Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

18 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Great first round and congrats Ian, unlucky BG.

Look forward to the next round. 

I'm ready for round #2 but by the looks of it @Ian is not. The poor man's wasted all his energy in round 1 and clearly forgot the fight ain't over yet. Maybe we should allow more recovery time inbetween rounds, so this man can cope 😯

15 hours ago, Rob said:

Gripping. Well done Ian

13 hours ago, MikeF said:

Damn that went close! Well done both.

10 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Holy smokes, what a duel. Congrats @Ian

5 hours ago, Woody said:

A cracking 1st round. Well done done @Ian

3 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Great first round and congrats Ian, unlucky BG.

Look forward to the next round. 

Thanks all, there was precious little in it but at least now regardless of what happens I can say I won one of the final challenges 

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

That was ace! 

It certainly was gripping! I’m obviously going to have enjoyed it but it’s good that others have too. The shoe may well be on the other foot next time so I’ll just enjoy the moment now.

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Yikes... pls tell me it wasn't a stoppage time VAR moment 😂 

Nope, it was a 44th minute goal from Abel Ruiz who seems like a decent prospect. Hard lines though as there was nothing much in that at all.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm ready for round #2 but by the looks of it @Ian is not. The poor man's wasted all his energy in round 1 and clearly forgot the fight ain't over yet. Maybe we should allow more recovery time inbetween rounds, so this man can cope 😯

I am struggling with it I have to say. It’s like Liverpool winning the league, you just expect things will go wrong once the finishing line looks near. We’ve had David James throwing balls into his own net, Howard Webb giving ridiculous penalties to Man Utd, the famous Gerrard slip, somehow not winning it last year, all of which has resulted in me not even being totally sure we’ll win the thing being 25 points in front for crying out loud. So yes I’m worried about this, guess I’ll have to put the kettle on and make myself a cup of tea to try and calm my nerves.

Thank you to the hosts and I look forward to the next challenge.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I am struggling with it I have to say. It’s like Liverpool winning the league, you just expect things will go wrong once the finishing line looks near. We’ve had David James throwing balls into his own net, Howard Webb giving ridiculous penalties to Man Utd, the famous Gerrard slip, somehow not winning it last year, all of which has resulted in me not even being totally sure we’ll win the thing being 25 points in front for crying out loud. So yes I’m worried about this, guess I’ll have to put the kettle on and make myself a cup of tea to try and calm my nerves.

And on top of that, we have to deal with this scary corona virus shit rumors of the PL being canceled. 😮 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Nope, it was a 44th minute goal from Abel Ruiz who seems like a decent prospect. Hard lines though as there was nothing much in that at all.

It really is in the details at this point. I was lucky enough to secure 3pts vs Valladolid being 3-0 down after 72min and still winning 3-4. But then the home loss 0-1 vs Getafe <-- I lost it right there. Great battle for the neutrals not so great for the battlers 🤪

VPL Final - Challenge 2

So after @Ian won the first challenge he goes into this one knowing he is potentially 15 games from glory, but a @BatiGoal win will flip the tables completely and the roles will be reversed.

The Team

I wanted to use a team that was badly struggling in real life, and came across Portimonense in the Portuguese top flight. They have only managed 2 wins all season so far so your job is to bring them success in your short stint at the club.

The Challenge

The theme of being inspired by past challenges continues as this takes inspiration from a few challenges previously used on vibe.

It’s another simple one, no transfers in are allowed and this includes frees and loans.

The only rule is that you will not be able to use any players who’s surname begins with a letter that features in the name of the club. So any player with a surname beginning with P, O, R, T, I, M, N, E, S cannot be used. If a player only goes by one name starting with a banned letter like Olivier then he cannot be used.

If you want to double check you can show me the squad before starting.

You can use players from the reserve squad and grey players can be offered contracts.

Same as the first one, league points only from 15 games. No cup games count and no tiebreakers.

Save Setup

You must use the original DB, no unlockables, but you may use any coaching badge or reputation.

Standard Vibe challenge rules apply of no cheating in anyway.

Screenshots Required

• Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfer page
  • League table
  • Full fixture list
  • Manager profile

Well, I'm done. Last time I felt good and I lost. So this time I decided to feel terrible. 😁 

Whatever the outcome, I did my best on the day. 🙏 

Top notch psychology going on here. BG is currently in the process of growing enough of a perm that he can justifiably bellow ‘tell you what, I’d love it if I beat him, love it.’

VPL Final - Ian v BatiGoal

Challenge 2

Only a few days have passed yet the second challenge has been completed so here I am with the results. Remember BG needs to win or of course tie this challenge to stay in the final but alternatively this could very well be the curtain closer on the 2020 VPL if Ian can claim it.

It’s another toughie but only 15 games to get results with a distinctly average Portimonense squad. Game by game worked perfectly in the first match so that’s what I’m sticking with.

Games 1-5

1. A) P.Ferreira
@Ian 2-0 win
@BatiGoal 1-0 win

2. H) Moreirense
@Ian 1-0 win
@BatiGoal 2-0 win

3. A) Santa Clara
@Ian 1-0 win
@BatiGoal 4-1 win

4. H) Porto
@Ian 1-1 draw
@BatiGoal 3-1 win

5. A) Benfica
@Ian 4-2 loss
@BatiGoal 2-0 loss

So very similarly to the first challenge, it’s Bati who takes first blood. Both got off to a perfect start but slipped up against two of the better teams in Portugal. Ian still in a position to strike though.

Ian 10-12 BatiGoal

Games 6-10

6. H) Vit. Guimaraes
@Ian 2-0 win
@BatiGoal 1-1 draw

7. H) Belenenses
@Ian 1-0 win
@BatiGoal 2-1 win

8. A) Tondela
@Ian 1-0 win
@BatiGoal 1-0 win

9. H) Gil Vincente
@Ian 3-1 win
@BatiGoal 1-0 win

10. A) Vit. Setubal
@Ian 3-1 win
@BatiGoal 2-1 win

What a stunning middle section of the challenge that was! Bati only drops two points but Ian goes on a perfect run just at the right time! That’s also 6/10 clean sheets for Ian who’s defensive qualities have shone throughout this tournament, but remember a draw in this challenge would not be enough as that wouldn’t be two consecutive challenges. They’re tied at the minute... So if Bati can win his last 5 games he will remain in the final whatever happens.

Ian 25-25 BatiGoal

Games 11-15

11. H) Aves
@Ian 3-0 win
@BatiGoal 3-1 win

Nothing to see here... 28-28

12. A) Boavista
@Ian 2-0 win
@BatiGoal 1-0 win

Neither manager giving each other an inch here. Is that draw edging closer or are there still twists in the tail? 31-31

13. A) Braga
@Ian 1-1 draw
@BatiGoal 3-1 loss

😱 It’s the “Getafe moment” all over again!! It looked like Ian had slipped up and opened the door but just as Bati goes to walk through it gets slammed in his face! It’s only a draw for Ian but that could be the most important draw he gets on this year’s edition of FMM as he’s now 2 wins from glory. 32-31

14. H) Rio Ave
@Ian 3-2 win
@BatiGoal 1-1 draw

And that could well be the final nail in the coffin as Bati drops points again meaning he’ll need a miracle in the last match. Ian’s sheer consistency is getting him through this. 35-32

Bati can only tie the challenge now by winning his match and praying for Ian to lose.

15. A) Maritimo
@BatiGoal 2-1 win

Fair play to the Dutchman here as he piles the pressure on Ian with a win in his final game.

If Ian avoids defeat he will win the VPL...

@Ian 3-2 win

Ian 38-35 BatiGoal

🏆🏆🏆 IAN WINS THE 2020 VIBE PREMIER LEAGUE 🏆 🏆🏆

Massive congratulations to Ian for a thoroughly deserved victory. He topped the group phase and then outlasted Bati in two remarkably tight challenges in the final. Commiserations to BG but he fought admirably in the final and fell gut-wrenchingly short, a result or two that went the other way in the final and we could be looking at a different winner.

Once again thanks to everyone who participated and has followed this event, it has been a pleasure to host and thankfully we got a thrilling final to end it.

After 2 months of competition though, it’s the Seahouses Seahorse @Ian who is the third name on the VPL trophy.

image.png.360aeb88ee47275a2e413ccc615c6e82.png

I can't really complain tbh as I felt good about both challenges and don't think I'd score much better if I had a second attempt. I'm just glad this time there were no injuries and such to ruin either man's run. So it's a deserved win for the f*king dog 😂 (sorry @Ian but without the cuss it just doesn't sound the same). 

Thanks to everyone, participants or not, for the comments and the support throughout. Without it there are no community challenges. 

And thanks big to Cat and Fox for hosting the VPL this year. Great challenges, great graphics and great write-ups. 👏 Top work, lads!

Lastly, I offered Sam a life-long award - a heart-shaped 'like' for every future comment (however shitty or lacking of any sort of research or intelligence - nothing unusual there tho) on Vibe to "push" the odds in my favor. But he declined. It takes courage to refuse such a once in a lifetime offer. 

See you at the next one, Vibers 👍 

@Woody, @Mr Tree, @Crashhart, @Rob, @Kanegan

Thank you for the messages of congratulations and support of the event throughout.

Commiserations to @BatiGoal, there was hardly anything at all in either challenges. During the league phase there were a few challenges that I was good at and a few where I wasn’t so I’ve been lucky that both of the final challenges fitted into the first category which gave me a chance. You’d have won more times than lost over an array of different challenges I’m sure but I guess I’ll have to take the glory this time and I have no doubt you’ll be back.

Thank you to our host @samhardy and @Foxy for your fine work on the challenges, graphics and behind the scenes stuff. There was genuine excitement from myself every week when the challenges were posted and then again on results day. It’s not really about who wins in truth and I’m sure all who participated are in agreement that it’s been a fine event and hopefully those who followed also found it great so thank you all.

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

Thank you to our host @samhardy and @Foxy for your fine work on the challenges, graphics and behind the scenes stuff.

I'm getting an uncomfortable vibe from the latter 😂 

Congratulations @Ian for a well deserved victory 👏

Thank you to everyone involved, I think this will go down as one of the best events held on Vibe as you were all involved with that.

The next event will be the Vibe World Cup hosted by myself and starting at the beginning of May so more details will be released nearer the time.

4 minutes ago, omen_peter said:

This has genuinely been a joy to follow! Fantastic entertainment! Well done to everyone involved (including @Ian).

Get yourself active bud and you may find yourself involved next year