Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

AEW is really well written and entertaining. Corny’s just turned in to a cartoon character and hating on AEW is one of his ‘things’.

Yeah he loves to hate on them, I enjoy AEW, lots of good things going for it. Love that Jericho is still as entertaining with the mic, hope they do more stuff with him and MJF.

Currently I think MJF is the best asset that AEW has. He needs to just improve his in ring skills to match his promo work and AEW will have a figurehead set for the long term. 

Moxleys reign with the title has been disappointing and I am hoping they put the belt on MJF soon. 

8 hours ago, Rob said:
8 hours ago, Rob said:

AEW is really well written and entertaining. Corny’s just turned in to a cartoon character and hating on AEW is one of his ‘things’.

8 hours ago, RichDave32 said:

Yeah he loves to hate on them, I enjoy AEW, lots of good things going for it. Love that Jericho is still as entertaining with the mic, hope they do more stuff with him and MJF.

I'll have to give it another watch at some point! Was hyped when it first aired, watched the first couple shows but haven't now in ages. The Inner Circle interested me at first and I was even going to buy their shirt, think it looks really cool.

I do find Corny really funny, maybe going of his opinion isn't fair as he pisses over AEW, especially the Dark Order.

The thing I like most about AEW is that everyone has a relationship with everyone. In the WWE storylines are only really done between two people/factions at a time, whereas AEW has interlinked angles. 

On 08/08/2020 at 05:16, Ashez said:

The best wrestling commentary dub I've seen in a long time and the thread is full of them! 

Yeah I came here just to watch this again 😂😂

44 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah I came here just to watch this again 😂😂

Ive seen this a while back. Its hilarious 😂😂

15 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Currently I think MJF is the best asset that AEW has. He needs to just improve his in ring skills to match his promo work and AEW will have a figurehead set for the long term. 

Moxleys reign with the title has been disappointing and I am hoping they put the belt on MJF soon. 

Meant to reply to this one. Totally agree Kane. MJF is incredible. I wish I was that talented at that age. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Don’t think there will ever be a better time in wrestling for me! Was young at the time, genuinely got so excited for WWF and WCW!

Just wondered what my fellow Wrestlemaniacs thought of the empty arena shows? AEW do it a lot better than the big E in my opinion. I dislike the Thunderdome. 

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just wondered what my fellow Wrestlemaniacs thought of the empty arena shows? AEW do it a lot better than the big E in my opinion. I dislike the Thunderdome. 

Yeah AEW have done it a lot better, even just having a few people at ringside makes a difference, would be good if WWE done something to that standard. Have you seen where WWE is moving it’s shows though, which looks interesting.

6C0CC156-AC1F-40A8-A9D4-26A512D1B46B.thumb.jpeg.5b16b868ff152b4da547ee6d4a41bd2a.jpeg

Tropicana field it’s called. Could be interesting.

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

Yeah AEW have done it a lot better, even just having a few people at ringside makes a difference, would be good if WWE done something to that standard. Have you seen where WWE is moving it’s shows though, which looks interesting.

6C0CC156-AC1F-40A8-A9D4-26A512D1B46B.thumb.jpeg.5b16b868ff152b4da547ee6d4a41bd2a.jpeg

Tropicana field it’s called. Could be interesting.

I assume they’ll be fitting some more fans in there then?

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

I assume they’ll be fitting some more fans in there then?

Hope that’s what there thinking, it’s just not the same without it.

When you think back, the last main thing I remember happening in the WWE with fans was Edge’s return. Imagine that now. Proper damp squib. Having no fans also holds a lot of angles back I assume. Imagine Reigns’ heel turn with fans. It would been monumental.

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

When you think back, the last main thing I remember happening in the WWE with fans was Edge’s return. Imagine that now. Proper damp squib. Having no fans also holds a lot of angles back I assume. Imagine Reigns’ heel turn with fans. It would been monumental.

Ohh I know, that’s the last thing I remember as well. Wrestlemania moments for McIntyre and Strowman must be so bitter sweet for them, winning the Titles first time with no fans at mania must have been tough. I miss fans letting WWE know who they are not behind and who they are behind.

I’m a massive Cesaro fan and I find it hard to watch smackdown when he’s not featured as I route for him big time 🤣

1 minute ago, Rob said:

The end to AEW this week 👍 

My friend just text me asking if I seen it, but I’ll watch it when it’s on, so haven’t seen anything yet 😬

Just now, RichD said:

My friend just text me asking if I seen it, but I’ll watch it when it’s on, so haven’t seen anything yet 😬

I try to do the same, but had it spoilt for me. I won’t say anymore.

As I've said before I don't watch it anymore, I just have a casual interest but results are next to impossible to not see, especially for big PPVs. Too many arsehole YouTubers putting it in thumbnails or it's all over Twitter. 

That's why Nintendo Direct days I basically avoid every site but Vibe to avoid any leaks/spoilers as what's the point if you aren't getting that shock/surprise/reaction. 

I tend to try and avoid results of the PPVs just to get a surprise watching WrestlingWithWregets review. 

I haven't got the time or interest to care week to week though. 

I follow it week to week, but if I watch something it tended to be WC or CultaHolic on YT.

However, AEW has lit a spark on me. Absolutely love that show. Wresting of my yoof.

Yeah I follow every week, I do watch all the shows, struggle getting through raw, smackdown and even NXT lately though. I skip through most things to see the end of each match.

Just watched AEW now, fair play that was awesome ending, don’t want to say too much just in case someone hasn’t seen it 😁

1 minute ago, Rob said:
  Hide contents

The appearance by Sting was lovely, but the Callis story has been so well done to date. 

Spoiler

Yeah both were done nicely. As soon as I seen Don Callis I had a feeling that’s what was going to go down, I don’t watch impact much, but will have to tune in next week now! Used to love TNA back in the day.

6 minutes ago, RichD said:
  Hide contents

Yeah both were done nicely. As soon as I seen Don Callis I had a feeling that’s what was going to go down, I don’t watch impact much, but will have to tune in next week now! Used to love TNA back in the day.

Spoiler

I expected him to align with Omega, but not run off and announce Tuesday night. I’m amazed they kept their lines in the car park as their adrenaline must have been going mad.

TNA in the Joe, AJ, Daniels, McGuiness era was phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:
  Hide contents

I expected him to align with Omega, but not run off and announce Tuesday night. I’m amazed they kept their lines in the car park as their adrenaline must have been going mad.

TNA in the Joe, AJ, Daniels, McGuiness era was phenomenal.

Spoiler

I just had a funny feeling about impact being involved when I seen him, mostly as he’s Jericho’s best friend and he’s been Angling for them both to get involved. Omega is great, he’s going to play this heel character so well.

Yeah it was brilliant, loved the X division, my favourites back then were Sabin and Shelley, loved the Motor City Machine Guns, now there back in Impact, them against young bucks again would be amazing!