Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Another thing, I asked for a transfer budget increase multiple times and was lucky enough to get one. That's the reason I was able to afford Ledley's wages and sign a quality Korean. Otherwise I'd never have done so well in the SPL. 

All things i should of done, didn’t realise about loans either otherwise I’d of gone for Chong, all lessons I guess, what 4 did everyone go for?

Lewis Ferguson at BBM was my bonus guy. After qualifying for the UEFA cup we were hammered in every group game except one where we drew. Wish I’d put my total focus on the league now but I thought we could pick up the odd home win in UEFA and still be good in the SPL. Suppose we weren’t too bad but was never going to be able to get a massive goal difference with my system. I reckon I’d of been better off going with a top heavy system similar to one I’d used for the goal difference Augusta hole but I just didn’t think the players at a Aberdeen were good enough to pull it off. Maybe they would’ve been though.

Anyway, good luck @Kanegan for the next challenge. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Lewis Ferguson at BBM was my bonus guy. After qualifying for the UEFA cup we were hammered in every group game except one where we drew. Wish I’d put my total focus on the league now but I thought we could pick up the odd home win in UEFA and still be good in the SPL. Suppose we weren’t too bad but was never going to be able to get a massive goal difference with my system. I reckon I’d of been better off going with a top heavy system similar to one I’d used for the goal difference Augusta hole but I just didn’t think the players at a Aberdeen were good enough to pull it off. Maybe they would’ve been though.

Anyway, good luck @Kanegan for the next challenge. 

I went with Ferguson as a BBM too, didn’t make group stage of europa tho as Torino knocked us out. 

My 4 signings were forwards and all freebies. My welsh guy Thomas was pick of the bunch. Went for Marvin emnes and Emmanuel Thomas but couldn’t afford wages. 

I went with a midfield 4 and wish id spent more time scouting de Wit, James Lawrence (Cm) Sean Goss and Hao Junmin, Hao and Wit had really good crossing though so thats probably what saved me, Scott Mckenna was quality as a bonus player, he shouldnt be in that league

I've mentioned a lot of it already, but I've settled on an effective system for my main save, and the only flat four it has is in defence. So I looked for a good IF to use and then tried to see if the other midfielders and forwards were usable. To be fair there were quite a few options, and I was just a little unlucky / stupid in overestimating the saints midfielders, plus forgetting about transfer budgets and club desirability as a factor. I got good Dutch and Japanese full-backs on loan, and premier league youngsters in centre defence who didn't let me down, but I should've gone for a stronger team.

3 hours ago, MikeF said:

Mine was IWB. They typically get a high rating in matches so went for the club with a good Scottish WB who could play there. 

I'm definitely lacking experience in the IWB department. It's one of my 2020 resolutions to try my least fav/used player roles, incl IWB, A, and DFB. 

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm definitely lacking experience in the IWB department. It's one of my 2020 resolutions to try my least fav/used player roles, incl IWB, A, and DFB. 

Ive just started using a 2-2-2-2-2 to great success with IWB, usually gives you a lot defensively while letting you have all the CMs get forward, the only drawback im finding is it just wont work with IF as you completely loose your width, might be worth a try at setting the shape to wide

2 hours ago, Crashhart said:

All things i should of done, didn’t realise about loans either otherwise I’d of gone for Chong, all lessons I guess, what 4 did everyone go for?

Midfield of Dekker(free) - Baningime(loan) - Ledley(free) - SeonMin(700k).

But my top performers were without a doubt the 3 already at the club, Naismith(AP), Ikpeazu(TM), Washington(P) scoring a combined 50+gls and 30+ass

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200112-203105.thumb.png.9380db93d0ac980a9aac46eff9756a4b.png

Screenshot_20200112-203100.thumb.png.14efc9e25a2b8b2245b7c6a0da09c4f9.png

Either one perhaps not great as a lone striker but together they seemed to complement one another. 

19 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Big loss from you Bati. These 3 roles are very impressive for me

6 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Big loss from you Bati. These 3 roles are very impressive for me

I just haven't experimented as much with def roles as I have with att roles. But that is going to change.

37 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

plus forgetting about transfer budgets

If it wasn't for this I'd have missed out on 2/4 midfielders. Would've been an entirely different season for me. 

Seems my scouting/transfer accumin wasnt anywhere near as good as the rest of you. 

I went with a flat back four. 

Screenshot_2020-01-10-17-13-16.thumb.png.860f50f1833377770819fc34a55eca24.pngScreenshot_2020-01-10-17-13-09.thumb.png.e93845a55b5b07bb4dab84a4ea92ff63.pngScreenshot_2020-01-10-17-13-01.thumb.png.a8a771127195553d68590d53cf00fac9.pngScreenshot_2020-01-10-17-12-49.thumb.png.f8199bfdc1ea65c4c17bb71859300782.png

Safe to say they didnt perform aswel as i had hoped. 

I went with:

Godfried Frimpong (Dutch LB, Loan) - Looks a good prospect and did well but was injured a lot.

Jordan Willis (English CB, £1.6m) - Good player who did a good job for me at Sunderland and I was confident he’d do ok at this level even on first season.

Koo Ja-Ryong (South Korean CB, 995k) - I was pretty sure I’d have work permit problems and they’d go to appeal so I bid for four players and was just going to go for the first that I could get. This guy wasn’t first choice but was good enough.

Joe Partington (Welsh RB, Free) - Wasn’t great but didn’t really let us down.

We conceded 19 league goals which was ok considering six of them came in one game against Rangers. Had trouble scoring though as we only managed 32 but I can never seem to score a lot on first seasons for some reason.

Here are my 4. Flat 4 midfield W/AP/AP/W with IWB right behind the wingers covering midfield when APs go roaming  safe to say they weren't up to it 😂 

E4E03A4D-27EA-4406-AA45-02F164426F2D.thumb.png.e13ac03816a0836e9b7d1b4e22dbd09c.png

15B09C6F-0908-4EB8-B6FF-6FB7139F8D47.thumb.png.5afe4285d0277de20216f8775c97f1bc.png

63A3D62B-6D5F-424A-9D20-916DF6B75611.thumb.png.2d57ede295c75d8da78c0a89bff47415.png

1A933440-EFAE-4C19-8554-173B687BE50D.thumb.png.59d5b6d8361680c7ecd1563259865d26.png

And my Scot:

8131B87B-F3CA-4C3A-8F5B-3088F6D953E0.thumb.png.bd3e5ef2330f3ff51bcc89b96bad761e.png

636400575_foxyforecast.thumb.png.342927241ce0f3f73403a9628f4d457d.png

After an exciting first week with not a draw in sight 4 managers will be looking to consolidate there playoff place whilst the other 4 will be desperate to get off the mark and set there campaign alight.

Week 2 Fixtures Preview

@MikeF v @Crashhart

Crashhart gate crashed the competition with an excellent first week performance whilst Mike found the first challenge more of a struggle. This is still a tough match up to predict though as both are still relatively new to these types of events and so it could go either way.

Foxy’s Prediction: I think Mike will come out fighting this week but it will only be enough to get a draw against Crash.

@Ian v @Kanegan

This match has the makings of a really humdinger as two of last weeks winners take each other on. This will be a real chance for two competitors with real playoff aspirations to strike an early blow over the other whilst also cementing there own place in the top 4.

Foxy’s Prediction: This is almost too close to call but I think Ian is very battle hardened at the moment due to his Augusta attempt and that will give him the edge.

@Mr Tree v @smoggy90

The Parmo Army were disappointed after week 1 as Smoggy lost the North East Derby to Ian and he will be looking to bounce back this week against the Czech Chestnut. Mr Tree also lost out to Kanegan and suffered the ignominy of posting the weeks worst score so he goes into this week on -1. That will all be forgotten though if he can get a result here.

Foxy’s Prediction: I think Smoggy will have too much for Tree and will get his campaign off the mark.

@BatiGoal v @Woody

Bati went into week 1 with the tag of favourite for the whole event hanging over him but he proved the pressure isn’t yet getting too him as he posted the weeks highest score. On the other hand Woody needs a performance this week after struggling in week 1 as he looks to kick start his quest for a playoff spot.

Foxy’s Prediction: I think Bati will continue his perfect start with another win.

I will be posting the next challenge tomorrow evening.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

636400575_foxyforecast.thumb.png.342927241ce0f3f73403a9628f4d457d.png

After an exciting first week with not a draw in sight 4 managers will be looking to consolidate there playoff place whilst the other 4 will be desperate to get off the mark and set there campaign alight.

Week 2 Fixtures Preview

@MikeF v @Crashhart

Crashhart gate crashed the competition with an excellent first week performance whilst Mike found the first challenge more of a struggle. This is still a tough match up to predict though as both are still relatively new to these types of events and so it could go either way.

Foxy’s Prediction: I think Mike will come out fighting this week but it will only be enough to get a draw against Crash.

@Ian v @Kanegan

This match has the makings of a really humdinger as two of last weeks winners take each other on. This will be a real chance for two competitors with real playoff aspirations to strike an early blow over the other whilst also cementing there own place in the top 4.

Foxy’s Prediction: This is almost too close to call but I think Ian is very battle hardened at the moment due to his Augusta attempt and that will give him the edge.

@Mr Tree v @smoggy90

The Parmo Army were disappointed after week 1 as Smoggy lost the North East Derby to Ian and he will be looking to bounce back this week against the Czech Chestnut. Mr Tree also lost out to Kanegan and suffered the ignominy of posting the weeks worst score so he goes into this week on -1. That will all be forgotten though if he can get a result here.

Foxy’s Prediction: I think Smoggy will have too much for Tree and will get his campaign off the mark.

@BatiGoal v @Woody

Bati went into week 1 with the tag of favourite for the whole event hanging over him but he proved the pressure isn’t yet getting too him as he posted the weeks highest score. On the other hand Woody needs a performance this week after struggling in week 1 as he looks to kick start his quest for a playoff spot.

Foxy’s Prediction: I think Bati will continue his perfect start with another win.

I will be posting the next challenge tomorrow evening.

If game one was anything to go by then the playoffs could be a pipe dream. 

23 minutes ago, Woody said:

If game one was anything to go by then the playoffs could be a pipe dream. 

You may have noticed I'm one of your profile page visitors as of today. Worry not, I'm no fan, I'm merely keeping my 👀 on you to check your every move on this site. Anything to gain an advantage over you is fair game in my book. This includes, stalking, talking shit and downplaying all achievements to get you into the worst possible shape before challenge kick-off. 

Our duel starts now, amigo! 

20 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You may have noticed I'm one of your profile page visitors as of today. Worry not, I'm no fan, I'm merely keeping my 👀 on you to check your every move on this site. Anything to gain an advantage over you is fair game in my book. This includes, stalking, talking shit and downplaying all achievements to get you into the worst possible shape before challenge kick-off. 

Our duel starts now, amigo! 

Its on biiiiiiitch 

30 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Using the latest in time travel technology I can actually bring to you all the footage of the moment that @BatiGoal reads that @Woody beat him in this weeks challenge.

9657CFDC-6CCA-483C-BDBF-34787C61DD3F.thumb.gif.f1dadffc36b947a8742778b7c01b6973.gif

That would be nice

I'd love to join in the banter, but confidence is low...

Previous target: score a "goal" at some point in the competition (=don't finish in the bottom 2 of every challenge)

New target: -6 points (=don't finish bottom for every challenge)

Spoiler

Just kidding - I'm gonna come through and take 4th place, just you wait!

46 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Using the latest in time travel technology I can actually bring to you all the footage of the moment that @BatiGoal reads that @Woody beat him in this weeks challenge.

9657CFDC-6CCA-483C-BDBF-34787C61DD3F.thumb.gif.f1dadffc36b947a8742778b7c01b6973.gif

Shoot! No need to participate in the next round then. Sigh. I'll take that default 0-3 loss to Woodyman then, hosts, thank you.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Shoot! No need to participate in the next round then. Sigh. I'll take that default 0-3 loss to Woodyman then, hosts, thank you.

Yup i'm happy with that 😉

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Does this mean i get the bonus point?