Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

Part exchange. Genius. 

Congrats all. And well played. Looking at that score I’m pretty sure you’d have beaten me easily, @Ian, a well deserved final place for you. 

Without the player exchanges I’d have definitely suffered the sack so it made all the difference. Fair play again on the d/q incident and regardless of winning or losing I think most of us would agree that it’s been a great tournament this year.

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

Ah part exchanges! Never crossed my mind, well done @Ianand @BatiGoalboth deserved finalists and best of luck to you both.

That was a tough one, but I expect nothing less for a semi final. First time I’ve been sacked in a long time but just couldn’t keep my players fresh enough and I dipped to 17th I think when I got sacked. 

As mentioned above I’d have gone early for the sack without the player exchanges and more than likely with less points than you so hard luck there. I ended up with a good team and no European football really helped with the small squad although we had a truly awful January with the fixture pile up and a few injuries all at once.

1 hour ago, Crashhart said:

Congratulations @BatiGoaland @Ian well deserved finalists and may the best man win!

I can’t state enough how enjoyable this competition was, this was my first ever competition and you were all very welcoming 

and a massive thanks to @samhardy and @Foxy, the amount of effort put into this is amazing and it really shows, best bit of content I’ve seen from this site!

I’m looking forward to coming back next year and finally smashing @BatiGoal 😭😭😭

Thanks and hard luck, it’s been a great tournament where you had hardly any idea who was going to win each tie every week. 

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

What Sam didn’t mention was the 4 hour wait that @BatiGoal had to endure for a VAR decision and the mental anguish he suffered which he claims aged him 5 years in just a few hours.

For that reason I think he is a spent force and I predict @Ian will be giving it large “big” Dirk style at the end of the final.

20200303_072425.thumb.gif.6a1bdc1dc777d8f2177cde32808945d5.gif

I’m just disappointed because VAR has sadly let me down. So much for LiVARpool, more like ManchestVAR United I’d say 😂

Regardless of the final result I think I’ve won the battle of the DP’s as my little pug looks truly fantastic on that final preview graphic.

Good luck in the final @BatiGoal!

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Ian’s approach was identical to Bati’s, Everton + Calvert-Lewin, and crucially he also took advantage of player exchanges.

Turned out very well since Everton's got decent players to sell/p-x and DCL did ever so well for me as a TM. I've had him before in that role so I wasn’t surprised. 

My initial pick was Leicester + Vardy, but squad value made me decide otherwise. 

Goodluck in the final @Ian  

Congrats to all, including a great write-up Sam. Looking forward to the final challenge and seeing Ian crowned as the champion 👍

Vibe Premier League Final 2020 - Format

image.png.740d425623a0e75b9c05922796b4bb4c.png

This isn’t the challenge post as such it’s simply explaining how the final will work, but it should get underway this weekend regardless.

Instead of a straight one challenge shootout both @Ian and @BatiGoal will be battling it out over multiple “quickfire” 15 game challenges.

The winner will be the first to win two consecutive mini-challenges. However if neither finalist has won two in a row after 4 of the challenges, then the 5th will be a tie-break.

So this final could last 30 games, or if it goes all the way then 75 games!

@Foxy will be posting the opening stanza over the weekend.

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

So this final could last 30 games, or if it goes all the way then 75 games!

Is this even legal??? 

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Sam and myself are the law so yes it’s legal.

Would you kindly re-check that VAR decision. I think that DQ ought to stand. 

19 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Would you kindly re-check that VAR decision. I think that DQ ought to stand. 

You need to get your head out of the bush and focus on the challenges ahead.

VPL Final - Challenge 1

So it begins!

This is the first challenge of a potential 5 challenge series as @Ian and @BatiGoal fight it out to be crowned VPL 2020 champion. Remember one of them needs to win two consecutive challenge to win the title but if it goes to a fifth challenge that will be a sudden death winner takes all situation.

It is also worth remembering that each challenge is only 15 league games long.

The Challenge

This will test your ability to get the best out of young players that are in no way ready for the big leagues.

You will have a choice of two clubs and you must sell/demote/release all the first team players before promoting the B team players who will be who you will use to play the 15 league games.

Club Choice:  Real Madrid or Barcelona 

Player Rules: When you start the save all players in the first team must be sold, demoted or released and replaced with your B team players. You may not use any of the first team players at any point in the save.

Transfer Rules: You may not buy, loan in or make any free transfer signings. If a player signs on a pre arranged transfer then he counts as a first team player and may not be used.

Cup Rules: Cup games do not count towards your score but you must use your B team players in those games.

Number of Matches: You must play the first 15 league games of the season.

Points: Your League points will be your challenge points. There is no tiebreaker so it could be a draw.

Save setup: You must use the original DB, no unlockables, but you may use any coaching badge or reputation.

Standard Vibe challenge rules apply of no cheating in anyway.

Screenshots Needed

• Full first and B teams on the first day of the save.
  • Transfer history.
  • League table after 15 games.
  • Manager history and profile.
  • Top scorer attributes at the end of the 15 games
  • Squad listed by order of appearances.
5 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Good luck lads!

Thanks. Think I know the team I'm going with. Now let's hope those 'B' players can follow an 'A' manager's instructions 🙂

Thank you all for the fine support. Nice challenge but unfortunately I’m not very good with kids so this could go badly wrong. Looks like it might be more of a challenge than you’d think just to switch B’s to A, hopefully my opponent will miss one and suffer the dreaded D/Q.

53 minutes ago, Ian said:

Thank you all for the fine support. Nice challenge but unfortunately I’m not very good with kids so this could go badly wrong. Looks like it might be more of a challenge than you’d think just to switch B’s to A, hopefully my opponent will miss one and suffer the dreaded D/Q.

😂 I just finished the switch as I was reading this. It's such a pain. I hope you missed one too. Wonder what happens in case of a double DQ. 

On 08/03/2020 at 02:51, Foxy said:

This will test your ability to get the best out of young players that are in no way ready for the big leagues.

You think? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200309-085235.thumb.png.8b5a8d066298104e7e2c39ab2e426af2.png

Pretty sure we picked the same team antways, but... gotta fix my formation.. 

Those Reserve players are pretty good tbh. Some talents I've come to like and definitely going to use in future challenges. 

Sending results.. 

VPL Final - Ian v BatiGoal

Challenge 1

I expected it to be quickfire and here we are already with the results from the first challenge. Remember to be crowned VPL champion one of the two finalists needs to win two successive challenges but if that hasn’t happened after 4 then the 5th will be a tiebreaker. Who, if anyone is one win away from glory?

So both were required to switch around the first team and reserves and see how many points they could get managing the reserve squad for 15 games in Spain’s top flight. There’s only one way to post these results and that’s game by game.

Both chose Barcelona which means they faced the exact same fixtures apart from any re-arrangements.

Games 1-5

1. A) Real Sociedad
@Ian 1-0 win
@BatiGoal 2-0 win

2. H) Valencia
@Ian 1-1 draw
@BatiGoal 3-2 win

3. H) Espanyol
@Ian 2-1 win
@BatiGoal 2-1 win

4. A) Granada
@Ian 2-1 win
@BatiGoal 5-1 win

5. A) Leganes (Ian) H) Eibar (Bati)
@Ian 2-0 win
@BatiGoal 4-2 win

So a fantastic start for both men but it’s Bati who still maintains a 100% record and looking more comfortable after the first 5 fixtures. Both still unbeaten though and there’s only 2 points in it a third of the way through. Let’s keep going...

Ian 13-15 BatiGoal

Games 6-10

6. H) Eibar (Ian) A) Leganes (Bati)
@Ian 4-0 win
@BatiGoal 3-1 win

7. H) Mallorca
@Ian 4-0 win
@BatiGoal 3-2 win

8. A) Valladolid
@Ian 1-1 draw
@BatiGoal 4-3 win

9. H) Real Betis
@Ian 3-2 win
@BatiGoal 2-2 draw

10. A) Real Madrid
@Ian 2-2 draw
@BatiGoal 4-2 loss

What a tussle this is, Ian remains unbeaten and halves the deficit as Bati’s 8 game winning run comes to an end. It’s still anyone’s game going into the run-in but it’s still in the Dutchman’s hands as he holds a one point advantage. Ian looks to be going into the final 5 games in the better form though...

Ian 24-25 BatiGoal

Games 11-15

11. A) Villarreal
@Ian 1-0 loss
@BatiGoal 4-0 loss

The pressure is getting to both of them! 24-25

12. H) Getafe
@Ian 2-0 win
@BatiGoal 1-0 loss

An absolutely huge moment as Ian picks up a comfortable home win but Bati slumps to a miserable home defeat! That’s no win in 4 and 3 consecutive losses as Ian takes the lead for the first time in this challenge! It’s now in his hands and win his last 3 games and he’s over the line here. 27-25

13. H) Levante (Ian) A) Alaves (Bati)
@Ian 3-1 win
@BatiGoal 2-0 win

Bati halts the slide but Ian is looking absolutely solid as a rock now. Will he nurse it home or is there one final twist in the tail? 30-28

14. A) Alaves (Ian) H) Levante (Bati)
@Ian 1-0 win
@BatiGoal 3-0 win

Great stuff from both. We hoped it would be close and it doesn’t get any closer as we go to the final game at home to Sevilla! A win for Ian and he takes the opening stanza, a draw would ensure he won’t be beaten but a loss opens the door for Bati to steal it at the death. 33-31

15. H) Sevilla
@BatiGoal 2-1 win

Ian probably didn’t know this at the time but it essentially game down to one game of football... a draw would mean deadlock but a win would take the opening challenge for him. A loss though and it’s Bati’s!!

@Ian 1-0 win

Result: Ian 36-34 BatiGoal

Ian holds his nerve and wins it by 2 points!! Looking back it was neck and neck throughout but the turning point hands down was that Getafe game.

Bati now must win Challenge 2 to keep the show on the road but for Ian victory in the next challenge will see him crowned VPL champion.

Well done to both as the challenge is harder than it looks.

image.png.ac1f0199472f3b40c7ac16de7b1fd7b3.png

7 hours ago, samhardy said:

A loss though and it’s Bati’s!!

@Ian 1-0 win

Yikes... pls tell me it wasn't a stoppage time VAR moment 😂 

Great story telling @samhardy definitely a climax.. well of the anti sorts for me... as I carefully prayed and scrolled down gently. 👍 👍