Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Week 6 - Results

So an absolutely pivotal week in the race for the playoffs has been and gone so let’s see what happened and whether any semi final spaces have been filled, and what there will be to play for in the final week. This week was all about keeping goals out, a stark contrast to what most are used to on vibe!

@Kanegan v @Woody

Spoiler

Woody sent shockwaves through vibe this week by submitting early in the week, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to the points he desperately needs this week. Victor Nelsson was his chosen defender and Woody put in a very strong showing in the league only dropping points in 3 out of his 20 league games. He achieved 23 wins in all competitions alongside 6 draws, and conceded just over a goal a game which isn’t bad going for this challenge at all. His effort gave him a total of 37.

Kanegan achieved similar success as his opponent in terms of club results with his Cnut who was a Bjelland. The same 23 wins but with four less draws. However he had a nightmare at the back! One game he managed to concede a colossal 9 goals to Spurs in the Champions League and this was a sign of what was to come as the goals conceded totalled up to 55.

That was far too many to have any chance in this week’s challenge and Woody ran out a comfortable victor to keep himself in the mix. Kane still has an outside chance now but is struggling, has Woody timed his run to perfection or is it too little too late?

Result - Kanegan 1-2 Woody

@Crashhart v @Mr Tree

Spoiler

Looking at the table this was a crucial game although at this stage of the completion they all are. Tree would overtake Crash with a win but Crash could qualify himself if he bounced back from his disaster last week.

Tree unsurprisingly used ex-Brentford player “Andy Bellend” to give him his affectionate name whilst Crash used Nicolai Boilesen. It was all a question of how Crash would respond after his embarrassing disqualification against Bati and he answered that with a fantastic display. However Tree also put in a strong performance and it was a great game.

Tree mustered 24 wins in all competitions which was 5 less than that of his opponent, giving Crash a significant 15 point advantage. There was only 1 in it from draws meaning Tree was going to need a stunning defensive display to get something out of the game. 44 goals were conceded though which was simply too much, Crash conceded 36 to give him the win.

This result means that Crash has qualified for the playoffs with a week to spare. Despite a decent score Tree suffers his second defeat, but still stands a chance going into the final week.

Result - Crashhart 3-2 Mr Tree

@Ian v @MikeF

Spoiler

2nd v 3rd at the start of the week and it’s highly likely that the winner of this clash will qualify. Both used Bjelland as their defender but the difference in this one was apparent straightaway! Mike had a bit of a shocker in terms of his league campaign, slumping to 6th after 20 games losing 8 of them. Ian well and truly pounced on this as he sat at the top of the pile and before we even take a look at the goals conceded it’s the Seahouses Seahorse who holds a whopping 21 point lead.

Surely there was no chance of Mike pulling that back, well you’d think not but a very respectable defensive effort only conceding 31 brought him back into it slightly, but Ian would have had to have a disaster to throw it away from here.

But Ian’s defence was solid as a rock! The only manager this week to concede less than a goal a game means that not only does he beat Mike with his savage total of 57, but he pips Crash to the bonus point as well. Cracking week for Ian, and after back to back defeats himself he has composed himself to qualify. Mike still has things in his own hands but faces a nervy last week now.

Result - Ian 3-1 MikeF

@BatiGoal v @smoggy90

Spoiler

Results elsewhere meant that BG only needed a point from this encounter, a draw might not be the end of the world for Smoggy against the table topper but a win would be absolute gold dust. Smog used Bellend as his defender whilst Bati used a Swedish bloke with a long name.

This was a very cagey affair in all aspects. There was absolutely nothing in it in terms of wins, both picking up 23 across all competitions. Tense stuff, Bati picked up one more draw than Smoggy but this huge match all comes down to who had the better defence.

Well neither defence could be described as impressive as Bati leaked 46 goals to give him a poor total for his standards of 27 and a very beatable total for Smog. Unfortunately though he conceded the most goals of the week with a humongous 57.

The Dutchman grinds out another 3 points, something he has done on a couple of occasions this season and that sees him comfortably over the qualification line. A double disaster for Smoggy though as he finished one point adrift at the bottom of the weekly scorelist; he still mathematically has a chance of qualification but will need a miracle.

Update: BG was disqualified from the challenge for using an ineligible player. Smoggy therefore doesn’t have the lowest score.

Result - BatiGoal 0-0 smoggy90

Some big winners and losers this week, here’s the full list of scores:

Spoiler
  • Ian - 57
  • Crashhart - 53
  • Woody - 37
  • Mr Tree - 31
  • MikeF - 28
  • Kanegan - 16
  • smoggy90 - 15
  • BatiGoal - 0/DQ

Well done to Ian, Bati and Crash who have all mathematically secured their places in the all important playoffs. Mike will join them with a win in the final week, but a slip up opens the door to the chasing pack of Smog, Tree, Woody and Kane who all they can do is win and hope for the best, but they are still in with a chance.

image.png.7d13201fd029be690faa6cf6349e67c7.png

Permutations:

To win the league phase:

Although it doesn’t win you the event outright it’s still very nice to be the competitor that’s topped the pile after the 7 weeks are over so let’s have a look at the permutations for that.

@Ian - Will win the league phase with a win.

@BatiGoal - Will need to win and hope that Ian loses to Woody, a bonus point win would see him take top spot if Ian fails to beat Woody

@Crashhart - Needs to win and hope that Ian and Bati both fail to win.

Playoffs:

There’s one playoff spot up for grabs.

@MikeF - A win over Smoggy and he will qualify. Failing to win opens the door for the chasing pack. Lose and he won’t qualify.

@smoggy90 - A win over Mike and he will qualify unless Tree or Woody win with a bonus point. Bonus point win will see him qualify but a draw won’t be enough.

@Mr Tree - Needs to beat Bati and hope Mike and Smoggy draw their match. A bonus point win will see him qualify if Mike fails to beat Smoggy.

@Woody - Needs to beat Ian to have any chance of qualifying and hope 2 other results go his way.

@Kanegan - Needs to beat Crash with a bonus point and hope 3 other results go his way.

Remember if two managers are level on points, it first goes to the result of the match between the two, and if that was a draw then overall points accumulated throughout the competition. Everyone’s total points can be found below:

Spoiler

MikeF - 72, 128, 103, 51, 189, 28  = 571

BatiGoal - 102, 70, 73, 77, 238, 0 (DQ) = 560

smoggy90 - 58, 112, 86, 58, 185, 15 = 514

Ian - 76, 91, 98, 69, 103, 57 = 494

Crashhart - 94, 118, 85, 86, 0 (D/Q), 53 = 436

Mr Tree - 38, 116, 13, 66, 124, 31 = 388

Woody - 56, 3, 53, 71, 88, 37 = 308

Kanegan - 63, 54, 77, 84, 0 (D/L), 16 = 294

And finally the fixtures for the final week.

image.png.642ad78451fec2730e95e5925e87fe1f.png

Told you @Woody, you will walk away with this. The Champions League dashed any hopes that i had as i conceded a mammoth 24 goals from my 6 games. Just thinking whether it would have been better to not qualify for the CL. 😕

25 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Absolutely incredible that @smoggy90 has accumulated the 3rd most points yet sits bottom of the league!

Really unlucky, Smog. Apparently you faced the wrong people at the wrong time whilst scoring a very good total, that's the harsh reality. 

Grinding these wins out myself, I may be topping the table for now but it honestly doesn't feel like I've done better than everyone else. Right now it feels like anyone can beat anyone. 

33 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Mr Tree - Needs to beat Bati to have any chance of qualifying and hope Mike fails to beat Smoggy.

You beat my score this week so no reason why this shouldn't be on next week's cards. 

35 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Told you @Woody, you will walk away with this. The Champions League dashed any hopes that i had as i conceded a mammoth 24 goals from my 6 games. Just thinking whether it would have been better to not qualify for the CL. 😕

That was a shame dude. Great performance though. 👍

@Ian its game on sunshine 😂😂

Hard luck @MikeF, this challenge seemed to suit me for some reason. In fairness I do usually keep a good defence but never expected to with just one defender. Even the Europa games we were fairly steady.

I think it’s great that everyone is in with a chance of making the playoffs on the final league week. I was in with a very slim chance last year and somehow managed to make it so anything can happen.

Good luck @Woody!

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Hard luck @MikeF, this challenge seemed to suit me for some reason. In fairness I do usually keep a good defence but never expected to with just one defender. Even the Europa games we were fairly steady.

I think it’s great that everyone is in with a chance of making the playoffs on the final league week. I was in with a very slim chance last year and somehow managed to make it so anything can happen.

Good luck @Woody!

Well played mate. Thought I’d be somewhere mid table. 

Well done everyone else. 

Glad a player off place is still a possibility but who knows if I can pull it off with my inconsistent showing so far but fingers crossed. 

This was mine:

D13EAE23-C75D-446A-93BF-B0749B43F92F.thumb.png.f8cd668c8ca9ea7c2c42506aa858ea70.png

Edited by MikeF
7 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Although is using a Swedish player allowed? I thought the defender had to be danish? @samhardy @Foxy

You are right, I have absolutely no idea how I didn’t notice that. Thankfully the only game it affects is the match between you two. But that will change the table a bit.

@BatiGoal will receive a 0 and the table will be updated accordingly this evening.

Sorry everyone!

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

You are right, I have absolutely no idea how I didn’t notice that. Thankfully the only game it affects is the match between you two. But that will change the table a bit.

@BatiGoal will receive a 0 and the table will be updated accordingly this evening.

Sorry everyone!

No probs mate and thanks for revising it. Apologies BG for being a bit pedantic. 

I’m surprised I didn’t pick it up whilst reading through the reveal to be honest as I nearly did the same. I was all set to use him as my Cnut and then just happened to remember to check his nationality.

Important

An inexcusable error from myself but as I said before it’s lucky that the Smog - Bati game was the only one it affected.

I have updated the results post with the correct league table and permutations but check the spoiler for the permutations, not much has changed.

Spoiler

To win the league phase:

Although it doesn’t win you the event outright it’s still very nice to be the competitor that’s topped the pile after the 7 weeks are over so let’s have a look at the permutations for that.

@Ian - Will win the league phase with a win.

@BatiGoal - Will need to win and hope that Ian loses to Woody, a bonus point win would see him take top spot if Ian fails to beat Woody

@Crashhart - Needs to win and hope that Ian and Bati both fail to win.

Playoffs:

There’s one playoff spot up for grabs.

@MikeF - A win over Smoggy and he will qualify. Failing to win opens the door for the chasing pack. Lose and he won’t qualify.

@smoggy90 - A win over Mike and he will qualify unless Tree or Woody win with a bonus point. Bonus point win will see him qualify but a draw won’t be enough.

@Mr Tree - Needs to beat Bati and hope Mike and Smoggy draw their match. A bonus point win will see him qualify if Mike fails to beat Smoggy.

@Woody - Needs to beat Ian to have any chance of qualifying and hope 2 other results go his way.

@Kanegan - Needs to beat Crash with a bonus point and hope 3 other results go his way.

The final week’s challenge will be up tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Good luck all. 

@smoggy90 - May the best man win.

Do I get some kind of wooden spoon for being highest overall points scorer and maybe not qualifying? 😂 

Mate the format can be so cruel, if I didn’t have the DQ I’d be on 654 right now

2 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Although is using a Swedish player allowed? I thought the defender had to be danish? @samhardy @Foxy

I thought he was Greek 😂 ffs what a rookie error. 😬

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

No probs mate and thanks for revising it. Apologies BG for being a bit pedantic. 

No worries, it'd be worse during the play offs so glad I received this wake up call today 👍 

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

@BatiGoal will receive a 0

Sam, pls tell me. How much enjoyment did you get out of putting the above words together to create a sentence that's been on your bucket list since the day we met. How much?? 

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I thought he was Greek 😂 ffs what a rookie error. 😬

No worries, it'd be worse during the play offs so glad I received this wake up call today 👍 

Sam, pls tell me. How much enjoyment did you get out of putting the above words together to create a sentence that's been on your bucket list since the day we met. How much?? 

What ya like Bati 😆

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Short passing hmm? I went with Direct with four decent Target Men in the squad - first time I've used that in ages!

With a packed midfield that's the way to go for me. I even had more possession vs big teams in the CL. And created a lot as well, it's simply the 1 def madness that cost me games and points. 

👍 those late consolation goals the ME likes to throw in when the game's already won were an absolute killer, here. things like a 5-1 win suddenly becoming 5-2 (and only earning you one point total).

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

👍 those late consolation goals the ME likes to throw in when the game's already won were an absolute killer, here. things like a 5-1 win suddenly becoming 5-2 (and only earning you one point total).

These were the only two games where things got out of hand for me. The game against Celtic was our first in the Europa and I feared the worst but we then did well and ended the group top with only seven conceded. I’m thinking things may have got nasty had we qualified for the Champions League.

Spoiler

453EE575-72F8-4A09-BBC6-ECA946F16B2B.thumb.png.8b8c3dd87a68ca8122735abeafcce5ae.png

A14EE6E0-7408-4B61-B439-2FA633C7B37B.thumb.png.46081efebb594c63461e00c2cb31d46e.png

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Tactics

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200214-123049.thumb.png.22aa9034756d24c75ce3c493146383f0.png

Screenshot_20200214-123054.thumb.png.abfa4008be9e06aae73021776a932805.png

Screenshot_20200214-123058.thumb.png.1dccfd7b7ea591cbaa309c748fce1342.png

Still makes little sense to me walking the league with this. 

My instructions were almost exactly the same as yours. Only differences were I went all over closing down and we were either balanced or attacking for mentality, everything else the same.