Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

@Rich thinks the Montreal Screwjob was a work. He hates Bret Hart. What does everyone else think - work or shoot?

THIS IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE TO WHAT I THINK.

BRET HART IS MY HERO.

You wind up Gilberg!

39 minutes ago, Rich said:

THIS IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE TO WHAT I THINK.

BRET HART IS MY HERO.

You wind up Gilberg!

Only joking. You are a huge Bret fan. 

What do others think of it?

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Not sure where to put this but it’s real wrestling in a way 😝

Did you watch UFC last night @Dai_?

Oh yes. Probably the best event I've ever seen, for WOW moments anyway. It was brilliant.

Spoiler

Should we change the title of this to WWE/UFC/boxing chat?

If it's OK with Sir Rob, of course.

Edited by Dai_
8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Oh yes. Probably the best event I've ever seen, for WOW moments anyway. It was brilliant.

Hide contents

Should we change the title of this to WWE/UFC/boxing chat?

If it's OK with Sir Rob, of course.

Yeah it was insane mate! I was gutted the main event I’ve always been a fan of Masvidal but just shows how good Usman is. I think Colby next for him, it’s the only fight he’s had where someone has really pushed him previously.

Weidmans injury really was so bad. Actually awful. That kind of injury has only happened 3 times in UFC and he’s been involved in two 🤯

Thug Rose was awesome as usual, she does not look like she should be able to knock people out.

EDIT: Also @Rob please do change the topic title 😘

Edited by Rich
8 hours ago, Rich said:

Yeah it was insane mate! I was gutted the main event I’ve always been a fan of Masvidal but just shows how good Usman is. I think Colby next for him, it’s the only fight he’s had where someone has really pushed him previously.

Weidmans injury really was so bad. Actually awful. That kind of injury has only happened 3 times in UFC and he’s been involved in two 🤯

Thug Rose was awesome as usual, she does not look like she should be able to knock people out.

EDIT: Also @Rob please do change the topic title 😘

Yeah. I thought the main event was going to go the same way as the last fight, a bit of a cuddle fest but fair play to Usman. I don't like him but he said he was going to finish him this time and he did, in style. I see McGregor calling out Usman now *sigh*. He'd need to worry about being a bit more active and winning a fight at his "natural" weight class before stepping up a weight against an active monster. (Would love to see him get destroyed like but he's such a leach, attaching his name to anyone that's big at the time. What a gimp) Colby days he's changed his training camp in preparation for a rematch with Usman so I'd be pumped for that fight. Plus, Colby is refusing fights all over the place. He only wants Usman. 🤣

That Weidman injury made me feel sick. I had just sipped on my beer when it happened and spat it out everywhere. Glad I was cleaning that up before all the replays. 😄 We've seen fighters come back from them before but man, why would you want to.

Thug Rose doesn't look like a fighter at all, you're right but all fight week and fight night she morphs into a fecking animal. Then as soon as its over she's the sweetest thing. It's mad.

Valentina is AWESOME! I'm on the Joe Rogan hype train about her. One of the greatest fighters in the world, man or woman. I want to see her fight Nunes again. She's taken her the distance twice but Nunes is so much better now than she was then. Its the only fight that really makes sense for both though. 🤔

I was getting into the Anthony Smith vs Jimmy Crute fight too before Crute's leg spasm. What the hell was that? I've never seen that before in all my years watching MMA. The leg kick struck a nerve just behind his knee? Crazy! I thought his ankle had snapped as it kept bending under him but it was all his nerves just giving up on him. 😳

It was just an amazing night. I like the long wars in fights but nights like that with unexpected brutal KO's and crazy injuries are even better.

I have an idea for Rob. Call this "Fightin'" instead of Wrasslin? But, UFC events are more frequent than wrestling and I feel that's all we'd talk about. 🤣 Maybe we should just make a new one?

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Yeah. I thought the main event was going to go the same way as the last fight, a bit of a cuddle fest but fair play to Usman. I don't like him but he said he was going to finish him this time and he did, in style. I see McGregor calling out Usman now *sigh*. He'd need to worry about being a bit more active and winning a fight at his "natural" weight class before stepping up a weight against an active monster. (Would love to see him get destroyed like but he's such a leach, attaching his name to anyone that's big at the time. What a gimp) Colby days he's changed his training camp in preparation for a rematch with Usman so I'd be pumped for that fight. Plus, Colby is refusing fights all over the place. He only wants Usman. 🤣

That Weidman injury made me feel sick. I had just sipped on my beer when it happened and spat it out everywhere. Glad I was cleaning that up before all the replays. 😄 We've seen fighters come back from them before but man, why would you want to.

Thug Rose doesn't look like a fighter at all, you're right but all fight week and fight night she morphs into a fecking animal. Then as soon as its over she's the sweetest thing. It's mad.

Valentina is AWESOME! I'm on the Joe Rogan hype train about her. One of the greatest fighters in the world, man or woman. I want to see her fight Nunes again. She's taken her the distance twice but Nunes is so much better now than she was then. Its the only fight that really makes sense for both though. 🤔

I was getting into the Anthony Smith vs Jimmy Crute fight too before Crute's leg spasm. What the hell was that? I've never seen that before in all my years watching MMA. The leg kick struck a nerve just behind his knee? Crazy! I thought his ankle had snapped as it kept bending under him but it was all his nerves just giving up on him. 😳

It was just an amazing night. I like the long wars in fights but nights like that with unexpected brutal KO's and crazy injuries are even better.

I have an idea for Rob. Call this "Fightin'" instead of Wrasslin? But, UFC events are more frequent than wrestling and I feel that's all we'd talk about. 🤣 Maybe we should just make a new one?

Yeah McGregor is nowhere near the level of Usman IMO. I would hate to see him get a fight like that, if he beats Poirer in the rematch I can see him fighting the winner of Olivera and Chandler. I hope Poirer wins (one of my faves) and then wins the title.

Yeah she was quite nasty in the lead up to this fight was Thug Rose. She was in the zone so much but then was so calm and collected as the fight started. She fought perfectly!

I agree about Valentina she is so good, not one weakness and there’s an argument that she beat Nunes before so I would love that rematch. It’s the only fight either women could have and you’d be actually not 100% sure who would win tbh. 

ohhh man that Jimmy Crute injury was mad, I have seen it before, but cannot remember who had it, I’ve seen peoples legs go like that where the nerve doesn’t allow there feet to plant right. It’s so weird. Was a good start to that fight as well.

Missed the Weidman comment, it was sickening mate. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and the way he goes to stand on it. I listen to Ariel Hewani podcast every week and Weidman was on it last week and he always comes across such a good bloke. His father in law died by being hit by a car outside his gym a couple of weeks ago as well. So tragic.

I love boxing as well but UFC i love even more, it’s my favourite. Haven’t missed an event now for a good 10 years or more. All started with ultimate fighter 1 on sky back in the day!

15 minutes ago, Woody said:

I like boxing but i just dont get MMA tbh...does nothing for me.

BOOOOOO! Stick him in a Kimura @Dai_ 😂

4 hours ago, Rich said:

BOOOOOO! Stick him in a Kimura @Dai_ 😂

I'm more of a rear naked choke kinda guy. Cones from my judo background. 👍

4 hours ago, Woody said:

I like boxing but i just dont get MMA tbh...does nothing for me.

Fair enough mate. I prefer MMA personally but I love boxing too. The judging in MMA is bad but in boxing, it's atrocious so that really gets on my nerves.

5 hours ago, Rob said:

Title changed.

My hero. ❤😁

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

I'm more of a rear naked choke kinda guy. Cones from my judo background. 👍

I was going to say to the rear naked choke but the naked part may excite @Woody😂

Just now, Rich said:

I was going to say to the rear naked choke but the naked part may excite @Woody😂

Aahaha. I have no idea why the word needs to be there. Its a rear choke. No need for the naked really. 🤣

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Aahaha. I have no idea why the word needs to be there. Its a rear choke. No need for the naked really. 🤣

Its just @Rich passing on his sick fantasies onto me 😂

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just you wait until he tries to give you some Boston Crabs.

Or the grapefruit claw!!!

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just you wait until he tries to give you some Boston Crabs.

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

Or the grapefruit claw!!!

I feel violated 😕

With the new thread title, who here watches boxing and MMA? And to what extent? I'm very passionate about boxing and UFC (sometimes I watch Bellator) got some great fights this Friday/weekend of Boxing and some fantastic UFC cards coming up.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

With the new thread title, who here watches boxing and MMA? And to what extent? I'm very passionate about boxing and UFC (sometimes I watch Bellator) got some great fights this Friday/weekend of Boxing and some fantastic UFC cards coming up.

I’m the same as you I watch UFC religiously, I can’t remember the last time I missed a card now and like you I watch Bellator sometimes as well. There improving all the time so cards are getting better. I do love boxing but not at the level I Do MMA. I will watch the weekends boxing as well though 😁

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I’m the same as you I watch UFC religiously, I can’t remember the last time I missed a card now and like you I watch Bellator sometimes as well. There improving all the time so cards are getting better. I do love boxing but not at the level I Do MMA. I will watch the weekends boxing as well though 😁

What did you think of the last UFC card - Usman Vs Masvidal? I tell you, I wouldn't want to mess with Shevchenko haha, and what a KO by Thug Rose and Usman.

2 leg injuries and Weidman's was horrible to watch.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

What did you think of the last UFC card - Usman Vs Masvidal? I tell you, I wouldn't want to mess with Shevchenko haha, and what a KO by Thug Rose and Usman.

2 leg injuries and Weidman's was horrible to watch.

Me and @Dai_ gave our thoughts a bit higher up in the thread mate. It was a great card though top to bottom. Some real madness throughout, like you said the Weidman one was horrible and he’s been involved in 2 of only 3 of them situations to happen 😳

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Any of you guys watch WhatCulture wrestling on YouTube?

Yes it’s the only thing I can do is watch them kind of things when I’m hungover, so yesterday was spent watching them kind of things 😂

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yes it’s the only thing I can do is watch them kind of things when I’m hungover, so yesterday was spent watching them kind of things 😂

Simon Miller is going to be wrestling for UPW down here in August. Half tempted to go and just shout ‘funny’ things at him. 

Just incase anyone hasn't seen it...

Spoiler

Disappointed that Saunders couldn't make it off his stool. No doubt more info will come later but still, he was doing well.

Canelo is a machine. So relentless. 

As for the UFC. Cowboy losing again... 😑 he's destroying his own amazing legacy. He said the fight was just a late notice fight before moving weight classes but I can see Dana letting him go.