Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Rock versus Hogan WrestleMania 18 is the best wrestling match ever. 

Al give it a watch , I've saw highlights of Mick Foley undertaker which looked good and I think it was Brett Hart vs HBK iron man which I've saw too 

13 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Al give it a watch , I've saw highlights of Mick Foley undertaker which looked good and I think it was Brett Hart vs HBK iron man which I've saw too 

Some classics there. If you watch Rock/Hogan bear in mind Hogan was a baddie in the nWo with Hall and Nash going in to the match.

41 minutes ago, Rob said:

Rock versus Hogan WrestleMania 18 is the best wrestling match ever. 

Naa mate, it's electric but the best?? Come on now. Absolutely gutted Austin and Hogan were children and refused it, especially as while I love Hall that match was garbage. 

Austin vs Rock WM X7 - Tbf WMX7 is the best show ever. Fact. 

HHH vs HBK Summerslam 2002

HBK vs Undertaker at either WM 

Austin is by far my favourite but HBK is the best, he's absolute dynamite. 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Naa mate, it's electric but the best?? Come on now. Absolutely gutted Austin and Hogan were children and refused it, especially as while I love Hall that match was garbage. 

Austin vs Rock WM X7 - Tbf WMX7 is the best show ever. Fact. 

HHH vs HBK Summerslam 2002

HBK vs Undertaker at either WM 

Austin is by far my favourite but HBK is the best, he's absolute dynamite. 

Some good shouts there. But Rock and Hogan defines what wrestling is. Absolutely immense.

From more recent times, but not that recent, Punk and Cena at MITB when Punk was leaving was bloody brilliant. The last men’s Royal Rumble match was incredible too.

Undertaker vs HBK Wrestlemania.

Now, that was a match. Two master storytellers going at it. Can't even compare with anything else. 

3 way feud between Dudley Boyz/Hardy Boys and Edge&Christian. Simply sensational

55 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Edge&Christian

I hated them with a passion as a kid, them and Triple H. 

I was saying this to @zaangiethe other day but I still feel a rage deep inside me about how Triple H beat Austin in the three stages of hell match. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

I hated them with a passion as a kid, them and Triple H. 

I was saying this to @zaangiethe other day but I still feel a rage deep inside me about how Triple H beat Austin in the three stages of hell match. 

I hated them too. Hardys and Dudleys were more of my kind. In fact, tag team wrestling has always been my jam whether it's those two or in recent years, Motor City Machine Guns, Young Bucks, Steenerico and Beer Money Inc. 

WWE have no focus on tag teams in recent years which forced me to completely quit them.

Two man power trip, brothers of destruction, DX, nWo, Evolution, Dudley's, Hardy's, Holly's, New Age Outlaws and boy I could go on! 

Ohhhh you didn't knooooooow

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the best tag team ever. The Spirit Squad.

The first wrestling match I ever watched was actually them against DX in 2006 and my mate who introduced me to wrestling was laughing at me, because I thought DX had no chance of winning because it was 5 on 2.

The music.

The fact everyone, including Kurt and Kane, are an individual character and not just Rock and Austin, is what we are now missing.

Debra just being a hot valet.

The occasional swear word.

Grittiness.

A proper story including other folk.

Brilliant.

I know the invasion was massively wasted and should have been so much more but God I remember this so clearly, the anticipation, the pop, the commentary is just perfection. 

20 hours ago, Ashez said:

Best hype package of all time, it has no rivals. 

The way the music hits when they start trading blows is electric! 

It was the best PPV ever. Shame The Rock lost it, I don't think it was fair but he as about to leave to film Scorpion King and they set up nice for the leaving with Raw next night. 
I personally loved the wwf vs alliance story.

4 hours ago, zaangie said:

I personally loved the wwf vs alliance story.

I always think the biggest mistake was never keeping WCW going as a brand. WWE and WCW would have been much better than this silly RAW and Smackdown setup.

Just now, Rob said:

I always think the biggest mistake was never keeping WCW going as a brand. WWE and WCW would have been much better than this silly RAW and Smackdown setup.

I hated the Alliance storyline. I think ECW should have been treated better than the piece of garbage that WWE did as their 3rd brand.

Haven't watched any wrestling in ages but from what I've heard (Jim Cornette's Youtube) AEW has gone down hill. 

Edited by Mikey