Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Last weeks challenge was dedicated to one of Darts most flamboyant characters and this weeks challenge is based around someone who has an equally exuberant reputation.

I present to you all Lee Christopher Trundle the ultimate lower league flair player.

A4495D1A-1C41-4DD0-9E0D-0949551F2578.thumb.jpeg.2f2430e762e17efc159f890c0e092a89.jpeg

Through the 00’s Lee became one of the most recognised footballers in the UK and this despite the fact that the highest level he ever played was the Championship for Swansea and Bristol City and even then only for three seasons. The rest of his career was spent either in non league, the bottom two divisions of the Football League or Welsh Football so why did he gain such notoriety?

Simply it was his ability to produce the spectacular with a football as he possessed plenty of ability but perhaps lacked the dedication or professionalism to make it at the higher levels of the game. He was helped by the rise of both the internet and also satellite TV as his skills were perfect for clips and Sky’s Soccer AM show is particular brought him to the attention of the nation. 

His fame reached such an extent that he was able to negotiate an image rights clause into his contract at Swansea, something that was unheard of at the time outside the very top levels of the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Trundle

I think this video sums up the kind of player Lee was perfectly.

Week 2 Challenge: Lee Trundle

Lee hasn’t played in the Football League since 2013 but that hasn’t meant he stopped playing and at the age of 43 is still playing his trade in the Welsh leagues.

This means he is in the DB this season. 

9DF13F1D-EC8A-4392-9314-5C96D75CA696.thumb.png.189d70cffbd920e00b06e4d8eccdb643.png

In 2017 he hit the headlines again as he scored 8 hat tricks and 45 goals in total as he helped Llanelli Town get promoted to the Welsh Premier Division at the age of 40.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/39740587

Your challenge is to give him another season of glory by getting as many hat tricks as possible, beating his 45 goals and winning the league.

Club Choice

You may manage any of his former teams or his current club. Below is a list of his teams that are available in the game and the league system they play in.

Llanelli - Wales

Ammanford - Wales (current club)

Rhyl - Wales

Haverfordwest - Wales

Swansea - England 

Wrexham - England

Bristol City - England

Preston North End

Leeds -England

Chorley - England

Southport - England

Chester - England

• 3 points for every hat trick Trundle scores in all competitions.
  • You will get 1 pt for every goal he scores in all competitions but only if he scores more than 45 goals in the season.
  • You will get your total league points but only if you win the league.

So it is possible to score zero points this week.

Rules and Clarifications

• This is a full season challenge.
  • Your only transfer into the club will be Trundle or if you use Ammanford you will sign no players. You may sell whoever you want
  • You only get his goal points if he scores 45 or more goals in all competitions.
  • You only get your league points if you win the league.
  • You get 3 points for every hat trick he gets whether you meet the criteria for the other points or not.
  • You must manage one of his former teams from the list above.
  • You can have any reputation or coaching badge you want.
  • No editing, reloading or cheating in anyway.
  • If asked you must submit the save to myself or Sam and failure to do so will result in a zero score and possible elimination from the event.
  • Have fun.

Screenshots

• Trundle’s attributes at the beginning and end of the season.
  • Trundle’s history at the end of the season.
  • Matches that he scores a hat trick.
  • Final league table.
  • Transfers in and out at the end of the season.
  • Manager history and profile.

Please submit your score to Sam in the PM thread you already have open with him for this event. 

DEADLINE: Sunday 19th January 2020 @11.59pm UK Time

Any questions just ask and good luck to you all.

Cant believe we get to use the legend Trundle in a challenge...cracking idea Foxy. 

Best of luck everyone. 

Edited by Woody

Yeah I love it, always loved him as a player, can't believe he's still going! I see three strong options for choice of club... It certainly does need careful thought, which is where I'll come unfortunately unstuck, but I'll do my best smog! 

Foxy Forecast, what's the odds on me being the only player to score zero, please? :(

Is this the right time to declare I’ve never even attempted a 1000k challenge or any single goal scorer challenge, may have to experiment with some other saves this week before attempting *gulp*

1 hour ago, Crashhart said:

Is this the right time to declare I’ve never even attempted a 1000k challenge or any single goal scorer challenge, may have to experiment with some other saves this week before attempting *gulp*

Perfect chance to join the 100 club here ;) 

Fantastic challenge. Hope he gets injured for some of you 😂 

Indeed many things to consider. Lemme start by having a very good look at the eligible squads. 

Another cracking challenge. Great to use another legendary veteran. Not played any lower league or welsh football in 20 though so this might be tricky. 

Oh dear, I've made a terrible decision in the team I picked. I'm on the verge of being sacked! @Woody no need to take any risks, mate, I suggest you go easy on this challenge. Just ride it out 👍 

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Oh dear, I've made a terrible decision in the team I picked. I'm on the verge of being sacked! @Woody no need to take any risks, mate, I suggest you go easy on this challenge. Just ride it out 👍 

mmm yeah, believe it when i see it. it's a natural, but foolish, temptation to take Chorley - i pity the fool...

56 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I know I live in the countryside but I’m getting the smell of manure and it seems to be coming from this post!

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Dont worry mate.... Im totally relaxed. 

14 minutes ago, Woody said:

Dont worry mate.... Im totally relaxed. 

Good choice 👍 

Sacked. Early November. I'm done. Results sent. 

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

My gamble is paying off. Trundle crosses 40 in his first 12 matches. I may land up with a huge score. No pressure @Ian, just keep going.

I finished last night. I’m not giving anything away, you’ll just have to wait until the results to find out how I did.

17 minutes ago, Woody said:

Did anyone hear the Trundle interview on TalkSport this morning? 

about the VPL?! "it's an honour to be involved" etc? :D

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

I finished last night. I’m not giving anything away, you’ll just have to wait until the results to find out how I did.

you smashed a whole season in a night?! and not even giving us a little tease? boooo...

i was falling asleep by the end of August here. gagging to get back on but alas, pretending to work for now :(

10 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

you smashed a whole season in a night?! and not even giving us a little tease? boooo...

i was falling asleep by the end of August here. gagging to get back on but alas, pretending to work for now :(

The game is incredibly fast on my new iPad so you can just power through.

Okay, I did shite and that’s no joke.

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

The game is incredibly fast on my new iPad so you can just power through.

Okay, I did shite and that’s no joke.

didn't even go unbeaten, and Trundle only got 50? yeah, i know how this goes :D

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

didn't even go unbeaten, and Trundle only got 50? yeah, i know how this goes :D

I might have my many faults but I’m at least honest so trust me. Good luck yourself though, I am rooting for you and hopefully you’ll beat my score and get yourself some well deserved points.