Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

1 minute ago, Rob said:

What’s everyone’s feelings on the current expected card for Wrestlemania?

I don’t think the build up for a lot of things has been very good.

But the Smackdown side of things are now building nicely and I’m looking forward to Reigns, Edge and Bryan and also I like the look of Rollins vs cesaro. They also have Bianca Belair against Sasha Banks which will be great. I like Apollo Crews new character and hope he wins the belt off Big E at mania as I find him boring.

RAW the less said the better maybe?? I do hope though Lashley retains I feel like he deserves this moment and the hurt business are awesome even though it looks like there breaking up. Other than that I can’t even tell you exactly what’s going on off top of my head.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

What’s everyone’s feelings on the current expected card for Wrestlemania?

I'm more excited about the NXT card, tbh. That's on Wednesday & Thursday that week?

When is the Hall of Fame ceremony? I'm not going to lie. It's probably my favourite part of Mania weekend. Would it be the Friday. I couldn't see it on any scheduling.

Just now, Rich said:

It’s going to be a nightmare to try and listen to Great Khali’s speech that’s for sure.

Hope Horny is inducting him 

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hope Horny is inducting him 

I love the new profile picture after our convo. That is so you 😂

So Jericho is going to be in Stone Cold Sessions on the WWE Network. Bonkers.

I have now, through overthinking and tenuous links, decided that Hurt Business have done away with Cedric and Shelton as they are in alliance with Callis and Omega, as will be revealed at Mania, all because it MAKES COMPLETE SENSE.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

So Jericho is going to be in Stone Cold Sessions on the WWE Network. Bonkers.

I have now, through overthinking and tenuous links, decided that Hurt Business have done away with Cedric and Shelton as they are in alliance with Callis and Omega, as will be revealed at Mania, all because it MAKES COMPLETE SENSE.

Makes no sense at all as I’ve told you numerous times 😂

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

When is Wrestlemania? What's the card?

This Saturday and Sunday, it’s a two night event now which I don’t like.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

When is Wrestlemania? What's the card?

Cesaro and Rollins

Edge, Reigns, and DB

Shane and Strowman

Lashley and McIntyre

Bel Air and Banks

Those are the main ones I’d say. Some stupid celeb matches with Bad Bunny.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Cesaro and Rollins

Edge, Reigns, and DB

Shane and Strowman

Lashley and McIntyre

Bel Air and Banks

Those are the main ones I’d say. Some stupid celeb matches with Bad Bunny.

Nothing screams out to me there as must watch haha. 

Thought I saw it was a two night show, screw that n all. I'll be working the Sunday regardless but maybe I'll catch some Saturday if I decided to stay up, doubt it though. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Nothing screams out to me there as must watch haha. 

Thought I saw it was a two night show, screw that n all. I'll be working the Sunday regardless but maybe I'll catch some Saturday if I decided to stay up, doubt it though. 

I’ll be watching both the evening after they happen, probably a lot of it on my tablet with something else on the telly.

The best built match by a mile is the triple threat.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I’ll be watching both the evening after they happen, probably a lot of it on my tablet with something else on the telly.

The best built match by a mile is the triple threat.

I guess this is what happens when you get old. I’ll be watching both live as I’m so young compared.

This is pretty crazy:

FB_IMG_1617951357913.thumb.jpg.3c7fb076eec621588a86bf7461b8f67f.jpg

On 04/04/2021 at 21:34, Rich said:

I guess this is what happens when you get old. I’ll be watching both live as I’m so young compared.

I'll be watching both live. What age are we considering "old"? I turned 36 at the end of March. 🤔😆

The two NXT nights have finished now? I'll probably watch them tomorrow during the day (before the UFC which airs at a UK friendly time, for once 😁). Then I'll watch the HoF ceremony (there will be one, right?) on Sunday after the Toon game.

Weekend sorted! (Sorry kids 🤣)

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

This is pretty crazy:

FB_IMG_1617951357913.thumb.jpg.3c7fb076eec621588a86bf7461b8f67f.jpg

I'll be watching both live. What age are we considering "old"? I turned 36 at the end of March. 🤔😆

The two NXT nights have finished now? I'll probably watch them tomorrow during the day (before the UFC which airs at a UK friendly time, for once 😁). Then I'll watch the HoF ceremony (there will be one, right?) on Sunday after the Toon game.

Weekend sorted! (Sorry kids 🤣)

Madness about them 3 greats, there is a lot less star power this year but I’m hoping that turns out to be a good thing and we get people setup up to the plate!

Im about to watch night two of NXT now. Then I’ll be all caught up. One thing I will say is HOF isn’t the same without fans and they haven’t got people actually inducting the people getting inducted which I did not enjoy.

Not sure if everyone has caught up so no details from me. I still haven't watched NXT yet. That'll get done later today or even tomorrow.

As for Mania. I'm in a fortunate position of not watching the weekly episodes of Raw or Smackdown. I just watch the recap's on Facebook and stuff. That means I don't get the same old regurgitated stuff that comes with long winded feuds. I wasn't sure what to think going into this years event but I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. I genuinely think this was the best all around WM for many many years. Nearly every match was really good (Apart from the Women's tag team turmoil. Even seeing Liv, Lana and Mandy Rose didn't rescue that crap. Plus, I'm not down with celebrities being involved in matches so The Bad Bunny match was also pish).

It seems like Vince had less of a leash on things and let the talent show what they can do.

48 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Not sure if everyone has caught up so no details from me. I still haven't watched NXT yet. That'll get done later today or even tomorrow.

As for Mania. I'm in a fortunate position of not watching the weekly episodes of Raw or Smackdown. I just watch the recap's on Facebook and stuff. That means I don't get the same old regurgitated stuff that comes with long winded feuds. I wasn't sure what to think going into this years event but I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. I genuinely think this was the best all around WM for many many years. Nearly every match was really good (Apart from the Women's tag team turmoil. Even seeing Liv, Lana and Mandy Rose didn't rescue that crap. Plus, I'm not down with celebrities being involved in matches so The Bad Bunny match was also pish).

It seems like Vince had less of a leash on things and let the talent show what they can do.

I’ve just finished and up to date on everything now, I’ll go in to detail when I get a chance later to give my views on it all 😝

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I’ve just finished and up to date on everything now, I’ll go in to detail when I get a chance later to give my views on it all 😝

And if anyone wants a better opinion, I will post mine shortly after.

😆😆😆

5 hours ago, Rich said:

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

And if anyone wants a better opinion, I will post mine shortly after.

😆😆😆

I think it's only us three that are fans here so I'm interested in both of your opinions. Whether I agree or not is another matter altogether. 😂

Night 1

Awesome night and I genuinely enjoyed every match even the women’s turmoil which was actually so bad at the start it genuinely made me enjoy it, I do wish riot squad won though as it made no sense having heels vs heels the next night. But every other match I felt like the right person won and every match was very solid and enjoyable. Great opener to the night, great middle of the card and awesome finish, all you need! Plus my boy cesaro got his moment as did Lashley, just wish the hurt business were there together. Bianca is probably the most naturally talented woman I’ve seen in a long time and banks was her great self so that was an awesome way to end.

Night 2

So the start of it, I was actually enjoying the fiends entrance and that he went kind of back to what he used to look like, hate the dimmed red lights. But then the worst possible thing could have happened and orton won and with only one RKO. Literally fried my head. Second match was awful that tag match between the women, not even proper main eventers can do heel on heel that well so why did these 4 and the match went on for 15m. So that was the worst two matches they could have started with. Then it started getting better and I genuinely enjoyed it from here, Owens vs zayn was a fun match, I was really glad to see Apollo win after that, they should have been given more time but I read thats down to the women’s tag match over running which is embarrassing. Then we had an awesome match between sheamus and riddle and a great ending, really enjoyed it. Asuka and Ripley was just a standard match but nice to see Ripley win even though Asuka deserves a mania win. Main event was a great match and I really enjoyed it, but one thing annoyed me is that Jey Uso interferes too much, especially his for a wrestlemania main event. 

So yeah way more said about the last night as it annoyed me at the start and I come away can’t stop thinking about them burying the fiend at every opportunity when he could be the best thing in wrestling. 

Sorry if that was all over the place I’m in a rush as I’m cooking food 😂

Also forgot a special shout out to Omos, who I loved because it was old school and it felt like he would have been amazing to see when I watched as a kid.

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

My main concern is of Mandy’s poor bottom, so I think you’ll align with mine more. Haha.

I'd happily rub it better for her. I was more concerned with Dana Brooks boobs trying to escape the entire time. When I say concerned, I mean excited. 😄

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Night 1

Awesome night and I genuinely enjoyed every match even the women’s turmoil which was actually so bad at the start it genuinely made me enjoy it, I do wish riot squad won though as it made no sense having heels vs heels the next night. But every other match I felt like the right person won and every match was very solid and enjoyable. Great opener to the night, great middle of the card and awesome finish, all you need! Plus my boy cesaro got his moment as did Lashley, just wish the hurt business were there together. Bianca is probably the most naturally talented woman I’ve seen in a long time and banks was her great self so that was an awesome way to end.

Night 2

So the start of it, I was actually enjoying the fiends entrance and that he went kind of back to what he used to look like, hate the dimmed red lights. But then the worst possible thing could have happened and orton won and with only one RKO. Literally fried my head. Second match was awful that tag match between the women, not even proper main eventers can do heel on heel that well so why did these 4 and the match went on for 15m. So that was the worst two matches they could have started with. Then it started getting better and I genuinely enjoyed it from here, Owens vs zayn was a fun match, I was really glad to see Apollo win after that, they should have been given more time but I read thats down to the women’s tag match over running which is embarrassing. Then we had an awesome match between sheamus and riddle and a great ending, really enjoyed it. Asuka and Ripley was just a standard match but nice to see Ripley win even though Asuka deserves a mania win. Main event was a great match and I really enjoyed it, but one thing annoyed me is that Jey Uso interferes too much, especially his for a wrestlemania main event. 

So yeah way more said about the last night as it annoyed me at the start and I come away can’t stop thinking about them burying the fiend at every opportunity when he could be the best thing in wrestling. 

Sorry if that was all over the place I’m in a rush as I’m cooking food 😂

I agree with most of what you're saying.

The Fiend could easily be the new Undertaker. Feared and dominant. What they did last night though is strange. I don't think people will remember him losing, more what happened to make him lose. That will obviously be explained on this week's episode but it was freaky as, which I'm guessing was the aim of it. Randy vs The Fiend is a lose-lose scenario anyway. Neither should be losing a WM match. Plus, I don't think the feud is over.

The women's tag title match was obviously that terrible that I forgot about mentioning how awful it was. 😄

Owens is so amazing. He needs to be given more. I know he's had runs as champion but he could feud with anyone but they keep churning out this Owens-Zayn angle. 😡

I enjoyed this year's WM. Bianca's win in Night 1 was a standout but every match was good, except as you all pointed out the women's tag turmoil. 

Such a waste to see Fiend lose, I mean why build him up so much if you only let him take losses. His character has been reduced to a joke. And the interferences completely ruined the Universal match for me. They should have gone for a clean match. 

5 hours ago, Kanegan said:

I enjoyed this year's WM. Bianca's win in Night 1 was a standout but every match was good, except as you all pointed out the women's tag turmoil. 

Such a waste to see Fiend lose, I mean why build him up so much if you only let him take losses. His character has been reduced to a joke. And the interferences completely ruined the Universal match for me. They should have gone for a clean match. 

I understand the interference because you can't really have any of the 3 of them lose clean. Not if you want this feud to run a little bit longer.

Just watching NXT Stand and Deliver. A teaser popped up for a lady called "Franky Monet".... who is indeed, Taya Valkyrie! This has me excited. She's a natural performer and there are so many possibilities for her, first in NXT where I can't see her staying too long and then on the main roster. 🙌

16 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Just watching NXT Stand and Deliver. A teaser popped up for a lady called "Franky Monet".... who is indeed, Taya Valkyrie! This has me excited. She's a natural performer and there are so many possibilities for her, first in NXT where I can't see her staying too long and then on the main roster. 🙌

Yeah she’s awesome, great performer! It’s one of the only times I actually like a name given to a wrestler as well by WWE.