Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Loving some of the tactics you guys came up with.

This is what i went with as i was more worried defensively so i went with a DM support line.

Screenshot_2020-02-13-19-51-43.thumb.png.2c5654892435df3965c5c07c0fd27961.png

Edited by Woody

2AFD32F6-B46D-4C46-94B1-526E68208CD1.thumb.png.29bfe5212d58a376ca685ab138474279.png

Tomorrow begins the final week of the League stage and there is all to play for with all 8 competitors either looking to win the League or make the playoffs stage. You will have seen the permutations in @samhardy results post yesterday but before the week 7 challenge is posted tomorrow let’s take a look at the odds.

Race for The League Crown

Three guys qualified for the playoffs last week with @Ian, @Crashhart and @BatiGoal all still having VPL glory still in sight. 

Following Bati’s Swedish related mishap in the last challenge he has handed the initiative to Ian when it comes to taking the league crown but all three have a chance of the minor prize being handed to them at the end of the week.

These are the odds to simply win the League Stage and not outright event odds.

The Race for The Playoffs

This is the more interesting battle this week as the fourth and final playoff place is still up for grabs and such is the competitive nature of this years event all 5 remaining competitors have a chance of getting it.

Odds to make the playoffs.

The next challenge will be revealed tomorrow and good luck to everyone going into this pivotal week.

The challenge this week is quite complex, the finishing touches are being put to it so it might be up tonight but if not definitely tomorrow. It’s guaranteed to produce an exciting climax to the season though!

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

The challenge this week is quite complex, the finishing touches are being put to it so it might be up tonight but if not definitely tomorrow. It’s guaranteed to produce an exciting climax to the season though!

Worrying!! :D

Week 7 - Challenge

So after 6 weeks of competition we finally arrive at the final week and there’s still, *literally* everything to play for. 3/4 playoff spots are taken but anyone from 4th downwards can take the final space, throw in the battle for the top spot and it just screams excitement! I also hesitate to mention that over half of the participants involved can still finish rock bottom 😱 This shows how tight the competition has been this year.

This challenge is a joint effort between myself and @Foxy so we hope you enjoy it, but please read everything carefully!

Team

Let’s get the basics out the way first. You have what is essentially freedom of choice, as you can choose any team from a major European league that has 38 games. This gives you the choice of any team from the top flight of the following countries:

• England
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • France

The Challenge

This challenge is essentially a two-parter. There will be a set up phase, and a points scoring phase. That’s right this is the only week where you won’t be scoring points from the first match.

Instead, you will have to choose 4 players from your starting squad. One keeper, one defender, one midfielder and one striker. They must be natural anywhere amongst their position; AMC is fine for a midfielder. This is the most important decision you will make in the whole challenge expect maybe for team selection.

That is because each chosen player will have 3 targets they need to achieve to unlock their area of the pitch to score points. Until that player has achieved all 3 targets in league games you won’t be scoring any points. Once the targets have been achieved that player can start scoring you points, like so:

• GK - Once your goalkeeper has reached his targets, you will start receiving 3 points for every clean sheet.
  • DF - Once your defender has reached his targets, you will start receiving points for goal difference.
  • MF - Once your midfielder has reached his targets, you will start receiving 3 points for every assist your mid gets.
  • ST - Once your striker has reached his targets, you will start receiving 3 points for every goal your striker scores.

So once you unlocked an area of the pitch you can start scoring points. But as soon as your chosen player has done his job and set up the next stage, he must be demoted and never used again. For the points scoring phase he must be directly replaced by a free agent. These four potential free agents will be the only signings you are allowed to make.

I understand this is a bit complicated so if you’re a bit confused please look at the spoiler for an example:

Spoiler

You choose Manchester City as your club and nominate Ederson, Laporte, De Bruyne and Aguero for the set up phase.

After 5 league games, Aguero achieves his 3 targets. You must immediately demote him and replace him with a free agent (the free agent is allowed to have been signed in advance). From this point onwards your replacement will score 3 points for every goal he scores in the league.

After 10 league games Ederson achieves his 3. Same as Aguero, he must be demoted and replaced by a free agent who will score you 3 points for every clean sheet.

And so on. If for example KDB doesn’t reach his 3 targets by the end of the season you can’t score any points from midfield.

It is league games only, cup games do not count for anything in this challenge.

And finally, once/if all 12 targets are completed and every area of the pitch is unlocked, you will start receiving your league points as challenge points. So if all 4 of your nominated players have reached their targets by game 30 and you win all 8 of your remaining games you will receive a further 24 points.

The Targets

These are the all important targets your 4 nominated players will have to achieve before you can start scoring points from that position.

Spoiler

Goalkeeper:

• Keep 2 consecutive clean sheets
  • Save a penalty
  • Score a penalty

Defender:

• Score a goal (not a penalty)
  • Get 2 assists, these don’t need to be in the same game
  • Achieve a MOTM award

Midfield:

• 3 assists in the same game
  • Score twice in a match (no penalties)
  • Get a yellow card

Striker:

• Score a hat-trick (penalties ARE allowed for the striker)
  • Score 2 or more goals in 3 consecutive games
  • Achieve 4 MOTM awards

Clarifications

• Any team from the top division of the countries given
  • You can choose any GK, DF, MF and ST but they must be natural somewhere in their position
  • You can buy your free agent “replacements” in advance if you wish but they are the only transfers that are allowed
  • The replacements must also be natural in the replaced position
  • The defensive replacements must play in order to receive bonus points
  • You won’t receive any points until the position has been “unlocked”. From then on you will receive the points explained above
  • League points will count once all 12 targets have been reached but just from that point, league points you have got before won’t count
  • Cup games do not count for anything
  • Tiebreak if needed will be quickest to achieve all 12 targets.

Deadline - Sunday, 23rd February - 11:59 PM GMT

Good luck everyone especially those battling for the final playoff place and enjoy. Maybe I might even not fuck up the results :D

Rules and Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only.
  • Own tactics only.
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No cheating, holidaying or reloading. One attempt and one attempt only.
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required. No screenshots = no points.
  • Failure to submit before the deadline will equal no score - no extensions.
  • If you fall under any suspicion you may be asked to submit your save file for investigation. Fail to do so will see you being ejected from the competition.
  • PM me with your results in the already created thread.

Screenshots Required

Apologies in advance 😂

• Evidence of the targets being reached, also showing the date of every final target being reached
  • Evidence of points scored after you have unlocked that area
  • Attributes page of nominated players and replacements
  • Transfers page
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Full fixture list
  • Manager profile

Quite the challenge this one, great work both of you in coming up with it.

I’ve had about five read throughs and I think I’m finally getting a good grasp of it and I reckon by the tenth I’ll be all set 😂

presume wingers are fine as midfielders? so your "midfielder" can be DMC, DMR, DML, MC, MR, ML, AMR, AML or AMC?

your free-agent signings can be made "in advance" - can they play from whenever they are signed? or only once the guy they're replacing has finished? (obv they'll almost certainly just be backups anyway, but i'm just thinking in case of rotation)

your FA signings don't need to play to get the bonus for GK or DF, right? like, you get 3pts for every clean sheet once that's unlocked, regardless of who's in goal?

otherwise, it's insane but i'd expect that kind of twisted genius from these two ;)

i wonder what's going to be the hardest target to unlock. save penalty looks tricky, but i'm imagining watching the games looking at your midfielder and saying "kick someone you dickhead, just KICK HIM!!!" :D

9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Just to clarify they must be free transfers.

One more clarification, do we need to play the free agents, or just purchase them, so if I achieve the target with de bruyne, do I than have to replace him with my free agent or can I use a backup player in the squad?

8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

presume wingers are fine as midfielders? so your "midfielder" can be DMC, DMR, DML, MC, MR, ML, AMR, AML or AMC?

your free-agent signings can be made "in advance" - can they play from whenever they are signed? or only once the guy they're replacing has finished? (obv they'll almost certainly just be backups anyway, but i'm just thinking in case of rotation)

your FA signings don't need to play to get the bonus for GK or DF, right? like, you get 3pts for every clean sheet once that's unlocked, regardless of who's in goal?

Yes anywhere in the midfield strata is fine.

They can play from when they are signed but they must be used for bonus points as they are a “direct replacement” for the player :)

3 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

One more clarification, do we need to play the free agents, or just purchase them, so if I achieve the target with de bruyne, do I than have to replace him with my free agent or can I use a backup player in the squad?

As above they must be played. Will add to clarifications.

so the clean sheet, assist and goal bonus points are only applicable for the league too? any goals, assists and clean sheets in cup matches are pointless (literally)?

Just now, Mr Tree said:

so the clean sheet, assist and goal bonus points are only applicable for the league too? any goals, assists and clean sheets in cup matches are pointless (literally)?

Yep, cup games aren’t worth anything. 38 games to get everything done and get some points in the bag ;)

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yep, cup games aren’t worth anything. 38 games to get everything done and get some points in the bag ;)

Which is why I picked the club I picked 😉 

Got everything unlocked pretty quick and raking in the points atm. 

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

cheers 👍

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Which is why I picked the club I picked 😉 

Got everything unlocked pretty quick and raking in the points atm. 

bla bla bla :D

not even started (except for signing my FA's). i was asking above what would be the hardest Target to unlock - would you care to let us know what the last one was for you? or is that going to be difficult as your story is made up? ;) 

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

cheers 👍

bla bla bla :D

not even started (except for signing my FA's). i was asking above what would be the hardest Target to unlock - would you care to let us know what the last one was for you? or is that going to be difficult as your story is made up? ;) 

😂 You know me. 

The penalty save and def's MOTM are annoying since my att minded players keep taking those 😬

3 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

😂 You know me. 

The penalty save and def's MOTM are annoying since my att minded players keep taking those 😬

yeah... the club i chose (i won't hint much), the defenders aren't much cop, which might've been a bad idea. but we'll see...

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

I take it the penalty save can just be the opponent missing any way such as putting it wide or does it need to be a save with replay screenshot to show?

I won’t be asking to see the replays put it that way :P

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

Can we play our freebies in cup games to keep them happy and fit seen as points are only accumilated during the league season?

Yes