Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

Spoiler

I'm still watching All Out. Just wanted to say, if there are better tag teams around than Young Bucks or the Lucha Brothers I'd be very surprised. I mean ALL TIME here. They are blockbuster! I've followed Penta and Fenix since Lucha Underground where they were amazing as singles wrestlers but together they are incredible!

Im currently on the Jericho match. As a fan of him for the past few decades it's sad to see him still competing. It's admirable to see him evolve his move set over the years but I can't help but get sad at not seeing the Y2J I know and loved. 

Ruby Riot (Soho) might get the recognition she deserves now she's in AEW. A natural wrestler who was McMahon'ed more than any other female in WWE. Saying that. The level of female competition in AEW is awful. 🤣 Massive roster and only 1 or 2 top level performers in there.

I've seen on social media the two big debuts so once I see them I'll voice my opinions on that too.

Really disappointed with the Warrington-Lara ending, also Darren Till got dominated by Brunson. I really like Till, but I just can't see him doing much in the UFC. Bisping reckons he should down to welterweight again, but he's too big for that weight.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Really disappointed with the Warrington-Lara ending, also Darren Till got dominated by Brunson. I really like Till, but I just can't see him doing much in the UFC. Bisping reckons he should down to welterweight again, but he's too big for that weight.

Yeah. The Warrington-Lara ending was unfortunate. Looked nasty too. It'll take a while to heal so any rematch will be some time away.

Till is a funny one. He's at a level that's too good to fight the lower half of the rankings but not good enough to beat the top 5. He'll always trouble fighters that like to stand and trade but will always get found out on the ground. Not sure where he goes from here.

Spoiler

Just to follow on from what I was saying about AEW All Out.

How are they going to pay the wages of all these stars? Its alright signing everyone but they're not a bottomless pit. 

Anywho. CM Punk is back! Erm, great?! I wasn't one that was on the hype train whilst the "Best in the World" was a thing. He was what Wwe needed at the time and he held the torch well but I was never sold on him as a competitor. From his match, he looks like he's still got it. Will get sharper the more he competes. I love his presence though and that's what I look forward to seeing.

I knew it was coming but I genuinely smiled when I saw Adam Cole. I called the "heel turn" too. I said it to the missus as he was getting in the ring. Not that she cared or even listened to me in the slightest. 🤣

Bryan Danielson. A huge name in wrestling but another that I'm not overly fussed on. Glad he'll get to perform again. It was a case of Vince protecting him rather than not using him properly. That's why he's moved on so it's interesting to see what happens with him.

Whilst I'm not a fan of all of them, I'm excited to see certain matches they could be in.

How will WWE respond to these huge signings by AEW recently? By doing nothing and hoping people want to see the likes of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar. Ridiculous if you ask me.

There are rumours that The Rock will be back for Survivor series (25 years after his debut) in November so its interesting in what way and how it'll be booked.

Spoiler

I massively enjoyed all out but the tag team cage match was on a different planet, unreal. I genuinely screamed with joy when the Lucha bro’s won, two of my favourites from AEW.

I genuinely liked most of it overall, I can’t complain about anything as WWE is crap, it was nice to see a well written and well executed Ppv, I would write more but I’m in a rush, I just wanted to mention the tag match more than anything 😂

Spoiler

Going to watch it fully later, and I agree with everything you boys say, but a few others things:

• Adam Cole is a massive get. His history just ‘fits’. I can’t wait to see him flourish;
  • The show ended with ten people in and around the ring. Only two have spent their most mainstream time, so far, as ‘WWE’ people. Jungle Boy was getting heck of a rub, as did Darby earlier on. I love how they’ve used people so well

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

I think Usyk wins this.

I hope he does, not the biggest Joshua fan myself. I can’t split it myself, sitting on the fence! 

Just now, Rich said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dominant from Usyk, what an unreal performance.

Spoiler

He was unreal. That's how he boxed at Cruiserweight. AJ too stiff, too slow and not fit enough. He looked lean and good before the fight but these Ukrainians are different gravy!

Spoiler

I was expecting them to go with a draw which would’ve been a joke. Can’t believe people actually believe Joshua would beat Fury. 8 times out of 10 Fury wins in style for me.

Edited by Ian
2 minutes ago, Ian said:
  Hide contents

I was expecting them to go with a draw which would’ve been a joke. Can’t believe people actually believe Joshua would beat Fury. 8 times out of 10 Fury wins in style for me.

Spoiler

Completely agree. I was worried about the judging after Hatton was awarded a win earlier despite clearly losing at least 4 out of the 6 rounds. But, they did the job right in the main event.

Excited for Fury (hopefully he walks through Wilder) vs Usyk in the future. A technical match up at HW which sounds crazy. Lol

1 hour ago, Rob said:
  Hide contents

So we won’t see AJ and Fury?

Boxing is a parody these days. May as well give the titles to Logan Paul.

Spoiler

I am going out on a limb and saying we will never ever see that fight. Joshua will probably take a rematch with Usyk because of pride or a sense of obligation and get beaten again. All of this, "beaten by the better man on the night" is BS if you ask me. The loss against the kid from Up had circumstances. The occasion in the US got to him and he took the guy too easy. It wasn't the case this time and he got completely out boxed. I don't see enough in AJ's abilities that troubles Usyk. 

I would love to see Fury dance around and punch the face off AJ but it'll likely never happen.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

UFC was unreal! What a PPV! Great day of sport yesterday, I feel sorry for people who don’t watch MMA 😝

I feel sorry for your mirror.

Thank God the Joshua-Usyk scorecards weren't rigged like the Campbell Hatton fight. I am starting to go more and more of boxing. So many rigged scorecards, the home fighter getting the decision when he clearly lost. I would say I'm probably more into UFC now. Fantastic card last night. Shevchenko. Wow. No more words needed, that girl is a beast I'll be shit scared of her myself and I weigh almost 100 pounds more 🤣 Ortega and Volk's fight, as predicted was brilliant. Ortega has a heart of a lion, just a shame he comes up short in title fights.

Is anyone excited for Fury - Wilder 3? Unless Wilder has had a complete brain transplant I can't see it going any other way than it did in the second fight. Its not as if he's young and can adapt that quickly to a new way of boxing. It will be interesting though as they have both weighed in at a career heaviest. Can Tyson still move as well with more weight? We'll see.

8 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Is anyone excited for Fury - Wilder 3? Unless Wilder has had a complete brain transplant I can't see it going any other way than it did in the second fight. Its not as if he's young and can adapt that quickly to a new way of boxing. It will be interesting though as they have both weighed in at a career heaviest. Can Tyson still move as well with more weight? We'll see.

I was surprised that Fury didn’t come in lighter than last time, I guess it’s only 4 pounds, I hope he’s properly prepared which if he hasn’t thats the only way I see wilder winning and he catches him with a wild shot. I hope to god Fury wins, my favourite heavyweight for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was surprised that Fury didn’t come in lighter than last time, I guess it’s only 4 pounds, I hope he’s properly prepared which if he hasn’t thats the only way I see wilder winning and he catches him with a wild shot. I hope to god Fury wins, my favourite heavyweight for a long time.

He's likeable because he's not your typical heavyweight. The man moves like a middleweight which is crazy when you look at the size of him. His overall persona is just genuine. Even when you know he's in promotion mode, he's still himself. 

The prospect of Fury - Usyk for all the gold excites me.

Just now, Ian said:

What a fight that was.

Insane!!! Considering Wilder has zero boxing ability. Well, the fundamentals anyway, he was like the frickin' Terminator! No spoilers on the result.

EVERYBODY WATCH IT WHEN YOU GET UP!!

Spoiler

Watched it as soon as I woke up and wow I was not disappointed, fair play to Fury, showed a lot more this time but again Fury showed the heart of a warrior and took him apart eventually. 

On 09/10/2021 at 17:43, Dai_ said:

The prospect of Fury - Usyk for all the gold excites me.

Do you think it’ll ever actually happen? Rematch clauses are the bane of making fights like this. AJ should stand aside, let Fury and Usyk fight for undisputed and then maybe fight the winner. But he would never do that.

It’s unlikely but not outside the realms of possibility that AJ beats Usyk in the rematch and that would complicate matters even further, there’d almost certainly be a 3rd fight there and then throw in wastes of space as mandatory challengers like Dillian Whyte who gets poleaxed by years past his best Povetkin and probably won’t land a punch of Fury all night.

Fury will probably retire before a unification fight is made 😕

The dream scenario would be Fury v Usyk and Wilder v Joshua with the winners of each taking it all but again, absolutely no chance.

23 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Do you think it’ll ever actually happen? Rematch clauses are the bane of making fights like this. AJ should stand aside, let Fury and Usyk fight for undisputed and then maybe fight the winner. But he would never do that.

It’s unlikely but not outside the realms of possibility that AJ beats Usyk in the rematch and that would complicate matters even further, there’d almost certainly be a 3rd fight there and then throw in wastes of space as mandatory challengers like Dillian Whyte who gets poleaxed by years past his best Povetkin and probably won’t land a punch of Fury all night.

Fury will probably retire before a unification fight is made 😕

The dream scenario would be Fury v Usyk and Wilder v Joshua with the winners of each taking it all but again, absolutely no chance.

I don't know. The powers that be in boxing really need to have a look at themselves. The system Is flawed! They mentioned on Saturday night (Sunday morning, whatever) that there was over three years where AJ and Wilder were both Champions and fighting as regular as possible but there was never any contact to fight each other. How the fcuk does that make any sense?

I listened to Bob Arum talking on talksport the other morning and he was irate with these boxing federations being unwilling to make unification fights. He believes its all money driven. The more titles spread out means more PPV events to plan. If anyone knows about this stuff, it would be him so I believe it.

AJ has taken the option of a rematch which will be in the Spring which is where AJ and Fury had pencilled in their unification bout if they got through Usyk and Wilder. That means Fury should fight Whyte because of how many times Whyte stepped aside for rematches in the past. Its messed up. Fury will take that fight though, I think.

There will be no complications from the Usyk-AJ rematch. Usyk is too damn good for anything AJ has. There's no gameplan to combat the fact he's a robot. So stiff and predictable for a natural boxer with such good movement like Usyk. Once that's done and dusted. Fury-Usyk would have to wait as Joe Joyce is mandatory for Usyk. I can't see him stepping aside. I understand having mandatory challengers but it seems to take very little to earn it.

It's a complete shit show! So, to answer your question. I don't think we'll see it next year. If Fury fights on into 2023 then maybe. I genuinely can't see any current heavyweights beating Usyk or Fury. The ultimate challenge for both would be each other but as you say  we could miss out on that which would be a travesty. We just have to hope Fury wants to unify before retiring and it might happen eventually. Hopefully before Fury loses his spark.