Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 minute ago, Woody said:

You maybe be surprised by this but i have yet to post my results 😊

Forgot about you Woodster. The perennial last minute man. 😁

51 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The list of who’s submitted is in the OP each week so still @BatiGoal, @smoggy90 and @Woody to submit.

Good news for those who got on at 8/1 at the start of the competition for Woody to submit last every week.

I have to keep up my reputation bud. 

11 hours ago, Ian said:

I can’t be vegan but not sure whether I’ve been enough to the meaty side.

Screw the results, mate, how about a "handshake" draw right now? 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Im finished. Will post on my lunch break. 

I wonder how ive done 😕😒

hopefully nearly as badly as me so that i can salvage a point from this disaster :(

5 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Mine will be in this morning, just two league games left to play.

Mate I’d just forfeit them two, your gonna win anyway

Now that all results are in I can say I'm glad it's over. Bring us the scores!

Age? Cursed? Illiterate? Overrated? Ring rust? Just throwing out a few ideas for anyone looking for an excuse 😉 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Age? Cursed? Illiterate? Overrated? Ring rust? Just throwing out a few ideas for anyone looking for an excuse 😉 

Overweight?? 😉

6 hours ago, Crashhart said:

Mate I’d just forfeit them two, your gonna win anyway

I don’t know about that mate, it‘s anyone’s game I reckon. 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

VAR?

7 hours ago, Woody said:

Overweight?? 😉

This certainly applied to the refs refereeing my players. My games were so fast paced that only the fittest refs were able to keep up. Barely. 

4 hours ago, Ian said:

VAR?

👍 Got your excuse in already I see. 

15 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

I don’t know about that mate, it‘s anyone’s game I reckon. 

I was quite confident and now I’m not, this game is literally playing mind games with me 

1 hour ago, Crashhart said:

I was quite confident and now I’m not, this game is literally playing mind games with me 

Thats the VPL for ya.... Makes mice out of men!! 

Week 3 Results

All results are in for the third week of the tournament and it’s time to have a look at how everyone got on. This round of fixtures saw the top two and the bottom two go head to head alongside two other intriguing clashes as well

@Kanegan v @MikeF

Spoiler

Teams Used: Kanegan - Beijing, MikeF - Guangzhou

The two tactics in operation here couldn’t really have been any more different. Mike went for a remarkable 2-2-2-2-2 formation, all in a solid line up the field, whereas Kanegan went for a much more orthodox 3-1-2-1-3. As we know though this is FMM and you can make almost any tactic work which was certainly the case for Mike as he swept aside the competition the Chinese league had to offer, picking up 38 points from his 15 games adding 29 further points to his score from GD. Kane also topped the standings albeit with 4 less points than his opponent, but with a much lesser GD of 14. Advantage Mike before looking at the bonus points.

Zhang Yuning successfully earned Kane 28 points as his emperor, with 21 goals and 7 assists. This put him back in front but only briefly as Mike outscored him on bonus points as well with 36 from Elkeson to comfortably finish with the higher score and win.

Respectable performance from both but Kanegan slips to back to back wins, whilst the news just gets better for Mike as his effort of 103 was narrowly enough to take top score for the round and earn a second successive bonus point!

Result - Kanegan 1-3 MikeF

@Crashhart v @smoggy90

Spoiler

Teams Used: Crashhart - Guangzhou, smoggy90 - Beijing

The tactics on show in this encounter were fairly similar, both going for almost identical, both going with 3 up top but Crash decided to pack the midfield a bit more whereas Smoggy went for an extra centre back.

In fact all aspects of this were extremely close. Crash had the upper hand in terms of results, earning 6 more points from his 15 games than his opponent, but Smog had a superior GD to narrow the gap to 3 points between the two meaning it all came down to bonus points.

Elkeson proved to be a popular choice of emperor this week and he was also the man for Crash, scoring 19 and assisting 7 to give him a 29 point advantage over Smoggy. But Smoggy hit back, securing 30 combined goal contributions with Zhang Yuning meaning there was only one solitary point to separate the two!

A hard fought draw isn’t really what either were looking for but it could be an important point come the end of the 7 weeks.

Result - Crashhart 2-2 smoggy90

@Woody v @Mr Tree

Spoiler

Teams Used: Woody - Shandong, Mr Tree - Beijing

The bottom two went head to head here both desperate for a win to kickstart their season. Woody opted for the popular 3-1-2-1-3 system whilst Tree really packed the midfield with what was effectively a 3-5-2/3-6-1. Woody looked to have put his horrible start to the campaign behind him as he had a good go at things in the league, topping the pile with 35 points and a GD of 18. Unfortunately for Tree though after a promising performance last week he regressed back to week 1 levels of performance, crashing to a disastrous 10th place in the league with a negative GD to boot. He couldn’t even muster any bonus points and surely this is the boost Woody’s season needed.

But no!! There’s always drama when Woody’s involved and as it happened he needed a measly 21 bonus points, and his highest goals and assists combined equalled that exact number, but he was Portuguese as he just couldn’t get anything out of a Chinese player. Both players go without bonus points, and this one ends in a miserable 0-0 draw but on the bright side both of these are now out of minus points.

Result - Woody 0-0 Mr Tree

@Ian v @BatiGoal

Spoiler

Teams Used: Ian - Guangzhou, BatiGoal - Guangzhou

A battle between the top two is always exciting and all signs pointed to a cracker here. Ian went for a 3-3-1-3 formation, differing substantially to the narrow 3-6-1 Bati opted for. Both tactics worked though and to some tune, both managers finishing unbeaten with 13 wins from 15, and a pair of hefty goal differences as well. Bati boasted a whopping 73 points from the league, 2 ahead of Ian.

But they say a picture paints a thousand words and it all fell apart for the Dutchman halfway through the challenge!

image.png.031d3636ba8122a75297451b7068c392.png

No bonus points achieved as he was forced to just make the most of his league run :O Shocking timing to get an injury like this and despite a pretty average emperor performance of 27 from Elkeson for Ian it is enough for him to saunter to another victory!

Ian maintains his perfect start to the season and you would have thought is potentially only 3 or 4 points away from qualification already but this will be a tough one to take for Bati as the injury robbed him of any chance of a result.

Result - Ian 3-1 BatiGoal

Here is the full scorelist from another drama filled week:

Spoiler
  • MikeF - 103
  • Ian - 98
  • smoggy90 - 86
  • Crashhart - 85
  • Kanegan - 77
  • BatiGoal - 73
  • Woody - 53
  • Mr Tree - 13

The table is starting to take shape with Ian leading the way with Bati close behind, followed by Mike who leaps up a couple of places to third. Crash completes the top 4 for the time being, but Kanegan and Smog are in striking distance. It looks a tough ask now for bottom 2 Tree and Woody but a couple of wins would put either of them right back in the mix.

image.png.ff5d214ac64f1066a2355e346a4a2e70.png

Crikey, didn't think i'd done that well! Good game all, can't imagine i'll be in the play off position for long but it's nice to see the view from up here if only for a week.

Elkeson was my guy too. He did amazing. Nearly got popped by Gao Lin but luckily he was injured and missed a few games. 

I totally misread the rules and when you said players had to be DC/DM/CM/AM/CF I literally did that!

B23DA57F-F5C3-482C-A7F9-2DF2C6F030FD.thumb.png.3468e65e2bbe427adfaed48bffe0734f.png

Little did I know that I’d unleashed the dragon. A few of these results along the way though:

B106194A-FFB4-4B14-9048-2B71D3974057.thumb.png.fdeb3bd9e9f413851ed0188e8537d85b.png

Good game @Kanegan

Edited by MikeF
3 minutes ago, MikeF said:

I totally misread the rules and when you said players had to be DC/DM/CM/AM/CF I literally did that!

B23DA57F-F5C3-482C-A7F9-2DF2C6F030FD.thumb.png.3468e65e2bbe427adfaed48bffe0734f.png

That formation 😂 love it 👍 

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Unlucky @BatiGoal, my Elkeson only suffered a three week layoff which was only a couple of league games I think. When your luck’s in, your luck’s in.

All part of the game, mate, this week it's me, next week it might be someone else. Or just me again 😂 but yeah that injury was annoying as it was so mid challenge there was no way for me to try a new guy and catch up for lost time and goals. Real shame tho as we were neck and neck up till that point. A great battle ruined by an FMM curveball 😒

Some entertaining battles this week again. Great stuff everyone! 

Screenshot_2020-01-22-11-11-00-92.thumb.png.1d9877df54cd5ab0ed1ead4f7b93e0bb.png

I went with a pretty standard formation and fortunately for Bakambu got injured so Yuning pushed his luck and became the emperor but in the end, it was not enough due to my weak GD.

4 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Screenshot_2020-01-22-11-11-00-92.thumb.png.1d9877df54cd5ab0ed1ead4f7b93e0bb.png

I went with a pretty standard formation and fortunately for Bakambu got injured so Yuning pushed his luck and became the emperor but in the end, it was not enough due to my weak GD.

Nice looking diamond in the center. Always love the diamond formations but not always easy to make em work. It was a challenge that forced us out of our comfort zones and be creative with formations. Exactly the way I like it. Once again, great challenges so far @Foxy @samhardy keep em coming.