Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

56 minutes ago, Rich said:

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/more-wwe-superstar-releases-revealed-including-several-surprising-names/

Wow very shocked by some of these, doesn’t make much sense to me. I know it’s not one of the big ones but I don’t understand the B Fab one as she literally just debuted on smackdown With hit row 🤔

Keith Lee gets a new gimmick and gets released 🙈

Crazy! Releasing actual talent always annoys me!

8 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Crazy! Releasing actual talent always annoys me!

B1DB5F9E-DD4C-4C76-B44A-ADCA04CB8A77.thumb.jpeg.be424a951a77fc3fc16a912e684a20d1.jpeg

This is crazy, you could build 2 companies With the sheer amount of talent released. I think they could be selling up, I can’t think of any other reason so many releases would happen. They say budget cuts but WWE is more profitable than ever now.

Same as you when actual talent gets released. The Keith Lee one has annoyed me, the man is awesome but they messed him up so much!

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

B1DB5F9E-DD4C-4C76-B44A-ADCA04CB8A77.thumb.jpeg.be424a951a77fc3fc16a912e684a20d1.jpeg

This is crazy, you could build 2 companies With the sheer amount of talent released. I think they could be selling up, I can’t think of any other reason so many releases would happen. They say budget cuts but WWE is more profitable than ever now.

Same as you when actual talent gets released. The Keith Lee one has annoyed me, the man is awesome but they messed him up so much!

Maybe AEW could branch out and create another show to accommodate some of them. I know they're signing a few of the big guns but there's some serious mid card talent there that you might never see again and that would be such a shame.

I still can't get over Strowman and Wyatt, tbh.

Just now, Dai_ said:

Maybe AEW could branch out and create another show to accommodate some of them. I know they're signing a few of the big guns but there's some serious mid card talent there that you might never see again and that would be such a shame.

I still can't get over Strowman and Wyatt, tbh.

Yeah AEW have so much talent now, I wish Rampage was on tv in the UK like dynamite, they could make that another 2 hour show and actually have a draft, i quite enjoy a draft 😂

I read the other day that Vince didn’t like Bray, which actually makes sense considering he tries ruining him at every turn. Even orton wasn’t happy with how the mania match was supposed to end. Wyatt was the best thing in WWE until they ruined him.

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah AEW have so much talent now, I wish Rampage was on tv in the UK like dynamite, they could make that another 2 hour show and actually have a draft, i quite enjoy a draft 😂

I read the other day that Vince didn’t like Bray, which actually makes sense considering he tries ruining him at every turn. Even orton wasn’t happy with how the mania match was supposed to end. Wyatt was the best thing in WWE until they ruined him.

I agree about Wyatt. Vince missed a trick in not creating another phenom like character in Wyatt. He seriously could of carried the company for years to come. Imagine if they let him create a new ministry of darkness or something with Alistair Black, Finn Balor and any other dark individual about. I'd be all over that! Shame it'll never happen.

Can't wait for the weekend! Canelo vs. Plant. Boxxer's Super Lightweight tournament. The Heavyweight one that Nick Webb won was a fun watch. And a great card for the UFC.

Missus knows I won't be talking to her much so she's happy she can watch her strictly come dancing.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Can't wait for the weekend! Canelo vs. Plant. Boxxer's Super Lightweight tournament. The Heavyweight one that Nick Webb won was a fun watch. And a great card for the UFC.

Missus knows I won't be talking to her much so she's happy she can watch her strictly come dancing.

Haha! Yeah, this weekend is exciting! I've had it highlighted for a while so my missus knows to leave me alone too. 🤣

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Great weekend and don’t forget Brighton vs Newcastle at 5:30 to kick it all off 😂

If anyone wants to watch a good press conference, they had a good one for UFC.

As much of a nob Colby is, he is entertaining 😂

Yeah, as much as people do dislike Colby, I find him hilarious. I've read online though that's it's just an act. UFC were going to release him and then he started talking smack and they kept him.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yeah, as much as people do dislike Colby, I find him hilarious. I've read online though that's it's just an act. UFC were going to release him and then he started talking smack and they kept him.

Correct. He was always known as a nice guy until there was a chance of being released. Colby saw what talking crap was doing for Connor and quickly followed suit.

There’s a video online somewhere of Colby talking to a fan and you can see his real self coming out, gives him really good advice and is genuinely nice.

I don't mind who wins between him and Usman. I do agree with Usman being #1 in the P4P list. He's dominated the Welterweight division since beating Woodley.

For me; Adesanya is a close second.

Great set of quarter final fights. I felt like Dodd won his fight against Gibbs personally. Shame, can see Gibbs winning this but I wouldn't mind Appleyard winning.

Got the BT card on in the background too. Nice win for Denzel Bentley, back to winning ways after his disappointing defeat to Felix Cash. Parker vs. Morrison up next. Be a good test for Parker, Morrison has a great chin but with Parker being #1 in the WBO rating he should make easy work of Morrison.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Great set of quarter final fights. I felt like Dodd won his fight against Gibbs personally. Shame, can see Gibbs winning this but I wouldn't mind Appleyard winning.

Got the BT card on in the background too. Nice win for Denzel Bentley, back to winning ways after his disappointing defeat to Felix Cash. Parker vs. Morrison up next. Be a good test for Parker, Morrison has a great chin but with Parker being #1 in the WBO rating he should make easy work of Morrison.

The Boxxer Series is a bit mad! I like a good scrap but the format leads to desperate looking fights. I know you need to start fast otherwise you're up against it but there's zero technical boxing on show. Decent scrapping though.

Agreed @Dai_ the format definitely favours the bigger puncher.

Hence why Nick Webb won the Heavy tournament. Don't think any of these Super Lightweights have power so not expecting any KO/TKOs.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Agreed @Dai_ the format definitely favours the bigger puncher.

Hence why Nick Webb won the Heavy tournament. Don't think any of these Super Lightweights have power so not expecting any KO/TKOs.

Thoroughly enjoyed both Semi-finals. More method to them. As Froch said, it's boxing not fighting. Both deserved winners and sets up an interesting final.

That Gibbs looks a really tidy boxer. Such good footwork.

Enjoyed the boxing but the UFC has started off INSANE! The prelims were fantastic and its a stroke of genius to put Gaethje vs Chandler on first on the main card.... WHAT A FIGHT!!!! Quite possibly the best fight I have ever seen!

Spoiler

Both men are warriors. Taking the shots they did but Chandler has gained a fan in me. Madness!!!! His chin got stronger as the fight went on. Just fucking nuts!

No idea how it went the distance. 

Edited by Dai_

UFC

Spoiler

What a great card! So many great fights. I had Usman winning 3-2 against Colby. I was a little disappointed with Colby though tbh, was very sloppy and threw so many uppercuts from miles a way.

Not sure who's next for Usman.

EDIT: Not sure how I forgot him and even though he's only just started his career in UFC; Chimaev vs. Usman would be a cracker!

Edited by Mikey
Spoiler

Wow UFC was brillant, what a card. That Chandler vs Gaethje was incredible, how did Gaethje take some of them first round punches like they were nothing and then how did Chandler survive the last two rounds. 

There was no real bad fights, I enjoyed them all. The main event as really good but Colby started poorly first two rounds, if he hadn’t then he could have won a that fight. I love Masvidal but I really hope Leon Edwards beats him so he gets his chance against Usman. After that I’m pretty sure Chimaev will be having a shot, the guy is so scary.

Spoiler

I really like Leon Edwards as well and can see him beating Masvidal. My only concern is he got rocked and hurt badly again Diaz and Usman's striking is very impressive.

Edited by Mikey

Whilst I don't and will never claim to know everything, I do follow a very reliable journalist on twitter. EVERYTHING he's ever put on his twitter has happened and he's suggesting tye UFC have opened negotiations for Chandler vs McGregor. With Poirer challenging for the title next and if he wins McGregor won't get a sniff at that, I think Chandler-McGregor makes alot of sense.

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Whilst I don't and will never claim to know everything, I do follow a very reliable journalist on twitter. EVERYTHING he's ever put on his twitter has happened and he's suggesting tye UFC have opened negotiations for Chandler vs McGregor. With Poirer challenging for the title next and if he wins McGregor won't get a sniff at that, I think Chandler-McGregor makes alot of sense.

That would be a great fight, I hope to god Chandler knocks him the hell out 🤞🏻

Just now, Rich said:

That would be a great fight, I hope to god Chandler knocks him the hell out 🤞🏻

It's a tough fight for McGregor with Chandlers wrestling ability but as we've seen, he's willing to stand and bang with anyone! His stock has risen so much in his last two fights it could tease Connor into taking it.

I can't see that happening tbh, but I wouldn't mind if it did! Chandler destroys McGregor imo.

Would love Oliveira to defend his title but I have a feeling Poirier knocks him out.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can't see that happening tbh, but I wouldn't mind if it did! Chandler destroys McGregor imo.

Would love Oliveira to defend his title but I have a feeling Poirier knocks him out.

I believe Poirer deserves a title run. As much as anyone ever has tbh. The bloke has worked his ass off since that first loss to McGregor and the way he pumps all his money into foundations for the poor and stuff is really admirable. Such a likeable dude.

Chandler destroys Connor, no doubt. Maybe why I want to see it so bad. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I love Olivera but Poirier is one of my favourite fighters so I hope he does win, him and Whittaker are probably my two favourite fighters these days. I hope Whittaker and Poirier win the titles 🤞🏻

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I love Olivera but Poirier is one of my favourite fighters so I hope he does win, him and Whittaker are probably my two favourite fighters these days. I hope Whittaker and Poirier win the titles 🤞🏻

Whittaker has his work cut out against Izzy. He's just so damn good. I love Whittaker too though, such a cool dude. You should follow him on Instagram, if you don't already. Such a funny guy.

Max Holloway is my favourite, as I said before. I just love him. It used to be Dominic Cruz but he has had that many injuries and his legs are gone due to that fact, I don't like watching him when he fights now because its a shadow of what he was. He's headlining the pre-lims on the Oliveira-Poirer card so I'll be nervous watching him.

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Whittaker has his work cut out against Izzy. He's just so damn good. I love Whittaker too though, such a cool dude. You should follow him on Instagram, if you don't already. Such a funny guy.

Max Holloway is my favourite, as I said before. I just love him. It used to be Dominic Cruz but he has had that many injuries and his legs are gone due to that fact, I don't like watching him when he fights now because its a shadow of what he was. He's headlining the pre-lims on the Oliveira-Poirer card so I'll be nervous watching him.

Yeah I can’t see Whittaker winning, Izzy is just a cut above everyone at middleweight I think. I do follow him, he’s great, I watch him on YouTube quite a bit. I love watching old Chael Sonnen, Bisping and Rampage Jackson on YouTube, so funny 😂

Yeah I’m a big fan of Max, he’s awesome, I love his banter with DC. Brilliant. 

Cruz was sooo good back in the day, so hard to hit, like you said injuries have slowed him down now unfortunately. 

I got a few random fighters who I love, Anthony Smith, Vincente Luque and Beneil Dariush.