Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Going Dutch- 3 triple threats 3 double troubles and a 1k

Almost titled The Dutch S(c)log, because folks, this is going to be a long bumpy road!

My first save on the EME so I wanted to keep things simple, get a feel for the old girl so to speak. What is more simple than a nice goal based career, it helps that it's also a whole heap of fun scoring goals!

Which goal based challenge should this career be about though? I do love a 1k but then the TT is my real passion humm, not many DTs on vibe at the moment. 

Keep it simple billy, you have never done an eme save before and have only played 10 games into the first season using it!

Simple, right in that case why complicate matters. Let's just do them ALL.

Lock, stock the f'ing lot. 

Challenge objectives 

- 2 double troubles

- A Triple threat

- 100 international goals

Better pick a European super power to do that, said nobody ever ......

GBquMIp.jpg

Edited by billy2shots

Season 1 and player intro  

I have never done a Dutch career before so wanted to go the whole hog. Dutch team and Dutch players.

With £2m in the bank it was decision time. I bought in a player that will be no surprise to anyone, he cost me every penny of my budget so he better be worth it

JB3KvJu.jpg

Naci was already being used by scratch on here and since I started this I have seen him started on two other peoples saves. For that reason he will be in the DT and TT but will not be my main man.

Money gone it was time to look for the second player to give me a chance of success. One player stood out in the first team, young and decent starting stats. Already badged 'wonder kid' this had to be a great choice. Didn't it? Please tell me it is! What do you mean it's not! More on that later......

QJ1sIbq.jpg

Doing TTs and DTs will always steal goals from the primary goal scorer to my 1k man would need to play for a long time, possibly 20 seasons. Myron is only 18 but if I could go younger I would.

Luckily i had Jong Az who gifted me this chap

8gDdNwi.jpg

Promising striker and £1.9m at 16. That could be a good recipe. You are now promoted to my full team and will be the star (hopefully) of the show.

The Whole of the AZ squad is young and it showed big time. Europe was a complete disaster going out in the early rounds of the UEFA cup to Lazio. Big games saw me being hammered by PSV, Ajax etc and my defenders were dreadful. Still, a reasonable start none the less.

AnnCEq7.jpg

dCmMsAY.jpg

The main men

P7CM4Z9.jpg

XdijyJw.jpg

cHdw907.jpg

53 goals in total..... I did say it was going to be a slog.

Great club. Of course you could've gone for the obvious ones but this league as well as the added challenge of rivaling PSV Ajax and Feyenoord to some extent should keep things exciting for a good number of seasons. 

I have a similar career in mind following my amateur garbage. So looking forward to seeing how this ride works out for you. 

Great choice of club and player either. Doing badly at first season are just normal. Great score as well

Might also think about doing a 1kc either just don’t know if I should

4 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Great choice of club and player either. Doing badly at first season are just normal. Great score as well

First few seasons with young players is always like pulling teeth

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great club. Of course you could've gone for the obvious ones but this league as well as the added challenge of rivaling PSV Ajax and Feyenoord to some extent should keep things exciting for a good number of seasons. 

I have a similar career in mind following my amateur garbage. So looking forward to seeing how this ride works out for you. 

My plan since the start has been to weaken the big 3 by buying or unsettling their players. It's worked a treat.

The league is weird. Not a massive amount of games in the league or cup which is obviously a disadvantage but the winter break really compacts things so it means playing every 3 days when in Europe. Not ideal but I should have tested first.

4 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

First few seasons with young players is always like pulling teeth

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

My plan since the start has been to weaken the big 3 by buying or unsettling their players. It's worked a treat.

The league is weird. Not a massive amount of games in the league or cup which is obviously a disadvantage but the winter break really compacts things so it means playing every 3 days when in Europe. Not ideal but I should have tested first.

I'm having massive issues with leaving this current page to copy pictures and return here. 2 in depth updates lost so here's a shortened version. 

season 2 & 3

h6mv1iD.jpg

KPjJqJj.jpg

No money to spend, players still young, half the team wants to go to a bigger club blah blah,

Boadu the hardest player I have ever had to manage, constantly moaning and then this

DQ0733x.jpg

Most normal saves would be binned at this point but this isn't a normal save.

So in those two seasons the goals were as follows 

NfnG7xt.jpg

F7moNYf.jpg

wOsYTVe.jpg

Not good. After 3 seasons the totals are

TT - 144

1k total - 48

These are 1 season numbers not 3!

Stick to the OME billy.

season 4

Come at me bro

8aLOu1I.jpg

Things starting to take shape. Squad maturing and 2 quality centrebacks brought in on free transfers. Schuurs from Ajax and Armini from Lazio.

This was a welcome surprise 

SvqwBaI.jpg

Myron is still a bellend though. 9 months out doesn't help

l4NNyKB.jpg

OYUNXYJ.jpg

RuRmipX.jpg

71 to add to the total  

TT total - 215

1k - 85

International goals will be added at the end of the career. Nice and clean because they had no caps or goals before I got the job.

Man, I know the feeling of losing updates and I don't recommend anybody be near me 😂 

Terrible luck losing Boadu for the entire season, major setback there but what do you do. A couple swear words lighter and off you go preparing for the next game. That Holland job should certainly help recover some of the lost goals. 

Lazy update, season 5,6,7,8,9

Ivt1mtw.jpg

QZN4dcJ.jpg

PpReuzQ.jpg

CH3tXkW.jpg

JM6rrcY.jpg

Some outstanding seasons there. A couple of undefeated seasons with my final season being my best ever on FMM.

+149 goal difference in the league and no droped points. Happy with that for my first ever EME save.

The Champions League trophy has found a new home with us winning it 6 times in a row, we are currently club world champs and have a new 80,000 seat Stadium. However 75% of my team constantly want to move to 'a bigger club' Red messages everywhere!

Next up player focus.

Team goals are going grand but player performance isn't really on track. Multiple challenges of 1k, DT and TT means the goals are spread across the front line with backup attackers scoring 20/30 a season when filling in for injured, unfit or suspended key men.

Internationals are completely messing this up with my 25 year olds still playing for the u21s leaving them unfit for the full dutch team. I needed international goals to even have a chance of completing this.....

Anyhow, 

Myron, possibly the weakest of my 3 key players. 

103 goals since the last update. 

xymx4ZG.jpg

Naci, I do love this guy. 

174 goals since my last update

C3qJ472.jpg

Barasi, 282 goals since last update.

OUSVyoP.jpg

Triple threat current total - 774 goals. Over half way now

1k current total - 367. This is not looking good.....

Players are 25-27 years old  now.

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Lazy update, season 5,6,7,8,9

🤣

+149 goal difference in the league and no droped points. Happy with that for my first ever EME save.

That's outstanding. Don't think I reached that in my current save. Guessing around the 130+ mark. 

1k current total - 367. This is not looking good..... 

Oof, real challenge there considering his age. Btw I thought you got the ITN job already, no? Probably mixed up with someone else's career. As you say, looks like you're going to need those to complete it. 

22 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

🤣

That's outstanding. Don't think I reached that in my current save. Guessing around the 130+ mark. 

Oof, real challenge there considering his age. Btw I thought you got the ITN job already, no? Probably mixed up with someone else's career. As you say, looks like you're going to need those to complete it. 

I’ve had the ITN job for years mate. Unfortunately my players are unfit to play because at 25/26 they are still ALSO in the U21s who always play a day earlier. 

Just played the European championships and I couldn’t play 2 of my players in the semi final because they jetted off to play an U21s friendly 😂

SI seem happy to ignore my posts on this in the bug thread. 

31 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

because at 25/26 they are still ALSO in the U21s who always play a day earlier. 

Another FMM farce 👎

Season 10

Another monster season and I managed the +150 goal difference in the league. Not quite the perfect season to match last year but pretty darn close.

Vsac2f0.jpg

Players development and season performance 

My 3 main men are fully developed now so time to share what they look like in their prime. All 3 had a variety of training to make sure they were well rounded. Inside Forward, complete, Forward, Advanced Forward for all 3 plus Winger for Naci and Myron because they play as left and right forwards.

4oIKPAH.jpg

wPkv0p9.jpg

A bit of a shock writting this. I didn't think Myron was that old yet! I'm definitely behind in this challenge. Myron is the weakest player of the 3. Not really outstanding at anything. Very streaky when it comes to goal scoring. 

fdsxhPf.jpg

s9X3Px2.jpg

This dude is a beast. Well rounded and scores well whilst assisting enough. My favourite player of the 3. 40 goals this season in a 3 man attack cannot be sneezed at.

ZHuqOvi.jpg

moU6CZN.jpg

Greens in all the right areas. I would sacrifice a bit of creativity and teamwork for more stamina, heading and strength but we can't have everything. Stamina of 15 but can never play more than 70 minutes. 69 goals this season. It's good but it's not really enough.

Hit the 1000 team goals a few seasons back but forgot to upload

wWMrOuT.jpg

3.31 goals a game. Pretty poor but I made a tweak a couple of seasons in that has me going at nearly 4 goals a game now and concedes far less.

Scores on the doors

1k Total = 436

Tripple Threat total = 904

Double Troubles to be worked out at the end.

I will share my tactic after the next seasons upload.

Those players look incredible, Ünüvar in particular. And that 170 GF - monstrous with just 34 league games. A perfect 5gl/m average. 

You sir are ripping the Dutch league apart. 👍 

Thanks Bati, I’ve seen Unuvar better in some areas on other people’s saves but I think I have ended up with a very well rounded player with impressive stats in all the key areas. 

season 11

Team Performance was good. The CL as usual was probably the easiest thing to win. We know the AI is rubbish at squad building but at least it makes an effort in the league you're playing in. European teams end up hopeless. 

lW8IHOz.jpg

Before I post player screenshots. I must confess to dropping the ball. I posted the last seasons before I realised the Club World Cup was happening. I will have to add a couple of goals for last years total. I really hate the new format for that competition! Please see last seasons screenshots and this years to see the difference in goals for the 28/29 season.

bPB9bbC.jpg

Myron managed an average 21 this season with 2 also added in for last years CWC. So that's 23 goals to add to the total.

TUehN3g.jpg

My favourite player Naci added 33 goals this term plus 3 goals from the cWC so 36 goals to add to the total. 

EgTAnBy.jpg

Barasi adds 63 goals from this season and 4 from last CWC. So 67 in total. Not enough! He hates his teammates and it shows.

Triple Threat Running total - 1030

1k Running total - 503

Double Troubles to be worked out at the end.

The 1k is not lookin good. I'm off to install the winter update on a different  device and attempt to get Barasi scoring more.

Yeah, the 1KC is looking a bit tight indeed. But players are known to retire well into their late 30s early 40s this version, so there's still time to get it done. You will. 

Tripple season update

This update took a while. I work in health care so the last few weeks have been a bit busy for obvious reasons.

A bit of a mixed bag for the 3 seasons. Good team performance,  good tripple threat and DT performance but the 1k man Barasi was hard to manage.

I have actually completed the 1k and one DT during these 3 seasons but I will save achievements for the next update as there are more to come.

y80qOwr.jpg

KtPwene.jpg

guQwxIN.jpg

Narrowly missed out on +150 goal difference again. 149 was the best in these 3 seasons.

Players

xnSgKe3.jpg

Myron bagged 25, 27 and 23 goals during this period = 75

1u87yzV.jpg

Naci managed 42, 43 and 52 goals = 137

Ku8pREX.jpg

Barasi hit 68,42,67= 177

Total to be added to the TT = 389

177 to be added to the 1k

Rolling TT total (without ITN goals) - 1419

Rolling 1k total (without ITN goals) - 680

Double trouble to be counted at the end.

Stay healthy everyone!

50 minutes ago, Ian said:

Some quality domination going on here Billy. Brilliant stuff.

We’ll have to add your goal difference to the record store!

Thanks Ian, very kind to add me to the store. I did hit the magic 150 GD a few posts up ‘season 10’

Whoa, I missed this topic but this is some domination.. can only dream of those numbers. I really like managing in Holland for obvious reasons, but no transfer rules is the main one. Quite fun to build teams! 

46 minutes ago, Dagion said:

Whoa, I missed this topic but this is some domination.. can only dream of those numbers. I really like managing in Holland for obvious reasons, but no transfer rules is the main one. Quite fun to build teams! 

Thanks man. This is my first long term Dutch career and it has been a lot of fun. 

You have to go deep in all competitions to get enough games though. That makes goal scoring challenge a little harder. 

Great stuff, Billy2, you're in complete control of things. 

I've noticed that the trio of Dutchies are gradually taking more "cheese" of the total 160+ league gls as you progress. Is that down to their development (and the team's) or are you continuously tweaking and perfecting your tactic? 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great stuff, Billy2, you're in complete control of things. 

I've noticed that the trio of Dutchies are gradually taking more "cheese" of the total 160+ league gls as you progress. Is that down to their development (and the team's) or are you continuously tweaking and perfecting your tactic? 

Hey Bati,

I would have to say it’s down to squad development rather than tactical tweaks  the 3 players hit and have now past their prime  They are all in their 30s with Boadu 33 and retiring this year.

I’ve really been concentrating on using players with high teamwork , passing and creativity around the 3 main guys. That ‘teamwork stat’ really can’t be overlooked. 

There is another point that that I might make a thread on. We all love having a quality squad but I find that it can be a hindrance to individual goal scoring challenges. A world class striker on the bench can stop your main guy scoring as many as he might score with an average backup. This is just a personal thought and like I say, I might expand more on that later. 

update

ahhh lost two long write ups so excuse the short hand version.

zh7Ch8C.jpg

Good season yada yyada yada

Myron, something about aging so not hitting good numbers blah blah

tNa0RvL.jpg

Naci, last 15 games I used him as a 60th minute sub so I could complete a secret mission. The Twist will be revealed shortly. Still top quality

6fnNquC.jpg

Barasi was on course for big numbers until he stopped scoring for 7 straight games. No red messages,  no unhappiness,  no contract issues. 

Still not bad for playing in a front 3.

fsue30N.jpg

No totals will be given in this update. The great reveal is below.

Nice numbers, that goal tally is simply amazing! Quite curious about the big reveal. Quick question, how do you guys keep players happy for so long? Especially in the Netherlands they keep whining they want to leave, and being my vindictive self they get the boot sooner than later. 😜

Career results 

There is going to be a lot of screen shots in this post with some waffle. So I don't lose anyone reading this I will avoid the cliff hanger and get straight to the results with proof to follow.

3 Triple threats completed

3 Double Troubles completed

100 international goals completed (harder than you think, I may explain later)

Left to finish - Barasi 1k

I spoke about a twist earlier,  now time for the grand reveal (who doesn't love a career twist in the tail).

Meet Zac, in the AZ first team from the beginning of the game. First used as a squad player until fairly recently when I realised I had a chance to complete something big.

5U0D8LA.jpg

Now get your calculator out because here comes the totting up. International goals are needed for this. I gave everyone their debut apart from Boadu who had 2 caps but no goals so all their goals count for me.

CuH7YEJ.jpg

fsue30N.jpg

Barasi total = 853

vBoOsjF.jpg

6fnNquC.jpg

Unuvar total = 586

bWzGOyh.jpg

tNa0RvL.jpg

Boadu total = 385 but he starts the game on 10 so real total = 375

Yov3Vrm.jpg

5K24Fml.jpg

Zak starts the game on 9 so his total with me = 354

That breaks down to the following.

Tripple Theat 1 -  Unuvar Barasi Boadu 1814 goals

Tripple Threat 2 - Unuvar Barasi Zakk 1793 goals

Tripple Threat 3 - Zak Barasi Boadu 1582 goals

Double Troubles 

DT 1 Barasi Unuvar 1439 goals 

DT 2 Barasi Boadu 1228 goals

Dt 3 Barasi Zak 1207 goals

100 ITN Goals - Barasi

Few, thats it for today. This weekend I will crack off the Barasi 1k, show my tactic and explain the ITN pain. 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by billy2shots