Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

I hate WWE, I can’t even watch it fully anymore, they are crumbling big time whilst AEW is bloody awesome atm. So exciting watching it, I feel like a kid again.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

I hate WWE, I can’t even watch it fully anymore, they are crumbling big time whilst AEW is bloody awesome atm. So exciting watching it, I feel like a kid again.

Late to the AEW party, but you are welcome to join us Junior.

Just now, Rob said:

Late to the AEW party, but you are welcome to join us Junior.

If you’re involved……

I LOVE WWE.

Here's to hoping Tyrone Woodley knocks the living sh*te out of Jake Paul tonight. Will anyone else be watching?

I'm quite disappointed in both Dubois and Fury lowering themselves to fighting on the undercard of a jumped up YouTuber but I understand it will bring them both massive exposure to the World. I still don't like it.

6 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Here's to hoping Tyrone Woodley knocks the living sh*te out of Jake Paul tonight. Will anyone else be watching?

I'm quite disappointed in both Dubois and Fury lowering themselves to fighting on the undercard of a jumped up YouTuber but I understand it will bring them both massive exposure to the World. I still don't like it.

I won’t be staying up to watch, I’ll try and watch it somehow in the morning, hope Woodley smashes him but I can honestly see Jake Paul winning again and I hate the thought of that.

Yeah it’s pretty crap the way boxing is going, but I guess Dubois and Fury still young and need exposure and I think Fury just wants to knock Jake out. I hate to say it but this card will be watched by way more people than an ordinary BT sport card which is a shame. 

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

I won’t be staying up to watch, I’ll try and watch it somehow in the morning, hope Woodley smashes him but I can honestly see Jake Paul winning again and I hate the thought of that.

Yeah it’s pretty crap the way boxing is going, but I guess Dubois and Fury still young and need exposure and I think Fury just wants to knock Jake out. I hate to say it but this card will be watched by way more people than an ordinary BT sport card which is a shame. 

Fury will draw the "reality TV" fans after his time on love Island and Dubois is a real prospect. Despite losing to Joyce, I still think he'll have a decent career.

I can't fathom Jake Paul winning. I just can't. Woodley is, or I should say was a bona-fide monster in UFC. A great puncher. BUT!!! The fundamentals in boxing make me doubt him slightly, its so different. His confidence is at rock bottom too after so many recent defeats. I just hope he either lands one big KO punch or actually gets wired into him and f***s him up. 

5 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Fury will draw the "reality TV" fans after his time on love Island and Dubois is a real prospect. Despite losing to Joyce, I still think he'll have a decent career.

I can't fathom Jake Paul winning. I just can't. Woodley is, or I should say was a bona-fide monster in UFC. A great puncher. BUT!!! The fundamentals in boxing make me doubt him slightly, its so different. His confidence is at rock bottom too after so many recent defeats. I just hope he either lands one big KO punch or actually gets wired into him and f***s him up. 

Yeah I agree but unfortunately Jake Paul’s following is so much bigger than love island even, which is shit. I actually don’t mind his brother as much these days, but he is a bellend. 

Yeah I just feel like his striking was always best when he had his threat of being able to take down his opponent, so I don’t know how he’s going to disguise his big right, I hope he can find that one punch, I hope I wake up to a Woodley win 🤞🏻

Spoiler

FFS Woodley 😡😡😡

For a while, only early on Paul looked like a boxer. Then he got rocked and looked scared but Woodley's reluctancy to engage and refusal to use his jab cost him winning vital rounds.

But, there's going to be a rematch (I don't understand why if I'm honest. Boxing is judged differently to MMA for obvious reasons and Woodley claiming he won the fight is laughable. I don't claim to be an expert but in my opinion, T-Wood only won two rounds).

^^ Spoiler alert ^^

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:
  Hide contents

FFS Woodley 😡😡😡

For a while, only early on Paul looked like a boxer. Then he got rocked and looked scared but Woodley's reluctancy to engage and refusal to use his jab cost him winning vital rounds.

But, there's going to be a rematch (I don't understand why if I'm honest. Boxing is judged differently to MMA for obvious reasons and Woodley claiming he won the fight is laughable. I don't claim to be an expert but in my opinion, T-Wood only won two rounds).

^^ Spoiler alert ^^

Spoiler

Just watched it on YouTube now and I totally agree with everything you said on it, two rounds too Woodley for me as well, he was timid after rocking Jake, he has done this in the past, he needed to go all in when he rocked him. Such a shame, can't say I’m a huge fan of Woodley’s personality either tbh. I would love to see Jake just get knocked the F out by a proper boxer now.

Spoiler

Jake Paul is a hero

added 0 minutes later
Just now, Rob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jake Paul is a hero

Spoiler

Or is it Logan Paul?

1 minute ago, Rob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jake Paul is a hero

added 0 minutes later
  Reveal hidden contents

Or is it Logan Paul?

Spoiler

It is certainly not KSI or any of the other Sidewmen jobbers

7 minutes ago, Rob said:
  Hide contents

It is certainly not KSI or any of the other Sidewmen jobbers

Spoiler

I love the sidemen, leave them out of this! Also Logan is nowhere near on the level of how annoying Jake is, he’s a piece of shit😂

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

That is so disappointing 😞 

It’s getting worse Dai, they are in the process of drawing up big releases from NXT, people like Ciampa, Gargano I think who don’t fit the mould of “big men” I hate that. I love them!

Great night tomorrow for UFC and boxing fans.

UFC card is in London, being headlined by Darren Till, with a few more English people on the card and then the boxing is Josh Warrington Vs Lara rematch with a decent undercard.

Should be fun.

Edited by Mikey
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

UFC card is in London, being headlined by Darren Till, with a few more English people on the card and then the boxing is Josh Warrington Vs Lara rematch with a decent undercard.

Should be fun.

It is exciting but it's not in London mate. Its at the Apex. Still, it is starting early to accommodate UK fans. Should be good.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Should be fun.

Should br a good one, looking forward to it! Hoping all the Brits win😁

8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm excited to see Paddy Pimblett make his debut. Massive for him to be put straight on a main card for his UFC debut.

Yeah big time! I’m a big fan of Tom Aspinall, love his style for a heavyweight, such fast hands.

I could of sworn it was in London - did it get moved? Or maybe I'm thinking of a Bellator card. Anyway, same as @Dai_ I'm looking forward to seeing Paddy the Baddy for the first time, he has a lot of hype around him. Hoping all the Brits win as well @Rich especially Till, Aspinall and McCann.

Sadly the UFC and Boxing start at the same time and although I prefer UFC atm, will most likely watch the Boxing as the UFC will be on longer with the prelims/main card, will watch in the morning.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah big time! I’m a big fan of Tom Aspinall, love his style for a heavyweight, such fast hands.

Definitely! He's a real prospect and maybe has a chance to at least get to a title fight in the future. 

Just now, Mikey said:

I could of sworn it was in London - did it get moved? Or maybe I'm thinking of a Bellator card. Anyway, same as @Dai_ I'm looking forward to seeing Paddy the Baddy for the first time, he has a lot of hype around him. Hoping all the Brits win as well @Rich especially Till, Aspinall and McCann.

Sadly the UFC and Boxing start at the same time and although I prefer UFC atm, will most likely watch the Boxing as the UFC will be on longer with the prelims/main card, will watch in the morning.

It was originally planned for London but because we're not allowed full arenas over here yet, Dana said no. He's always maintained that if it's not possible to have full arena's then the UFC won't be there. Makes sense.

Yeah, the clash sucks. I'll have to pick one to watch live and one to watch later. Not sure which way around I'll be doing it yet though. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Yeah initially it was going to be in London, that’s why it’s all brits mostly, shame it’s not, Tom Aspinall was saying he’s never fought in front of fans for UFC, which is mad, bet he was hoping for the London crowd.

I have gone off the boxing a bit, but I’ve always liked MMA more. I will watch highlights of the boxing though, I watch the big events though.

I'm in a bit of a love-hate relationship with Boxing atm. Every card nowadays has some sort of robbery with the home fighter getting an undeserved victory, happened recently with the Maxwell-Ennis-Brown fight. As for DAZN they had 3 average fight night cards and decided to put the price up from £1.99 to £7.99, I know the price was going to go up eventually but not that quickly, glad I've cancelled my subscription so it ends after tonight's card.

Edited by Mikey
38 minutes ago, Rob said:

Anyone buying AEW All Out?

If it was on box office on sky I would. Shame it isn’t, i cba to get the app.

Also didn’t watch UFC or the boxing last night but was up early so I’ve caught up with it all.

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

If it was on box office on sky I would. Shame it isn’t, i cba to get the app.

Also didn’t watch UFC or the boxing last night but was up early so I’ve caught up with it all.

I’m exactly the same. Wish it was Sky Bo.