Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Sport Sims

Kanegan

Hi everyone, i was wondering whether anyone of you here play sport sims other than the FM/FMM/FMT series.

I play the GDS games or specifically the games developed by Adam Ryland regularly but my favorite has been the World of Mixed Martial Arts and the Total Extreme Wrestling series.

WMMA is a sim based on the world of MMA where you develop your company and take them to global powerhouse a-la UFC in the process building your own superstars or bringing them into your company. Though the world is fictional, there are many mods available in their forums where you can play as any real world companies though i prefer the fictional one. Adam said that WMMA 5 which was released in 2018 would be the last of the series and if so, it was a fitting finale as that was the best game of the series.

TEW is the wrestling counterpart where you play as booker or owner and make every decisions including who wins and who loses to take your company to global. Here also, the world is fictional but again many RL mods are available. The latest iteration, TEW 2020 has just been announced and is ready to drop this summer and with the ever popular developer's journal run by Adam where he details the additions made to the new game, we are already looking at a cracking gem. 

You can get more information here.

I have also played the International Cricket Captain, the go to sim for us cricket aficionados but it falls into the same trap as FMM and is perhaps even worse with no real changes in the game engine and only new leagues or formats added in the name of a new game. A disappointment really as there are no good cricket sims round apart from this.

Let me know your thoughts.

E-fedding still exists but most of them have gradually moved on to GDS forums though you will still find scattering of e-feds through the web. 

i liked Cricket Captain, another that i played many many years ago in its primitive form with my dad. i enjoyed it a lot four or five years ago but as you say Kane, it suffered from typical problems, lots of aesthetic fixes but lots of fundamental flaws left untouched, and a fair few horrible bugs. i played it a couple of years ago and just got bored and could never get "into" it, so i just settled on FMM for my fix thereafter - i don't have much time for games so FMM fills the gap ideally for me.

3 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

i liked Cricket Captain, another that i played many many years ago in its primitive form with my dad. i enjoyed it a lot four or five years ago but as you say Kane, it suffered from typical problems, lots of aesthetic fixes but lots of fundamental flaws left untouched, and a fair few horrible bugs. i played it a couple of years ago and just got bored and could never get "into" it, so i just settled on FMM for my fix thereafter - i don't have much time for games so FMM fills the gap ideally for me.

Yup you are right Tree. I have also moved on to FMM with Cricket Captain having so many flaws and as you mentioned, could never be invested in it unlike FMM although i think this community helps a large bit in remaining invested in FMM.