenge, Fox. 

@smoggy90 I think you got this. 

I don’t know mate, that -1 for every goal conceded is concerning me 😂

3 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

I don’t know mate, that -1 for every goal conceded is concerning me 😂

I've found nothing that's not concerning me 😂 I'm not even going to experiment with this one. I'm jumping straight into this Danish madness and hope my experience pulls me through.... or under. 

I present to you, Roy Keane, my new Assistant Manager. 

Screenshot_20200213-121605.thumb.png.8516290e132c329f634f6b05ed242573.png

And Defensive Expert. With him at my side I only need 1 defender on the pitch 😁 you're going down hard afterall, @smoggy90 deeply sorry, mate! 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Keeping your players fit will be the big thing... Games come quick and fast in Denmark. 

yeah i'd quite fancy this challenge with recruitment - without it's a bit crazy (level playing field though, i guess). their squad is stupid :(

22 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

yeah i'd quite fancy this challenge with recruitment - without it's a bit crazy (level playing field though, i guess). their squad is stupid :(

It is its very attacking in squad depth. Which doesnt help when you only have one defender to use 😕

18 hours ago, Foxy said:

So long as he isn’t light green as a FB or CB and you don’t play him in the back line you can.

So if a player if green on WB and FB we can’t play him at WB?

1 minute ago, MikeF said:

I have just thought that too mate. I think no as they are green (or blue in my case) in the FB position they must be sold or demoted so you have to play a player out of position probably if you play WB's

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I present to you, Roy Keane, my new Assistant Manager. 

Screenshot_20200213-121605.thumb.png.8516290e132c329f634f6b05ed242573.png

And Defensive Expert. With him at my side I only need 1 defender on the pitch 😁 you're going down hard afterall, @smoggy90 deeply sorry, mate! 

He'll fall out with all your players and ultimately BG will fall out with you. Cause terrible disharmony within your group, shatter morale and the chairman will take his side leading to your sacking. Sorry mate :laugh:

20 hours ago, Foxy said:

your first task is to pick one of there Danish defenders to be your king. He must be natural (light green) in any of the defender positions (CB,LB,RB) and the rest of the players in the squad who are natural in those positions must be either sold or demoted.

23 minutes ago, MikeF said:

nope :)

27 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Any player who is natural (light green) in the FB or CB positions and isn’t your nominated Danish defender must be sold or demoted.

42 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Any player who is natural (light green) in the FB or CB positions and isn’t your nominated Danish defender must be sold or demoted.

Ok but they can be dark green fb and light green WB and be ok? Not that I’ve even checked the squad yet...

Smashing out my DT challenge first.