Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

33 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Sam will be at the SoL this afternoon

Spending a rainy afternoon watching shit football with a swearing Sam next to me. Added to my bucket list 😂 

19 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Spending a rainy afternoon watching shit football with a swearing Sam next to me. Added to my bucket list 😂 

I went last year to help cheer them to victory but it didn’t work as they lost 5-4 to Coventry. I was in the front row near the corner when one of the Coventry players who had suffered a bit of abuse decided to celebrate his goal right in front of me to my utter disgust. I will be going again but hopefully next time I’ll bring more luck!

51 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Spend a day at SoL sandwiched between Ian and Sam. Bucket list updated 😂 

15th February, Grenoble Road, Oxford.

Oxford vs Sunderland, you and Ian can keep me and Sam apart.

38 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Considering this is what @BatiGoal looks like why wouldn’t anyone flirt although this picture was from a few years back tbf.

Hide contents

65C0BC94-1A53-4E30-9066-BC2CB1D91181.thumb.jpeg.6dbfb4519c824ab4e7141169e2baa618.jpeg

I’m sure I have those trousers indoors, killer moustache though @BatiGoal 😭😭😭

Enjoyable afternoon for you @samhardy at the SoL!

Just back from the riverside myself, unlucky not to get another win against rooney’s FFP dodgers. Even the skunks got a good point so a decent day all round for the NE. 

33 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Enjoyable afternoon for you @samhardy at the SoL!

Just back from the riverside myself, unlucky not to get another win against rooney’s FFP dodgers. Even the skunks got a good point so a decent day all round for the NE. 

And yet we are all garbage! We had 3 more injuries today, thats 16 1st team players out injured now! 

Week 1 Results

Everyone got their scores in quickly for the opening week so here are the results a little earlier than expected. Let’s take a look at who’s got out of the gates quickly and who requires improvement already.

@Mr Tree v @Kanegan

Spoiler

Clubs Used: Tree - St Mirren, Kanegan - Hearts.

Interesting match to take a look at first, both members entertain vibe with their careers but how will they fare against each other in the opening match of the tournament?

Tree struggled for any consistency in the league, winning just 6 of his 19 games compared to the solid yet unspectacular 10 from Kanegan. In fact Kane simply outperformed Tree in the SPL. His total of 40 from points + GD was 22 superior to that of his opponent, giving him a good platform to build on.

The bonus points were much more like it though with Steven Naismith picking up 15 points for Kanegan and Kyle Magennis matching that total for Tree. Unfortunately for the latter though the damage was done in the league and the cups didn’t really matter a jot in this one, although Kane did go all the way to Betfred Cup glory.

A very tough start for Mr Tree but despite Kanegan outperforming him it still wasn’t certain that he’d done enough for the win, thankfully for him though a couple of scores split these two and it’s a scrappy, but deserved win for the Indian to start the campaign.

Result - Mr Tree 0-1 Kanegan

@Woody v @Crashhart

Spoiler

Clubs Used: Woody - Hibs, Crashhart - Aberdeen.

Woody is the only person to compete in all 3 VPL campaigns and he took on a debutant in Crashhart to start the season. Would experience win through or quite the opposite?

It ended up being a clash between first to submit and last to submit and it ended up being a bit of a non contest! Crash earned 45 points from a possible 57 in the league, 12 more than that of Woody, but it was GD that made the big difference here. A massive +33 GD from Crash blew Woody’s +12 out of the water.

Crash also narrowly outperformed his opponent in cups and bonus points, adding a further 16 points to his total to complete an impressive debut. Woody added 11 more but it turned into a bit of a drubbing in the end.

No doubt Woody can perform a lot better than this performance shows but a score of 94 from Crash earned him a comfortable victory. It wasn’t enough for the bonus point though 👀

Result - Woody 0-3 Crashhart

@BatiGoal v @MikeF

Spoiler

Clubs Used: Bati - Hearts, Mike - Kilmarnock.

The ever overrated Bati heads into this tournament still without a big vibe tournament victory to his name and he took on MikeF in the first game of the season.

Mike put in a very solid performance on debut. In fact with bonus points he struck the first blow, taking home a very impressive 20 points as opposed to the 16 Bati could muster with Stephen Naismith. The Dutchman pulled this back in the cups though, but before we take a look at the league Mike is currently a solitary point ahead.

But Bati really put his foot down in the bread and butter of the league season, winning 16 of his 19 games and adding a further 28 points from goal difference giving him a whopping total of 102. Very impressive. He finished 8 ahead of Crashhart in the bonus point battle and the 102 was enough to be the week’s highest score.

Which immediately destroys Mike’s chance of winning, but a draw was still on the cards if he could earn 70 points or more from the league. Unfortunately he could only muster 47, giving Bati a bonus point win to start and although Mike put in a good showing it wasn’t enough to get a result.

Result - BatiGoal 3-2 MikeF

@smoggy90 v @Ian

Spoiler

Clubs Used: Smoggy - Aberdeen, Ian - Aberdeen.

This looked the tie of the round on paper, both losing semi finalists last year hoping to go one or two better this time around. The only match where both picked the same team as well.

It was a scrappy affair though. In terms of league positions there wasn’t a lot in it, Ian 3rd and Smoggy 4th, with just a 7 point advantage for Ian points wise. As it so often is though in these challenges it was GD which made the difference. Ian’s was 6 greater which may not seem a lot but it’s worth much gold in tight matches like this one.

Events in the league gave the Seahouses Seahorse (a nickname given to him by @Foxy) a 13 point advantage going into bonus and cup points. This gap was narrowly extended, meaning Ian finished with a small to moderate lead over Smoggy. On another week this could have been a draw but Mike and Kane both split the totals.

Not the fireworks expected in this one but I’m sure both will improve as the tournament goes on. Ian won’t care one bit about the performance though as he kicks off with 3 important points.

Result - smoggy90 1-2 Ian

Here’s the full scorelist from week 1:

Spoiler
  • BatiGoal - 102
  • Crashhart - 94
  • Ian - 76
  • MikeF - 72
  • Kanegan - 63
  • smoggy90 - 58
  • Woody - 56
  • Mr Tree - 38

Followed by the table. Bati gains the bonus point whilst Tree unfortunately gets the dreaded trip into the minuses. Early days but surprisingly no draws in the opening week mean the playoff spots are currently held by the 4 winners - Bati, Crash, Ian and Kane.

If tied on points, it goes to the result of the match between the two managers level on points, and if that was a draw or not yet played then total overall points accumulated throughout the competition.

image.png.abb6b90689bd791e5428c14215251699.png

38 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

I can’t believe I’m in a group with a Geordie, Mackem and a smoggie, I’m waiting for the punchline

Well done mate a very very solid victory. 

42 minutes ago, Woody said:

And yet we are all garbage! We had 3 more injuries today, thats 16 1st team players out injured now! 

Terrible luck with injuries, and yeah you’re right we’re not great and haven’t been for a long time. Poor for a region so big. 

33 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

I can’t believe I’m in a group with a Geordie, Mackem and a smoggie, I’m waiting for the punchline

No punchline. Just long suffering NE football fans 😂

Thanks for the results Sam and well done to my opponent @Ianand all the other winners. Roll on the next challenge. 

28 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Terrible luck with injuries, and yeah you’re right we’re not great and haven’t been for a long time. Poor for a region so big. 

No punchline. Just long suffering NE football fans 😂

Thanks for the results Sam and well done to my opponent @Ianand all the other winners. Roll on the next challenge. 

Hard lines, it seemed close and it would probably only of took a few goals going the other way and the result would have been reversed. Well done all involved and look forward to the next challenge!

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

Ok so I wasn’t as bad as I thought but well played @BatiGoal. Great league form there - hard to compete with that!

You would have got a draw minimum with that showing most weeks.

Interesting start to the tournament! Here’s week 2 fixtures

786DC7F0-A9CD-4AB3-9774-E7319FDB4629.png.0ce9d262627e6455496283ca17082cf4.png

Challenge will be posted on Monday.

8 hours ago, MikeF said:

Ok so I wasn’t as bad as I thought but well played @BatiGoal. Great league form there - hard to compete with that!

That was pretty close there, well done on the 8+ ratings 👍 I played my Scotsman in AMC as AP, where did you play yours? 

I figured league and GD was where the big pts were at so I picked the team based on that. 

Another thing, I asked for a transfer budget increase multiple times and was lucky enough to get one. That's the reason I was able to afford Ledley's wages and sign a quality Korean. Otherwise I'd never have done so well in the SPL. 

Just now, Kanegan said:

Perhaps I was the only one who picked up the team based on my Scot as I had a fascination for Naismith. 😁

Had Naismith as well, and the two decent strikers at the club that perfectly suited my formation. These three made me go with Hearts. 

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

That was pretty close there, well done on the 8+ ratings 👍 I played my Scotsman in AMC as AP, where did you play yours? 

I figured league and GD was where the big pts were at so I picked the team based on that. 

Mine was IWB. They typically get a high rating in matches so went for the club with a good Scottish WB who could play there. 

Didnt give enough thought to GD. I went for the cup route but with a half season you’re better off focussing in the league and leaving cup out of it to rest players. 

Edited by MikeF