Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

A good card for anyone who wants to know.

Hide contents

My man Max got destroyed for 5 rounds by Volkanovski. No doubt who the better fighter is now, i can admit that. Volk keeps getting better and better. Wow!

Adesanya was as advertised. Too good.

I'll be watching MITB after a couple of hours sleep so no spoilers, please. ( I already stupidly went on Facebook & saw who won the women's MITB match. 😡😡😡 Schoolboy error)

Oops.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Oops.

If you don't watch the UFC mate make sure you check out Adesanya's walk out, at least. It was ballsy. Ha

Edited by Dai_
22 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

If you don't watch the UFC mate make sure you check out Adesanya's walk out, at least. It was ballsy. Ha

Gutted he couldn’t get UT to join him.

40 minutes ago, Rob said:

Gutted he couldn’t get UT to join him.

Taker loves the UFC and I'm sure if it had been in Texas and not Vegas we would've seen him.

So the obvious two picks for the Rumbles at the weekend are Cody and Rhea… but does anyone have other thoughts?

I really x 56 want it to be Samy. I think his story needs to conclude at Mania. Just hope the company sees him as a top level star as his growth and love from the fans is so organic. I want Bron to have a good run in the Rumble too.

As for ladies, I’d love Becky to win it and face Charlotte at Mania with her ‘The Man’ gimmick and Flair as twat-heel. Plain one on one. No Rousey, Bayley, or others. Best face versus best heel.

The dream? 

The Rock stuns the crowd at number 26. Number 28 makes the crowd explode as the glass shatters and Austin and Rock square off one more time. Austin is eliminated by whoever he'll face at Mania, I'll go Cena as why the hell not. 

Last four Sammy, Rock, Cena and Cody. Noone knows who they want to win. Sammy for the storyline, The Rock for the epic, Cody for the future but you have that Cena worry. 

Sammy's been the iron man, everyone is behind him, Cena eliminates him breaking hearts and building the fear of only Cena can stop Roman. Cody gets the rub throwing Cena over the rope, we're down to The Rock and Cody. 

Spinebuster, the Rock goes for the people elbow as Roman appears tripping the Rock as he runs the ropes, and starts screaming about the family. In the distraction Cody launches The Rock to the outside. 

The Rock then costs Roman one of his titles, that's the one Cody goes after. 

WM Night 1: 

Cody Vs New champion

The Rock Vs Roman 

WM Night 2: 

Roman Vs Sammy

Austin Vs Cena 

Jobs a good'n 😛

That's my fan booking having not watched wrestling in over a decade but seeing the casual stuff 😂😂

2 hours ago, Rob said:

So the obvious two picks for the Rumbles at the weekend are Cody and Rhea… but does anyone have other thoughts?

I really x 56 want it to be Samy. I think his story needs to conclude at Mania. Just hope the company sees him as a top level star as his growth and love from the fans is so organic. I want Bron to have a good run in the Rumble too.

As for ladies, I’d love Becky to win it and face Charlotte at Mania with her ‘The Man’ gimmick and Flair as twat-heel. Plain one on one. No Rousey, Bayley, or others. Best face versus best heel.

Rumble is my favourite event of the year. I love it! I have no expectations this year. I think Cody will win the men's rumble though. That's been the plan since his return, I think. BUT! I want this Bloodline storyline to play out with Sammy dethroning The Big Dog. He's been the perfect employee since stepping up to the main roster and goes fully in on whatever goofy storyline they give him. He deserves a reward for that because some of them have been ridiculous! Plus, can you imagine the pop it would create? I know it wont happen though. He'll get 2nd prize and win the tag titles with KO.

I don't really care about the women's rumble this year. As long as I see Alexa and maybe an appearance from Maryse, Torrie Wilson, Trish or any of the other Ladies that tickle my pickle then i'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

The dream? 

The Rock stuns the crowd at number 26. Number 28 makes the crowd explode as the glass shatters and Austin and Rock square off one more time. Austin is eliminated by whoever he'll face at Mania, I'll go Cena as why the hell not. 

Last four Sammy, Rock, Cena and Cody. Noone knows who they want to win. Sammy for the storyline, The Rock for the epic, Cody for the future but you have that Cena worry. 

Sammy's been the iron man, everyone is behind him, Cena eliminates him breaking hearts and building the fear of only Cena can stop Roman. Cody gets the rub throwing Cena over the rope, we're down to The Rock and Cody. 

Spinebuster, the Rock goes for the people elbow as Roman appears tripping the Rock as he runs the ropes, and starts screaming about the family. In the distraction Cody launches The Rock to the outside. 

The Rock then costs Roman one of his titles, that's the one Cody goes after. 

WM Night 1: 

Cody Vs New champion

The Rock Vs Roman 

WM Night 2: 

Roman Vs Sammy

Austin Vs Cena 

Jobs a good'n 😛

That's my fan booking having not watched wrestling in over a decade but seeing the casual stuff 😂😂

For a "casual" you seem to have put an awful lot of thought into this mate. Haha! I love it!

I like the sound of all of it tbh. Very unlikely but it would be pretty cool to see.

I love The Rock. Probably more than anyone else you'll ever speak to (I have every single one of his Funko Pop's. No others, just his WWE ones and all characters he's played outside of wrestling and I'm not embarrassed at all. lol) but I don't want to see him in WWE again. There's no long term storyline and a passing of the torch to Roman should have been done ages ago, if at all. The pop he would get would be huge but he's Hollywood now. There's no need to come back.

Saying all that. I would probably forget all that once I see him on the screen. HA!

So. I had every intention of staying up and watching the Rumble live. That failed. I even fell asleep before the Beterbiev vs Yarde boxing. I'm yet to see the result of that.

I'm near the end of the Rumble here. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler here in case people haven't caught up.

Spoiler

Men's Rumble: Gutted not to see The Rock even though it's been reported that he couldn't fit it or Mania into his schedule, I was hoping that was just to throw people off. The Rumble itself was a bit underwhelming. Not the winner, I sort of knew that was coming but the match on the whole was a bit, meh. Even Kofi's spot went wrong. Ha!

Mountain Dew dark match: What the fudge was this?! Ha! While my 9 year old daughter loved all of the glowing stuff and ok, maybe I did a little I hope to never see it again. Bray was always going to win and add to his mysterious storyline further.

Women's title match: Pants. It's setting up for Bliss fully turning which I can't wait for. I love me a bit of dark Bliss.

Women's Rumble match: Much better than the mens. Love Rhea winning. I might of just loved it because I'm a bit of a pervert. Haha! Of course Nia Jaxx returned in the most Nia Jaxx return, music hit before the countdown had started. Which was hilarious.

Main Event: Owens can bloody carry a match. He's incredible. Was never going to win but I love seeing him compete. The storyline continuing afterwards. I was half expecting to maybe see The Rock here. But, Nope! My dreams dashed again. Lol. Will Sami win one belt at WM and Cody the other? It's certainly interesting. If KO and Sami only win the Tag belts then WWE will have missed a trick, IMO.

Overall it was decent.

Rumble results thoughts

Spoiler

Turns out the two main winners were the obvious ones and despite Ash writing multiple letters to WWE HQ we didn’t get Rock, Cena, and Austin. 

Men’s rumble was turd. Obvious winner, coupled with a a great run by Gunther, meant we ended with the overhyped favourite entering at 30 and the plucky underdog lasting from 1… which made me and plenty others dream of Gunther overcoming the odds to win. No real surprise entrants too. Logan is awesome and the spot with Rico was great.

Mountain Dew match was meh. LA Knight is wasted in this feud  and Bray isn’t big enough to be a scary monster. Sooner Knight moves in to a normal feud and matches the better. Oh, and Howdy missed the spot by a mile.

Alexa is great. Being slightly wasted. I always preferred her Princess gimmick.

Women’s rumble was excellent except for the Nia entrance botch. The end was genius. Thoroughly enjoyed this and the lack of legend women showed how full the women’s roster is. Shame Chelsea wasn’t in longer, but otherwise well done.

The last match and segment was brilliant. Roman, Sami, and the rest are brilliant. Pure theatre.

7/10 overall. Last two matches 8/10 for me.

added 0 minutes later
2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

So. I had every intention of staying up and watching the Rumble live. That failed. I even fell asleep before the Beterbiev vs Yarde boxing. I'm yet to see the result of that.

I'm near the end of the Rumble here. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler here in case people haven't caught up.

Hide contents

Men's Rumble: Gutted not to see The Rock even though it's been reported that he couldn't fit it or Mania into his schedule, I was hoping that was just to throw people off. The Rumble itself was a bit underwhelming. Not the winner, I sort of knew that was coming but the match on the whole was a bit, meh. Even Kofi's spot went wrong. Ha!

Mountain Dew dark match: What the fudge was this?! Ha! While my 9 year old daughter loved all of the glowing stuff and ok, maybe I did a little I hope to never see it again. Bray was always going to win and add to his mysterious storyline further.

Women's title match: Pants. It's setting up for Bliss fully turning which I can't wait for. I love me a bit of dark Bliss.

Women's Rumble match: Much better than the mens. Love Rhea winning. I might of just loved it because I'm a bit of a pervert. Haha! Of course Nia Jaxx returned in the most Nia Jaxx return, music hit before the countdown had started. Which was hilarious.

Main Event: Owens can bloody carry a match. He's incredible. Was never going to win but I love seeing him compete. The storyline continuing afterwards. I was half expecting to maybe see The Rock here. But, Nope! My dreams dashed again. Lol. Will Sami win one belt at WM and Cody the other? It's certainly interesting. If KO and Sami only win the Tag belts then WWE will have missed a trick, IMO.

Overall it was decent.

Didn’t see this before I posted. Very similar thoughts!

Caught the men's rumble and I didn't think much of it so I didn't bother with the rest 😂. When the winner is telegraphed it needs to do something special to stand out and I don't think it did, the second it was the final 4/5 it was obvious who was indeed winning, and unfortunately I didn't fall for any of the fake outs. As an outsider looking in I don't know who Gunther is, so he never felt a credible WM headliner compared to Cody etc and unfortunately a WM headliner has to catch outside eyes. While I've not seen much of Cody in truth I did love him during the Legacy run with Ted DiBiase. 

That Logan Paul spot though was outrageous, fair play to both of them. 

The return of Jon "Bones" Jones tonight.....

Spoiler

THE GREATEST TO EVER FIGHT IN THE UFC BABY! New heavyweight champion of the world! 😁

Outside of the Rumbles, I’ve never been as pumped for a wresting event as this Wrestlemania. Two loaded nights.

For me, we are in the third ‘top period’ of wrestling. Late 80s and AE being the other two. 

5 hours ago, Rob said:

Outside of the Rumbles, I’ve never been as pumped for a wresting event as this Wrestlemania. Two loaded nights.

For me, we are in the third ‘top period’ of wrestling. Late 80s and AE being the other two. 

I agree. 

Only night one of Mania and so far it's been the best Mania for years! Not a bad match on the card. 

Sunday night might let it down but so far, very enjoyable.

Loved it! Agree its been the best in years.

I'm loving Sami Zayn and KO being back together. The USOS are class and the Bloodline battle and potential in house issues could make that storyline even better.

I hope RR gets his 1000 days as champ but i hope Cody takes his titles. 

I can see Usos breaking away tbh and RR's world crumbling around him and having only Solo left. Would love to see Haymen have 2nd thoughts about being Wiseman as RR's future as Champ becomes fragile.