• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

4 hours ago, Rob said:

World’s Strongest Man 2021 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Big Tom won it then! Boom! Absolute beast of a man.

Haven’t watched worlds strongest man for a while, used to love watching it, what channel is it? I’ll have a look at some point.

Also not any spoilers here but hell in the cell was dreadful fair play.

52 minutes ago, Rich said:

Haven’t watched worlds strongest man for a while, used to love watching it, what channel is it? I’ll have a look at some point.

It’s filmed now, but shown over xmas on channel 5, hence the spoiler tags.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Yes. HIAC was awful... 🥺 

Not sure if anyone has seen Raw or know anything about it but there were qualifiers for the MITB ladder match next month. Spoilers below!

Spoiler

Ricochet Defeated AJ Styles to qualify!!! This already makes the PPV watchable for me! YESSS!!!!

Riddle beat Drew and John Morrison beat Orton.

With them seeming to be throwing fresh talent in the match it could be decent.

Edited by Dai_
1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Not sure if anyone has seen Raw or know anything about it but there were qualifiers for the MITB ladder match next month. Spoilers below!

Reveal hidden contents

Ricochet Defeated AJ Styles to qualify!!! This already makes the PPV watchable for me! YESSS!!!!

Riddle beat Drew and John Morrison beat Orton.

With them seeming to be throwing fresh talent in the match it could be decent.

I seen the results earlier as I haven’t been watching raw last few weeks as it’s been dreadful, but ohhh why did I not watch this week, I love John Morrison, going to have to give raw a watch at some point.

I hope Cesaro wins MITB but it won’t happen as his push has gone it seems👎🏻

If you're planning on watching the UFC today then don't look below.

Spoiler

If that had gone to a second round, Poirier would have retired the gimmick that is Connor McGregor.... I'm so annoyed. McNugget's glass ankles will keep him out for a while but there will likely be a 4th fight. Not what I want to see, tbh.

Anyone got any views on the rumours of Punk and DB going to AEW? Once their second proper show launches their male roster is going to be nuts. 

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

Anyone got any views on the rumours of Punk and DB going to AEW? Once their second proper show launches their male roster is going to be nuts. 

Very exciting, loving AEW lately, been awesome since crowds have been back. Both of them have such a  huge following, there are there biggest signings IMO.

DB is a done deal. Or so I've heard.

As much as I love the talent already involved in AEW, the way they throw these factions together with massive numbers of wrestlers is annoying me. I know there's limited TV time for the size of roster they have and they need to get TV time somehow but I feel its already wasting some of the talent. 

Yeah I always think the stables are a bit nuts too. Can’t wait to see what state it’s like later in the year. I watched it religiously each week (an original fan, unlike certain people called Rich) and then haven’t watched it for a fair while, but still follow online. I started watching last week’s last night as the fans add so much.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Yeah I always think the stables are a bit nuts too. Can’t wait to see what state it’s like later in the year. I watched it religiously each week (an original fan, unlike certain people called Rich) and then haven’t watched it for a fair while, but still follow online. I started watching last week’s last night as the fans add so much.

You are right little shit, we both know how annoyed I am most week after making time for Raw, NXT, smackdown and AEW. So much time goes on and I’m going to give my top shows.

1. AEW since crowds come back

2. NXT talent stacked and people being used so well, love new stables like hit row

3. Smackdown, should have taken a lot more advantage of a live crowd, plus I’m fuming still at the treatment of Cesaro.

4. impact - Looks good these days

5. RAW- seriously has improved a bit but it’s so bad, it’s embarrassing.

Punk and Bryan to AEW is huge, they are massive stars and could close the gap IMO. Especially when WWE is awful atm.

Only just been about the stables in aew I totally agree until the fans came back and it made sense, so many pops, I love it! 

I find it hard watching Jericho wrestling these days, he can barely move, he’s one of my all time faves but I really don’t want him doing this when he looks terrible. He’s so good on commentary, get him doing that or managing.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I find it hard watching Jericho wrestling these days, he can barely move, he’s one of my all time faves but I really don’t want him doing this when he looks terrible. He’s so good on commentary, get him doing that or managing.

Jericho is one of the best ever so deserves a bit more respect IMO.

53 minutes ago, Rob said:

Jericho is one of the best ever so deserves a bit more respect IMO.

I totally respect him which is why I don’t want him to end one of the best careers ever badly.

I agree about Jericho. I've thought it for a while. Whilst he's evolved his moveset so many times to adjust to what his body can do, its nearly time to hang the boots up. It would be a sad day as he's a favourite of mine.

35 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I agree about Jericho. I've thought it for a while. Whilst he's evolved his moveset so many times to adjust to what his body can do, its nearly time to hang the boots up. It would be a sad day as he's a favourite of mine.

Totally agree. He should retire and move in to another area like commentating 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Never in a million years expected Bray to be released.

What the hell is going on? The only thing I can think of is that his head isn’t right after the death of Brody?

19 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

What the hell is going on? The only thing I can think of is that his head isn’t right after the death of Brody?

That would make sense. Literally the only thing that would make sense, mind. 

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

That would make sense. Literally the only thing that would make sense, mind. 

Well. Not really. We know that Bray hasn't been used properly from the get go. That might be another possible reason. It may have been a request from him. 

Have you seen the photo of him online? Looks the best shapes he’s ever been in. Maybe the Brodie thing or maybe annoyed with his general booking and his brothers. 

48 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Well. Not really. We know that Bray hasn't been used properly from the get go. That might be another possible reason. It may have been a request from him. 

I should bloody hope not. The guy is phenomenal talent

Anyone here subscribed to DaZn. It's only £1.99 a month atm, although I expect that to go up soon. I almost paid for it for the weekends boxing but Conor Benn got covid and his fight was cancelled. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Anyone here subscribed to DaZn. It's only £1.99 a month atm, although I expect that to go up soon. I almost paid for it for the weekends boxing but Conor Benn got covid and his fight was cancelled. 

I haven't subscribed myself and have no plans to as I have ways of watching live events already.

For £1.99 a month you would think its a no brainer though. Suppose it depends if they have an extensive library of events to watch. However, you would probably get your moneys worth having an event nearly every weekend, even if it's not fighters you know much about.

How much of a boxing fan are you? Just follow certain fighters or watch the big names? Or do you enjoy boxing no matter who's in the ring?

@Dai_ I'm a hardcore boxing fan (and UFC) very passionate about both. I watch quite a lot of fights, unless it's between two fighters I'm not interested in, but I will check to see who wins still.

What about yourself?

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

@Dai_ I'm a hardcore boxing fan (and UFC) very passionate about both. I watch quite a lot of fights, unless it's between two fighters I'm not interested in, but I will check to see who wins still.

What about yourself?

I'm a massive MMA fan. Have been for years. I'm into boxing but wouldn't call myself a hard-core fan. I like the boxing in the UK but seriously can't stand it over the pond. There just seems to be so much obvious corruption in the US. Its disgusting and really irritates me.

On the whole DaZn thing. It might be worthwhile considering the price is so low for what you get for it.

37 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm a massive MMA fan. Have been for years. I'm into boxing but wouldn't call myself a hard-core fan. I like the boxing in the UK but seriously can't stand it over the pond. There just seems to be so much obvious corruption in the US. Its disgusting and really irritates me.

On the whole DaZn thing. It might be worthwhile considering the price is so low for what you get for it.

I have to admit other than UFC I don't watch much MMA. I do like Michael Venom Page and watch his fights. Have you seen he's rematching Lima?

Boxing in general is sadly corrupt tbh. So many times a fight if it goes to the scorecard the wrong guy wins; just because they're the home fighters or undefeated. Does make me lose interest in it sometimes.

I think I might pay the prize for the card on the 7th. Kid Galahad vs. Jazza Dickens for the vacant IBF Featherweight title. Fabio Wardley vs. Nick Webb, great domestic Heavyweight fight. Also 4 other fights I'm interested in.